Fearnight
+0|6743
I don't know what the problem is but I can hardly get any kills with the stationary Stinger AA missles. It seems the only time I can make contact is when a helicopter is hovering about 30 yards away.

I usually aim at the plane/helo and wait for a lock on. They will usually drop their flares and I will fire after they have disappeared. If they didn't drop their flares after a lock on I will shoot 1 missle and wait until they do. Are the stingers just way too underpowered or am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Fearnight (2005-12-07 08:28:53)

mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6771|d
dude u need to go to the featured post section, and read , fuk it , go here.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1311
Fearnight
+0|6743

mafia996630 wrote:

dude u need to go to the featured post section, and read , fuk it , go here.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=1311
Oh, thanks. Can't believe I didn't see that.
CackNBallz
+45|6750|Toronto, Canada
I am using the Stingers/IGLAs extensively now.  What I have found is for helicopters aim above them before lock-on and fire.  The helicopter has to be within 200 metres for this work effectively.  Firing above the helicopters is more effective as that is where the exhaust is and the heat signature is greater.  If they fire flares, the missiles will fly down and will arc down and hit the helicopter on the way of chasing the flares.

Another reason to aim high is if they don't fire off flares their first reaction is to fly up as that is the quickest way to move in a helicopter for most pilots.  Transport choppers are by far the easiest to shoot down, there are times where I shoot of both stingers before they even have time to react and I get 5 or 6 kills.  This happens a lot on Wake Island.

The USMC side got so annoyed that they sent artillery, bombing runs, tv missiles, and miniguns blazing on me to try to get rid of me.  The trick is to hide and make it seem that you aren't there (especially when a jet is flying over), but I take satisfaction that they use up their bombs on me and not on the tanks.
oberst_enzian
+234|6750|melb.au
yeah, hide in the bushes and watch the map to see if anything registers farther than you can see coming in your direction and listen for sound - if you're not in the seat you don't show up as to the pilot
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
It is hard to use that thing properly.  I prefer the thing mounted to carriers for anti-air.  Gatling gun plus for secondary you get 8 missiles and then you have to reload again.  It is just better except for the fact that they are a little bit badly placed.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard