{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6790|San Antonio, Texas

lowing wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

What the hell has this world come to? Is it just me, or is there an aura around some parts of the world that just sucks the intelligence out of people?
Nothing like contributing to a thread is there??

You got an opinion other than everyone is stupid except you??
That was directed to the OP/topic. And sometimes I wonder about the overall IQ of this world... But, I agree with you, people need to learn how to deal with these "problems" without resorting to a quick "fix-all" medicine. They need to learn how to deal with the stress of raising a kid. They had the kid, they need to deal with it, if they didn't want all of the stress, maybe they should have thought before conceiving the child.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6682|USA

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

lowing wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

What the hell has this world come to? Is it just me, or is there an aura around some parts of the world that just sucks the intelligence out of people?
Nothing like contributing to a thread is there??

You got an opinion other than everyone is stupid except you??
That was directed to the OP/topic. And sometimes I wonder about the overall IQ of this world... But, I agree with you, people need to learn how to deal with these "problems" without resorting to a quick "fix-all" medicine. They need to learn how to deal with the stress of raising a kid. They had the kid, they need to deal with it, if they didn't want all of the stress, maybe they should have thought before conceiving the child.
Sounds good.  My response to your post wasn't an attack because I thought you disagreed with me. It was directed toward the thought that you disagreed with something in this thread, what was it?? From your post you could not tell which side you fell on this topic

Last edited by lowing (2007-04-08 07:55:28)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6649|InGerLand

LaidBackNinja wrote:

Of ADD and Bi-Polar, Bi-Polar is the bigger bunch of bullshit. ADD does exist, even though in most cases it's just an energetic child or bad parenting. But Bi-Polar disorder, I don't believe in. That's just PMSing.
no bi-polar is VERY real, and very unlike PMS-ing, for starters bi-polar disorder does not cause you to stress out at every little thing and act like a bitch
a bi-polar story I will nick from Stephen Fry (another bi-polar sufferer, i believe he even wrote a book on it) went something like: "there was a man who was bi-polar and in the height of his mania he took a motorcycle to pieces, every last bit and carefully laid them all out, every single part, and labeled them individually, he spent every waking hour doing so for days, and just about when he was finished he went into the depression cycle and just kicked the lot all over the place"
now that doesn't sound like the actions of a normal person to me...
batgirl
+0|6264

heavy_chevy wrote:

Kids are not hyperactive because they have an illness. Kids are hyperactive because they are allowed to be lazy and irresponsible. They are not being held accountable for their actions and they have incredibly irresponsible parents. Go play a pickup game of ball with the other neighborhood kids or build a fucking tree fort. That will wear them out. And when they mouth off dad should be there with his belt and I can almost gurantee, in most cases atleast, their behavior will be adjusted correctly.
I feel a desperate need to respond to this particular post. I hope you're not saying all parents that have children with an ADD or ADHD disorder are "lazy and irresponsible". Sorry, but but that statement is way off-base.  I'm a stay-at-home mother with four children ranging in ages if 19, 17, 14, and 11.  As a mother and having raised three previous "normal" children I knew from the time my 11 yr old was crawling that he was going to be a challenge. I've spent what feels like my whole life raising these children and it's not fair to say that I'm lazy and irresponsible. I'm a den mother for the cub-scouts, treasurer for the boy scouts, taking my girls across the state for dance competitions,  and actively submerged myself in all schools parent-teacher committees, field trips and whatever comes up. I've even been to 311 concerts with my 19 yr old because she even needs guidance. Both my 19 and 17 yr olds have jobs. My 19 yr old I just permitted her to get her drivers license. So there is no way on Gods green Earth that I am not a good parent.
I finally took my child in because his teachers couldn't handle his behavior in the class room. He would disrupt the class in many kinds of ways liking walking by another students desk and knocking or scribbling on their papers because he was frustrated etc. So unless you have personal experience with a child that suffers from ADHD you need to take a step back and do a lil more research on the subject. An another thing, my child gets disciplined like no other, but yet continues to display inappropriate behaviors. My family can handle him but the schools and teachers are uneducated or unwilling to address his short comings even though they pull him out of class to diagnosis their cars and then they bring their cars to our repair shop to get fixed.
Next thing you're going to say is that Autism is a joke. Get real. This is not a stab at you. Just a request  that you do a lil more researching. I'll even help. Here's a link to a forum that specializes in this topic...
http://www.addforums.com/forums/
heavy_chevy
Banned
+6|6260

batgirl wrote:

heavy_chevy wrote:

Kids are not hyperactive because they have an illness. Kids are hyperactive because they are allowed to be lazy and irresponsible. They are not being held accountable for their actions and they have incredibly irresponsible parents. Go play a pickup game of ball with the other neighborhood kids or build a fucking tree fort. That will wear them out. And when they mouth off dad should be there with his belt and I can almost gurantee, in most cases atleast, their behavior will be adjusted correctly.
I feel a desperate need to respond to this particular post. I hope you're not saying all parents that have children with an ADD or ADHD disorder are "lazy and irresponsible". Sorry, but but that statement is way off-base.  I'm a stay-at-home mother with four children ranging in ages if 19, 17, 14, and 11.  As a mother and having raised three previous "normal" children I knew from the time my 11 yr old was crawling that he was going to be a challenge. I've spent what feels like my whole life raising these children and it's not fair to say that I'm lazy and irresponsible. I'm a den mother for the cub-scouts, treasurer for the boy scouts, taking my girls across the state for dance competitions,  and actively submerged myself in all schools parent-teacher committees, field trips and whatever comes up. I've even been to 311 concerts with my 19 yr old because she even needs guidance. Both my 19 and 17 yr olds have jobs. My 19 yr old I just permitted her to get her drivers license. So there is no way on Gods green Earth that I am not a good parent.
I finally took my child in because his teachers couldn't handle his behavior in the class room. He would disrupt the class in many kinds of ways liking walking by another students desk and knocking or scribbling on their papers because he was frustrated etc. So unless you have personal experience with a child that suffers from ADHD you need to take a step back and do a lil more research on the subject. An another thing, my child gets disciplined like no other, but yet continues to display inappropriate behaviors. My family can handle him but the schools and teachers are uneducated or unwilling to address his short comings even though they pull him out of class to diagnosis their cars and then they bring their cars to our repair shop to get fixed.
Next thing you're going to say is that Autism is a joke. Get real. This is not a stab at you. Just a request  that you do a lil more researching. I'll even help. Here's a link to a forum that specializes in this topic...
http://www.addforums.com/forums/
HHmmm. No. What I said is kids that are hyperactive are allowed to be lazy, meaning they need release energy that goes along with being a kid. It is far to evident, whith an overwhelming amount of evidence for you to deny that to many children are bound by their computers, video games, text messaging phones and other alternative sources of entertainment. My fiancee is a teacher in the town where I live. She teaches children with disabilities. Allow me to be more specific, she teaches children with autism so while I may not be well versed in behavioral patterns of autistic children, I would never say it is a joke. Ready aim fire, not ready fire aim...ok.

And I do have experience with a child who has been diagnosed with ADHD. My nephew (brothers son) lived with me for three years. My bro and his wife lived in Boston and my nephew really had no where to play and spent a great duration of his time inside in front of some media source. I suggested he spend some time with me during the summer because I live in the country in New Hampshire. I have 45 acres with 4 wheelers and other toys for him to play with. At first they were skeptical because he was diagnosed with ADHD and was being loaded up with "precious" meds. Well, he spent 3 weeks with me and was able to run around, go fishing, water skiing, play in the woods and I even took him to work with me every day and showed him how to run equipment ( I do landscaping). They were amazed at his behavior change and they moved in with me, living with me for 3 years until their house was built. He has ben fine ever since and has not taken one med after his pediatrition up here said it was safe to come off them because he had no such illness. Great kid, just needed some attention, a purpose and some reinforcement.

I understand that may or may not be a deviation from the norm, however, dont tell me every kid who spazzes once in a while  has a fucking illness. Let them be kids, and let us be parents. You made several references to yourself, it sounds like you took this personnaly as if it were directed towards you. It is not. It is directed at the " Go watch TV or play on the computer." ..........parents.

Last edited by heavy_chevy (2007-04-10 19:21:46)

Superglueman
+21|6390|The Great South Land
If ADHD is mainly youth that are immature and stupid, then most of the western world has ADHD...
Jet Blast
Banned
+15|6264

Superglueman wrote:

If ADHD is mainly youth that are immature and stupid, then most of the western world has ADHD...
Pretty much described high school and college.
batgirl
+0|6264

heavy_chevy wrote:

/quote]
HHmmm. No. What I said is kids that are hyperactive are allowed to be lazy, meaning they need release energy that goes along with being a kid. It is far to evident, whith an overwhelming amount of evidence for you to deny that to many children are bound by their computers, video games, text messaging phones and other alternative sources of entertainment. My fiancee is a teacher in the town where I live. She teaches children with disabilities. Allow me to be more specific, she teaches children with autism so while I may not be well versed in behavioral patterns of autistic children, I would never say it is a joke. Ready aim fire, not ready fire aim...ok.

And I do have experience with a child who has been diagnosed with ADHD. My nephew (brothers son) lived with me for three years. My bro and his wife lived in Boston and my nephew really had no where to play and spent a great duration of his time inside in front of some media source. I suggested he spend some time with me during the summer because I live in the country in New Hampshire. I have 45 acres with 4 wheelers and other toys for him to play with. At first they were skeptical because he was diagnosed with ADHD and was being loaded up with "precious" meds. Well, he spent 3 weeks with me and was able to run around, go fishing, water skiing, play in the woods and I even took him to work with me every day and showed him how to run equipment ( I do landscaping). They were amazed at his behavior change and they moved in with me, living with me for 3 years until their house was built. He has ben fine ever since and has not taken one med after his pediatrition up here said it was safe to come off them because he had no such illness. Great kid, just needed some attention, a purpose and some reinforcement.

I understand that may or may not be a deviation from the norm, however, dont tell me every kid who spazzes once in a while  has a fucking illness. Let them be kids, and let us be parents. You made several references to yourself, it sounds like you took this personnaly as if it were directed towards you. It is not. It is directed at the " Go watch TV or play on the computer." ..........parents.
I never said every kid that spazzes out has ADHD. And yes I did take it personally because of my situation. My child as well as your nephew, seems like they get more stimulation with hands-on activities. My son only takes his med for school time. During the weekends, summer, he is off the med. We too have him involved in 4-wheeling, dirt biking and he also races his stock car on Saturday nights with hopes of being a NASCAR driver when he grows up. I have a wonderful child that has a promising future ahead of him. I blame the schools and teachers. Not his doctor (In my case). I see what you're saying now. Glad you were'nt stereotyping every parent.

Bg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6802|PNW

I found a picture of the doctor:

https://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/unnamednewbie13/Thrax.png
(if you don't understand, don't bother replying)

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-11 08:15:57)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard