AdamBenson
Wannabe Heli Whore
+19|6547
Whats the fun in it? I always hated it, found it boring. Ya you get some free points but thats about it. Maybe you guys can convince me to be commander more, because its a weak spot in my stats.
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6609

AdamBenson wrote:

Whats the fun in it? I always hated it, found it boring. Ya you get some free points but thats about it. Maybe you guys can convince me to be commander more, because its a weak spot in my stats.
Haha...You have more command points than I do and I have 250 hours more than you.

I just don't command...I'm satisfied with Vet Command...not looking for Expert anytime soon.

Last edited by MorbiD.ShoT (2007-04-08 20:17:32)

pj666
+16|6378|Sydney, Australia
Maybe because it's a team game, and a good commander helps the team ... ?
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6340|105 RVK
why the hell do i need to convince you? if u dont want to command, then dont.
t0mhank5
+319|6724|Surge
Variety, and for the shiny medal. Though I admit, it can be pretty boring at times. Its nice to command a well oiled team who follows your orders and stuff too.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6691|Middle of nowhere
i like it because you don't have to do much

after a long time of running around, it's nice to let the adrenaline settle down for a few rounds
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6755|London

Missionless wrote:

why the hell do i need to convince you? if u dont want to command, then dont.
Indeed, what was the point of this thread?
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6465
The only time I command is if I come in a little late in a round....all the good vehicles are being used, and no one is currently being commander.  If I don't have my point whore mobiles......like jets and choppers.......I might as well sit around and get easy points.  But I do at least try to be a GOOD commander.

KiL
Ricerckt93
+69|6665

genius_man16 wrote:

i like it because you don't have to do much

after a long time of running around, it's nice to let the adrenaline settle down for a few rounds
Yeah, I have to agree.

It is a nice change, and still play the game.
jsnipy
+3,276|6535|...

a good commander can make or break a win
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6704|Calgary

jsnipy wrote:

a good commander can make or break a win
san4
The Mas
+311|6701|NYC, a place to live
Like everything else in BF2, commanding requires its own set of skills. Yes, it's boring if you don't think carefully about where to put the UAV, it's boring if you don't spot enemies in the areas where you didn't put the UAV, it's boring if you don't try to defend your commander assets, it's boring if you don't try to give your tanks supply crates before they ask for them, and it's boring if you don't try to figure out where your squads should attack and then give them orders to do so.

Also you can eat while commanding.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6295|Pennsyltucky

I like to do it just as a change of pace.

As others have noted a GOOD Commander can make the difference between winning & losing.

I try to always keep the UAV up, watch for breakouts & drop supplies AHEAD of advancing forces.

The server I usually play on allows Commanders to fight.  Personally I don't feel I have the skills to fight and command yet, but on this one server at least I can start practicing doing both.  Noone has ever initiated a Kick vote against me so I guess I'm doing OK.

Most of the time though, Commander is good when you need a break but don't want to stop playing.  I have Veteran Command but Expert & the War College Ribbon are still a long way off.
Jet Blast
Banned
+15|6246
Easy points while you eat chow.  Even I know that.
.robzored.
Roflcopter Pilot
+74|6289|Illinois
Because if your having a bad day you can arty your own guys, and theres not a damn thing they can do about it. What are they gonna do, mutiny you? Like that will ever happen. Also you can put UAV over the middle of the ocean, just to see if there are any enemy dolphins around.
namsdrawkcaB
Biggest n00blet around!
+35|6312
do what i do and go commander, then take a long 20 min dump, then come back and walla,!! free 120 points.
keyoshi
+28|6432
I would NOT want Robzored as commander lol. Commanding, is EXTREMELY boring, I hate it, but I am very good at it. I think the key to commanding, is, look at where your troops are going, think of what you would want from the commander if you were invading, and do that. (It may seem obvious to you, but there are some pretty bad commanders out there....) That's how I do it. I may piss people off by spotting a lot, but hell, I keep my W:L ratio up by commanding sometimes.

Another reason? Like genius man said, you can take a break from battle for a little while. Or if it's a map you don't like, you can command instead of fight. IE, devils perch, I commanded on MEC side, those guys didn't stand a chance, they NEVER capped.

Oh, and you can talk on AIM / Xfire all you want And sit in a car to get transport time too Like anyone is ever gonna get 75hrs in the 10 second intervals people use them..come on EA....

Last edited by keyoshi (2007-04-09 00:59:26)

weasel_thingo
+74|6339
i might go commander when i want to use a suply box to get to a good spot, i dont command much anymore i dont fuind it fun, i prefer to be shooting and stuff.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6660

AdamBenson wrote:

because its a weak spot in my stats.
if THIS is your only reason, then please don't bother to play as a commander. commander is fun for people who like the job and it can be challenging and fun if you try to do it right. but if you consider it to be burden, then just don't play as a commander
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6580|NYC / Hamburg

you are not alone. I also don't like commanding. It's like playing C&C where your units don't do what you tell them to. I find it extremely boring. Also I can live without bf2 for the minutes I have to eat/work/whatever
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
agent146
+127|6399|Jesus Land aka Canada
i don't like commandering to, reconsidering that in most rounds people dont' really do what you tell them. But i do recall getting the gold star numerous times as commander and i have never fired a single shot. Its a nice change from all the shooting

Last edited by agent146 (2007-04-09 01:27:28)

Jem250
+4|6247|Bath, UK
In general I think it comes down to the quality of the players on your team. If you find yourself attacking Karkand with 31 players who are alert to where you're putting UAVs and obeying orders then I find it's great fun. I commanded to victory on Oman just the other day with a team who were mostly in squads and paid attention to the need to defend positions they'd captured without me needing to order it.

End of the day whether you can enjoy commanding probably says quite a bit about how you play within a team. People who like it tend to be the ones who can follow orders properly and enjoy playing for a team victory - perhaps avoiding the Hotel fire-fight in order to steal Suburb on Karkand for instance.
3lmo
Don't Hassel the Hoff
+345|6316|The | Netherlands
Being afk and getting free points!

/ironic
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6539|Singapore
i command when im eating....or have to be afk for a while...
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6578|England

Just dont do it on IO.
No artillery, so wheres the fun in it?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard