Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6820
the human race is in serious need to colonize other planets.

a extinction-causing asteroid impact is inevitable.

as time goes on, the earth's molten core will cool and solidify, killing the magnetic field which guards us against solar radiation.

even if neither doomsday scenario happens, there will eventually be so many humans that this planet can't hold us all.

i consider it a serious dereliction of duty on the part of all governments to not be pursuing extraplanetary colonization actively.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6771|AUS, Canberra

Krappyappy wrote:

as time goes on, the earth's molten core will cool and solidify, killing the magnetic field which guards us against solar radiation.

even if neither doomsday scenario happens, there will eventually be so many humans that this planet can't hold us all.

i consider it a serious dereliction of duty on the part of all governments to not be pursuing extraplanetary colonization actively.
how about you freak out a bit more!!!
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6820
i can do that.

we have been leaking radio signals into space for the past century. aliens will hear us and come to earth to eat us. they'll probably farm us like chickens and marinade us in alien teriyaki sauce for three hours before putting us on the george foreman grill.

the gulf stream ocean current is slowing and will eventually stop if the polar ice caps continue to melt. the lack of warm tropical water in the colder parts of the earth will bring a new ice age, reducing the amount of farmland globally and causing a huge famine in which billions will die.

salmon has too much mercury in it.

how's that for freaking out?

Last edited by Krappyappy (2005-12-07 00:30:39)

j5f5ff
+11|6750

Krappyappy wrote:

you've been watching the discovery channel havn't you.   
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6820
national geographic, actually, but close enough
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6747|The United Center
i love salmon.

and i love the discovery channel.

just imagine...salmon in alien teriyaki sauce while watching the discovery channel...
Metaltop
+1|6763|The Netherlands
Why are we searching for alien (intelligent) live anyway?
If they are more intelligent then us, they will find us.
If they aren't I don't want anything to do with them.

Case closed,, now send those millions of dollars used on space programms to me.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6786|Perth, Western Australia
Hhhhmmmm, i think satay is better.

and heart_attack, shame shame shame, for I am unable to locate a Manchester United gal in your soccer sig.

Please correct me if im wrong
TheDrNailsGuy
+5|6717
LOL, I don't think we have much to worry about as far as over population, that's why i'm waiting for this so called "bird flu".  Bring it on, survival of the fittest if you ask me!
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6820
wel usually disease and hunger make sure that overpopulation isn't a problem.

but humans have this pesky thing called technology, and they keep defeating disease and producing more food.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6848|"Frisco"

Krappyappy wrote:

Yeah, that's possible, but very unlikely.

Krappyappy wrote:

Even less likely, probably not anytime during your families future-history.

Krappyappy wrote:

we have been leaking radio signals into space for the past century. aliens will hear us and come to earth to eat us. they'll probably farm us like chickens and marinade us in alien teriyaki sauce for three hours before putting us on the george foreman grill.
Any alien smart enough to travel through space and advanced enough to travel far enough to reach us isn't going to stop here. When was the last time you visited a primitive ant farm for the sake of eating ants?

I'm not arrogant enough to say we're the only intelligent life out there, but a species capable of interstellar space travel would be smart enough to steer the fuck clear of us.

Krappyappy wrote:

the gulf stream ocean current is slowing and will eventually stop if the polar ice caps continue to melt. the lack of warm tropical water in the colder parts of the earth will bring a new ice age, reducing the amount of farmland globally and causing a huge famine in which billions will die.
This, actually, is the most sane of any of your paranoia. Our ecology and environment are, in fact, quite in danger. The slow in currents is connected to our rediculously high CO2 emissions which are tearing up the atmosphere and causing the globe to warm at a rate not seen since the last Ice Ages. (And if that's not clear to you what it means, it's really bad.)

The most unfortuneate part is that we continute to dump these toxins into the air, as they are a corner stone of every industrialized nation -- without which we would flounder. Regardless, even if we stopped ALL emissions RIGHT THIS SECOND, the residule damage will still be so bad that the temperature rise would cause enough ice to melt and enough currents to change that we'd lose many small islands and coastal towns, and obliterate inland areas due to increased weather conditions. (Seen the record breaking hurricane season the U.S. just had? That's not going to be a solo performance -- expect reruns in the years to come.)

THAT is something to be paranoid about.

Don't even get me started about the ways in which countries seek to emulate the U.S. and how that effect of capitalism and affluence are going to cause just as many problems.
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6820
keep in mind a basic premise to all this ranting is that i'm talking about the future with no restrictions on time. my goal is to ensure that the human race NEVER goes extinct. under that premise, even events millions of years into the future must be considered.

chuyskywalker wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Yeah, that's possible, but very unlikely.
no, it's not only probable but inevitable. an asteroid large enough to cause global extinction hits us once every 100,000 years. smaller ones capable of creating local disaster are much more frequent.

http://starchild.gsfc.nasa.gov/docs/Sta … ion11.html

chuyskywalker wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Even less likely, probably not anytime during your families future-history.
again, not only likely but inevitable, barring some as yet unexplained force in the earth's core. just look at the moon or mars for examples of planetary bodies which have completely cooled and have no geological activity. the laws of thermodynamics dictate that unless there is a mechanism for infusing energy into ths system, heat will escape until thermal equilibrium is reached. the only debate in the geological community is how long this will take.

http://nov55.com/heat.html

some geologists believe that the process of earth's cooling will take longer than the lifespan of the sun. the sun will run out of fuel, expand into dwarf phase and engulf the earth before going supernova. that is also inevitable. whichever happens first, we're dead if we don't leave.

chuyskywalker wrote:

Krappyappy wrote:

Any alien smart enough to travel through space and advanced enough to travel far enough to reach us isn't going to stop here. When was the last time you visited a primitive ant farm for the sake of eating ants?

I'm not arrogant enough to say we're the only intelligent life out there, but a species capable of interstellar space travel would be smart enough to steer the fuck clear of us.
a common practice of 'astro-biology' is to assume that the same rules of evolution apply elsewhere in the universe as they do here. in other words, we can expect any alien life to be as callous, ruthless, and completely amoral in their dealings with us as we are to cows and chickens. they will steer clear of earth only if they don't stand to gain anything from it. but if they find some reason to want to come here, there is probably very little we could do to stop them. let's face it: humans don't think twice about killing and taking advantage of each other, and we're all the same species. why would an alien bat an eyelash at squashing a puny race of hairless apes?

as for your point about ants, i think we all kicked over anthills for fun as children. from the point of view of the ants, it doesn't matter if it was an adult or child, intentionally malicious or in good fun, their home still got wrecked. are you willing to risk having earth destroyed because some alien in a ship thought he needed the diversion?

i think we should keep a low profile and get off this rock as quickly as possible, before someone finds us. then colonize as many planets as we can so that we can't be wiped out all at once.

Last edited by Krappyappy (2005-12-07 01:36:11)

Echo
WOoKie
+383|6720|The Netherlands
Dude it costs about 3000 euro's to get a bag of chips of 200 grams into space if i m not mistaken, how the hell are u gonna get 6 billion ppl into space, then where do u wanna go and who s gonna pay for it btw?

Thats next to the fact it ll take years of spacetravel to even get as far as mars where water is present.

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-07 04:03:57)

Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6783|The Hague, Holland
About the world being over-populated. I guess there are only 2 solutions for that, 1. Stop birth now. 2. Kill some people.
And I agree about the polution thing, we are really destroying this world fast =/.
-=Meshekal=-
+2|6742|United Kingdom

General-Echo wrote:

Dude it costs about 3000 euro's to get a bag of chips of 200 grams into space if i m not mistaken, how the hell are u gonna get 6 billion ppl into space, then where do u wanna go and who s gonna pay for it btw?

Thats next to the fact it ll take years of spacetravel to even get as far as mars where water is present.
Our economical tendancies will be the death of us.
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6838
Before most of all that stuff happens the earth will stop rotating due to the gravitational pull of the moon.  That will pretty much kill off everything on the planet that can't adapt.

Or Yellowstone National Park will erupt and pretty much do all of us in.  Snowball earth anyone?

I pray for an ELE, if nothing else just to thin out the assholes.
BudRell
+2|6838|Home
...lol...
CreepingDeath
+1|6745
Not in our life time . . Next post pleaseee . .
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders

Krappyappy wrote:

I am somewhat unsettled by your desire to infect other worlds with the obnoxious disease known as the human species.
Echo
WOoKie
i couldnt agree more, we are a plague on this planet, using up and poluting all natural resources, its better not to ruin the rest of the universe too.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6764|d
General-Echo maybe u should do yourself a favor and go kill yourself. one less monkey for me to kill.
servival for the best killer. let the killing begin.
Echo
WOoKie

mafia996630 wrote:

General-Echo maybe u should do yourself a favor and go kill yourself. one less monkey for me to kill.
servival for the best killer. let the killing begin.
lol i was only joking keep your shirt on matey

Last edited by General-Echo (2005-12-07 08:00:17)

Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
For all of you interested in leaving this rock on the first ticket available,

Space Adventures
4350 N. Fairfax Dr.
Suite 840
Arlington, VA 22203
USA

www.spaceadventures.com

Mig-25 (Skirting the atomosphere) - $21,000

Spaceflight - $120,000 - $200,000

Orbital - $20,000,000

Seek
Chris Faranetta
VP of Orbital Space Flight Program
Echo
WOoKie
okay so thats 20.000.000 dollars to get off the rock and into space, next problems would be where would u go and how?
Rosse_modest
+76|6777|Antwerp, Flanders
Why, Uranus of course - out the airlock!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard