Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6542|Istanbul-Turkey
bacteria's dont have mitochondria. they even dont have a core. but they use atp.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6542|Istanbul-Turkey

Spark wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Just check the effects of radiation. changes in chromosome are undecided things.  they kill or they damage heavily.
Not always. Usually they do nothing.
then why nuke bombs are deadly, even after they explode? why nuke bomb effects next genereations?
let me explain: high energy carrying gamma lights can pass from inside of everything except big Pb blocks.
when they are passing inside of your body, they would affect your sperms and change its genetical code.

wiki says:
Longer term exposure to radiation, at doses less than that which produces serious radiation sickness, can induce cancer as cell-cycle genes are MUTATED.

Last edited by Ottomania (2007-04-07 05:43:49)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6345|Graz, Austria
Occam's razor will slit all your throats open, you illogical believers of obsolete fairy tales.
topal63
. . .
+533|6739

Spark wrote:

ATP? ; check
I may be mistaken, but I thought every living organism required ATP (as all organisms have mitochondria)

Ottomania wrote:

bacteria's dont have mitochondria. they even dont have a core. but they use atp.
And generally speaking mitochondria share much in common with bacteria. As they represent/indicate a distant past symbosis event in the orgin of the Eukaryotic cell type.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-04-07 09:47:15)

jimmanycricket
EBC Member
+56|6676|Cambridge, England
Considering how your IQ can is affected dramatically by DNA and like 4 Genes have been found to cause a 20 point rise in IQ  i can see very easily how 2% can occount for the acheivements of man kind. No offence to Mentally retarded people, But what have they ever acheived.

::Note::
This could have been layed out better with links and stuff but i dont have time, I may do it tommorow. If i remember...
Reciprocity
+721|6602|the dank(super) side of Oregon

righthandfork wrote:

while we travel at 4 times the speed the sound in an SR71 fighter jet
the SR71 is not a fighter jet, strictly recon.  oh, and everything you said is stupid.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6779|Argentina
Hey rightimdork read this http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=69124 .

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-04-07 16:11:14)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6426|North Carolina

righthandfork wrote:

I just watched a PBS documentary on evolution.  As proof that humans and chimpanzees descended from a common ancestor, they said we share 98% of our DNA in common.  So if you asked a Darwinian biologist, “What is the difference between a human and a chimpanzee?” he would say, “Random mutations in the DNA that have been “naturally selected” by the environment over millions of years have produced species like chimpanzees, gorillas, and humans.  The genetic blueprints are essentially the same with a variance of only 2% accounting for differences in physical traits.”  But I question whether it is reasonable to believe that the human mind can be explained by a few mutations in the DNA when it is contrasted with the rest of the animal kingdom.  The greatest accomplishment of the chimpanzee world in the last 30 million years is using a stick as a “tool” by putting it down a hole to gather termites.  That’s it, the sum of chimpanzee achievement!  But according to Darwinians, putting a stick down a hole, and flying a man 250,000 miles through outerspace to land on the moon can be explained by 2% of our DNA.  They live in trees while we built the great pyramids and 150+ story skyscrapers—because of only 2%.  They pick dead skin off each other while we do heart transplant surgeries and slice the brain electronically with CT scans—because of only 2%.  They might drop objects from the treetops on intruders, while we can level a city 50 miles wide with a hydrogen bomb—because of 2%.  They move through the forest swinging from branch to branch, while we travel at 4 times the speed the sound in an SR71 fighter jet—because of 2%.  So this is my question: Can 2% of our DNA really explain why a satellite is orbiting the earth, beaming precise pulses of waves to the DirectTV dish of some farmhouse in Ohio, and the family inside is watching The Matrix Reloaded on their High-Definition Plasma TV, while a chimpanzee is picking its nose in the jungle?  What if our biology isn’t everything that makes us human?  What if all these great accomplishments are expressions of something more godly than a modified ape?  For me, that is the more logical interpretation of the evidence.
Fair enough, but if you commit to a specific religion, you're still making the extreme leap of faith that humans can accurately describe the nature and motivations of a divine being.

God or no god, the odds of us correctly formulating an ideology concerning an omnipotent being are very low.
PureFodder
+225|6307

topal63 wrote:

Spark wrote:

ATP? ; check
I may be mistaken, but I thought every living organism required ATP (as all organisms have mitochondria)

Ottomania wrote:

And generally speaking mitochondria share much in common with bacteria. As they represent/indicate a distant past symbosis event in the orgin of the Eukaryotic cell type.
My point was that there is a bit of our DNA that is concerved with making and using ATP, yet another in the vast number of ways in which we are the same as chimps and therefore will have almost exactly the same DNA.
PureFodder
+225|6307

Ottomania wrote:

Spark wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Just check the effects of radiation. changes in chromosome are undecided things.  they kill or they damage heavily.
then why nuke bombs are deadly, even after they explode? why nuke bomb effects next genereations?
let me explain: high energy carrying gamma lights can pass from inside of everything except big Pb blocks.
when they are passing inside of your body, they would affect your sperms and change its genetical code.

wiki says:
Longer term exposure to radiation, at doses less than that which produces serious radiation sickness, can induce cancer as cell-cycle genes are MUTATED.
You are aware that as you read this you are taking radiation damage from the sun, elements in the ground smoke detectors in your house, inhaling mutagenic free radicals from pollution etc. The VAST majority of mutations are either utterly benign, a small amount are a hinderance, but every so often one comes along and changes things for the better.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6542|Istanbul-Turkey

PureFodder wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

Spark wrote:

wiki says:
... but every so often one comes along and changes things for the better.
thats what I dont believe.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6787|Cambridge (UK)
Objective reality. Subjective reality. Concensus reality. 3 realities. All real. All different.
PureFodder
+225|6307

Ottomania wrote:

PureFodder wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

wiki says:
... but every so often one comes along and changes things for the better.
thats what I dont believe.
Why? If you accept that 2% change can get you from human to chimp, why can't a small change make your bone structure slightly stronger, make you slightly less susceptable to a particular disease etc. Surely if you can make things worse by changing things then eventually you can also make things better by random chance.
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6542|Istanbul-Turkey
according to creationism, that %2 arranged by god. if you dont accept gods pwer on universe, every difference would be unconscious. thats way differences made things worser.
theelviscerator
+19|6310
Nor can they explain why the harmonic frequencies of hydrogen and helium are set precisely at the values that allow thermonuclear reactions to occur.

Change these values out abit and the sun goes out like a candle in a hurricane.

All stars. I suppose life would evolve in universe near absolute zero a little slower then?
topal63
. . .
+533|6739

theelviscerator wrote:

Nor can they explain why the harmonic frequencies of hydrogen and helium are set precisely at the values that allow thermonuclear reactions to occur.

Change these values out abit and the sun goes out like a candle in a hurricane.

All stars. I suppose life would evolve in universe near absolute zero a little slower then?
Meaningless statement... there is no-such thing as "tuned" values in nature.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard