Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
I have pretty good comp but Getting low FPS in 2142, having little graphical lag. These are my settings:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/adibas/2142gfxsettings.jpg
I've turned down most without needing the game to look like crap, but still getting low FPS.

My comp specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Memory: 2gb ram
Video Card: HIS radeon x1800xt 512 mb

I've done all the tweaks I know of, defragged my disk with diskeeper and done all spyware and virus scans, reduced my processes to minimal, disabled themes and stuff. I find this strange because I have pretty good GFX and 2 GB ram.

Karma to all who help me with this.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-04-08 01:59:44)

']['error
Banned
+630|6636|The Netherlands
EDIT: shit this is 2142, srry

you should e able to run high with 4 x AA

your comp specs:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Memory: 2gb ram
Video Card: HIS radeon x1800xt 512 mb

MY comp specs:
processor:   Pentium 4 , 3Ghz (yours is better)
mem:          2gb ram (same)
Video card: 7900GT 256 mb (yours is better)

and i run all high with 4 x AA

Last edited by ']['error (2007-04-08 02:03:27)

Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
Yeah I had good settings in BF2 but 2142 is bit lag, and titan mode is unbearable sometimes in the titan, having connection pauses and all (graphical) stuff, like when I see people moving their motion blurred and all moving point a point b style.
lt603668
+6|6354|northern cali
wierd i got a lil shitty then both of u guys and i run all high and not a bit of lag.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
I checked even is there new BIOS out but no, and I installed omega drivers instead of Xg-Warcat (which were designed for BF2) for my GFX.

I thought maybe it is about my processor, because my computer doesn't recognize I have dual-core because I can't set affinity. I got xp home.

And then there's this: http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/bat … /page4.asp
I should be having stuff on all high and AAx4 AFx16 but no I'm getting low fps with low-medium settings.

I really need help!
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
I'm also getting these 1 sec connection problems. I'm playing normally and then at regural there appears the text there's problem with your connection for 1 second and then  it continues normally, these are usually enough to get me killed.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6767
Have you cleaned your fans lately?
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612

Sgt_Sieg wrote:

Have you cleaned your fans lately?
Vacuumed? No, not lately and not in any other way too...
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6560|NYC / Hamburg

weird, I can run those settings with my x1600 mobility. Drop your shadows/lights, effects and AA (possibly). You should have geometry, terrain and texture at high.
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
I'm gonna cry, I lag at even these settings and vacuuming the computer did nothing and I still have 1 second connection problems.

And reducing the graphics to low isn't the solution as I should perform much better because this is good graphics card, and others don't have problems with it. Like in the firingsquad link, they put all high and still get around 50 fps with x1800xt.

Last edited by Hacial (2007-04-08 10:10:08)

jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6648|Cambridge, England
Hmm, what settings do you have in the catlyst control centre.
max
Vela Incident

Hacial wrote:

I'm gonna cry, I lag at even these settings and vacuuming the computer did nothing and I still have 1 second connection problems.

And reducing the graphics to low isn't the solution as I should perform much better because this is good graphics card.
what kind of FPS are you getting? What speed is your RAM (if its really low it might hold you back)?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
I'm using omega drivers and set all to "let the application decide", and getting FPS around 30 and if there's action even less. How to find out how fast my ram is? And my system doesn't recognize that I have dual-core it think I have single core maybe it could cause problems?
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
I think the 1 second connection problems maybe because I disabled my paging file. What's good paging file size? I tried googling but I couldn't find answer.
max
Vela Incident

Hacial wrote:

I'm using omega drivers and set all to "let the application decide", and getting FPS around 30 and if there's action even less. How to find out how fast my ram is? And my system doesn't recognize that I have dual-core it think I have single core maybe it could cause problems?
download CPU-Z. It tells you everything about your PC linky

Hacial wrote:

I think the 1 second connection problems maybe because I disabled my paging file. What's good paging file size? I tried googling but I couldn't find answer.
1.5 times your ram is the general rule. I usually set it to 2 GB because that way it doesn't use up too much HD space but is bay far big enough to store anything.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6520|Belgium

put AA off.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
CPU-Z said my ram frequency was 199.0 MHz though I bought DDR400...
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6612
I putted paging file on again but it helped nothing, I just can't believe I'm getting FPS under 20 right now and connection problems and got this powerful machine!
kachunkachunk
+8|6382|Ontario
You should turn down your settings as a troubleshooting measure, and see if it helps at all.
If it does, then something is somehow stopping your system from running at your desired settings (I'm assuming that you are not being expecting unreasonably strong performance capabilities, here).

4x anti aliasing is a big hit on graphics performance, just so you know. More than most people would imagine. What resolution are you running at?
Your processor can be the bottleneck in performance, but as long as you're above 2GHz with modern dual-cores, you can play on heavily-populated Titan servers (and fight on Titans). That is, if your settings aren't too high and your graphics card isn't being toasted.
jamiet757
+138|6615
well, if your hardware is up to spec which it is, then I would assume it is an OS problem.  Soemthing isn't rignt, did you try running your antivirus and anti-adware programs? Try running a registry cleaner too.  you can try looking at your processes in the task manager when the computer is just idling, about the only thing that should be using the cpu is the System Idle Process, if something else is using a high amount of resources, check into it and see if you can disable it.
jamesb
Joined BF2s in November 2005
+133|6716|Doncaster, England

jamiet757 wrote:

well, if your hardware is up to spec which it is, then I would assume it is an OS problem.  Soemthing isn't rignt, did you try running your antivirus and anti-adware programs? Try running a registry cleaner too.  you can try looking at your processes in the task manager when the computer is just idling, about the only thing that should be using the cpu is the System Idle Process, if something else is using a high amount of resources, check into it and see if you can disable it.
When you've done all this, and you are not running too hot.
Check your net connection, do you share it ?

http://www.internettrafficreport.com/
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6753
I have a similar problem. I'm getting 20-30 FPS with minimal settings:

https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/talon1579/th_thing.jpg

Processor: pentium 4 3ghz
Ram: 1gb
Card: Radeon X600 256mb

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard