Yes, i support it and im no stoner28%28% - 52
No, its bad for ya.44%44% - 81
No, but i still smoke it.3%3% - 6
Total: 183
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Naughty_Om wrote:

Ok wait. Lets consider this. COMPARED to the LEGAL DRUGS...

Would you support the legalization of marijuana? It is proven that its negative aspects are considerably less than the current legel drugs.
Yes.

Although the potential risks to mental health should be made very clear.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

Ok wait. Lets consider this. COMPARED to the LEGAL DRUGS...

Would you support the legalization of marijuana? It is proven that its negative aspects are considerably less than the current legel drugs.
Yes.

Although the potential risks to mental health should be made very clear.
O i totally Agree. im not saying that weed is flat out good for you. Im just saying in all fairness to drugs, its not super bad.
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6679|In You Endo- Stoke

Bertster7 wrote:

Mmmmm. Pot.
OOhhh yeah....

Gotta have some sweet mary jane!
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6740|Norcal, usa

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Alcohol is good for you in small doses.  If you have something like a beer a week, it actually prevents heart attacks.  Weed has no benefit at all.  If you think it does your obviously high.  Just never try it, unless your on your death-bed.  If you don't know what your missing, you won't care to.
not beer, all beer is is alcohol (which is never good for you) and carbs.
you're thinking of wine, which has antioxidants which help prevent heart attack.
but just drink grape juice.
Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK

Naughty_Om wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

No, it's bad for you.
Like most things, in modest doses, it has positive effects. The negative effects are much less compared to Alcohol and Tobacco.
Alcohol and tobacco don't make you insane. Pot does.
Riddick51PB
+21|6508|Lincoln.ne.us
there are several bad things about marijuana:
1. it is the pathway to other drugs, whatever that drug may be, including meth, heroin, cocaine, etc....
2. marijuana is a carcinogen: meaning, it causes cancer
3. marijuana makes you a slow thinker.  do you want the mind of a steel trap at age 50?  stay away from pot
4.  athletic performance diminished -- slow reaction times again
Christbane
+51|6235
My opinion on pot...   I have smoked it for close to 20 years on a regualr basis.  I dont drink and i dont smoke cigs, weed is the only vice I  have other then video games!  so since I have been smoking for 20 years most would assume im a lazy no good hippie.   on the contrary, I own my own autobody shop and work 60 plus hours a week.   

I do not think people should use it if they can avoid it. but if someone chooses too, and the are useful in life, they should be allowed to do so.  Like alcohol it should be a choice ADULTS can make.  it is harmful without a doubt,  but not near as harmfull as alcohol or the other illegal drugs.   

I appologize for my poor grammar, puncuation, and spelling.   I blame that on th weed!
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6470
Weed, if vaporized has 0 negative affects to the body.  It does NOT kill brain cells, or cause any mental health problems.  If u smoke it, its much less likely to give u cancer than cigs.  Cigs are also ridiculously addictive and weed has 0 addictive properties (of course people form habits though).  Weed should be legal and cigs should be outlawed.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA

Skorpy-chan wrote:

Naughty_Om wrote:

Skorpy-chan wrote:

No, it's bad for you.
Like most things, in modest doses, it has positive effects. The negative effects are much less compared to Alcohol and Tobacco.
Alcohol and tobacco don't make you insane. Pot does.
No, Pot laced with LSD makes you insane. Pot merely alters your concience...like most medications....and drugs.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA

norge wrote:

Weed, if vaporized has 0 negative affects to the body.  It does NOT kill brain cells, or cause any mental health problems.  If u smoke it, its much less likely to give u cancer than cigs.  Cigs are also ridiculously addictive and weed has 0 addictive properties (of course people form habits though).  Weed should be legal and cigs should be outlawed.
Right on.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6470

Riddick51PB wrote:

1. it is the pathway to other drugs, whatever that drug may be, including meth, heroin, cocaine, etc....   It isnt addicive.
2. marijuana is a carcinogen: meaning, it causes cancer  Not nearly as much as Cigs
3. marijuana makes you a slow thinker.  do you want the mind of a steel trap at age 50?  stay away from pot  Not even true.  It does not make ur brain any less effective if smoked after the age of 18.
4.  athletic performance diminished -- slow reaction times again   Well duh, thats why ur not supposed to drink before sports either...
{uscm}Jyden
You likey leaky?
+433|6679|In You Endo- Stoke

Riddick51PB wrote:

1. it is the pathway to other drugs, whatever that drug may be, including meth, heroin, cocaine, etc....
3. marijuana makes you a slow thinker.  do you want the mind of a steel trap at age 50?  stay away from pot
Oh noes ring the care police!

1-possibly but it depends on the person really.

2-This is something that comes with it.

3-I can't say that it does,i think at the same speed and alot times work alot my effieciently(sp) when i have had some.

4-I have normal reaction times when playing bf2,to that of a normal person.Sometimes even faster.

I think people need to realise that pot is as bad as alcohol,hell drink is worse.
Everyone has there poison,some people drink some smoke some workout it just what they like doing.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
I think they should keep drug education at the same level, and legalize every drug known to man.

Less government money spent on regulation, population control, and cleaning out the scum of the gene pool all in one fell swoop.
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA

norge wrote:

Riddick51PB wrote:

1. it is the pathway to other drugs, whatever that drug may be, including meth, heroin, cocaine, etc....   It isnt addicive.
2. marijuana is a carcinogen: meaning, it causes cancer  Not nearly as much as Cigs
3. marijuana makes you a slow thinker.  do you want the mind of a steel trap at age 50?  stay away from pot  Not even true.  It does not make ur brain any less effective if smoked after the age of 18.
4.  athletic performance diminished -- slow reaction times again   Well duh, thats why ur not supposed to drink before sports either...
All we are trying to say is that, COMPARED to the other LEGAL drugs, pot is no worse than either Alcohol and Cigs. So purely basing your argument on the fact that Marijuana has SOME negative effects is NOT valid.
Sondernkommando
+22|6716
Example 1:  when I entered High School, a significant cohort of my class starting experimenting with alcohol, cigarettes and pot.  To a man, those who smoked pot regularly were dead-enders:  dropping out, marginally employed, or petty criminals (usually selling pot, ironically).  Alcohol and cigarettes?  No predictive ability whatsoever.

Thus, pot use is either:

1.  A direct contributor to poor outcomes in life.

2.  A reliable marker of someone who will turn out poorly.

As much as I would like to wipe it out completely, the prospects of that are zero.  Therefore, decriminalize it, allow use ONLY in your own home, and have enormous penalties for dealing or being intoxicated in public.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6470

Naughty_Om wrote:

norge wrote:

Riddick51PB wrote:

All we are trying to say is that, COMPARED to the other LEGAL drugs, pot is no worse than either Alcohol and Cigs. So purely basing your argument on the fact that Marijuana has SOME negative effects is NOT valid.
Exactly, the only reason it is illegal is because they wanted to jail mexicans and blacks because they thought they were the only ppl that smoked weed so yeah.   Theres no logical reason for it to be illegal
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

jermyang wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

Alcohol is good for you in small doses.  If you have something like a beer a week, it actually prevents heart attacks.  Weed has no benefit at all.  If you think it does your obviously high.  Just never try it, unless your on your death-bed.  If you don't know what your missing, you won't care to.
you're thinking of wine, which has antioxidants which help prevent heart attack.
That's not true.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/1494043.stm

norge wrote:

That's not true either. The mental health issues surrounding cannabis use are associated with THC. If it gets you stoned then it can affect your mental health - if you are already prone to having mental health issues. It does not cause the problems, but it does aggravate them.

Weed is also psychologically addictive. That is not the same as not being addictive.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Smoking Pot is les harmful to your health than cigarettes. I'm not saying I'm FOR the legalisation of Marijuana, I just wouldn't be against it if the issue came up.
Of course large usage of marijuana fucks your short-term memory, but remember, large usage of marijuana fucks your short term memory.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6746

I'm from BC and I know about the pot culture here, but I've never done it and never will. Evidently I am against it, but I would put this in perspective: if you are in HS or whatever, you really ought to have better things to do then smoke pot.

You are not mature/responsible enough to take care of yourself or make wise decisions at that age. I've been there and I know that some of us get through all right and some of us get totally derailed and piss away our lives. I've been on both sides of that equation but I would say I don't have as much problem if your say >25 and choose to use pot. I know some kids get into drugs in HS and clean up their lives once they get out, but I know an awful lot who don't.

If you are under 25 and you don't have your head on straight I'd say the risks of pot being a gateway drug and bringing you into worse society is too great for one high. Besides life isn't about getting high's - a quick look at that attitude will not end in anything good. The main problem with pot isn't that it's totally going to fuck you up like meth or cocaine will, it is that it brings you into a group of people who are only going to take you lower and lower in life. Sooner or later pot will not be enough and someone will bring something else, or offer you something else. Once you get into that kind of company and you start viewing them as your "friends" combined with being drunk and or high, you really are going to have a hard time saying no to something more hardcore. That is when you start to get into real shit.

Ultimately we are all responsible for our own choices whether we want to wiggle out of it or not; would you want to risk your future so you can get high when your 16 years old in some dumpy ass high-school? Life is way bigger and better then cheap tricks like that. Once you graduate you will realize that a) you loose contact with 99% of the people and b) school doesn't matter for shit in real life.

Try to maintain perspective on that while going through HS. Life may have it's ups and downs, but try to keep them natural and you will grow up wiser because of it. Getting drunk with friends and having a party isn't all that bad, but it can quickly snow-ball into something worse, especially if you keep bad company. From drugs to violence to unprotected sex with people you wouldn't dream of being with in the morning. Where should the line be drawn?

Should pot be legal or illegal? I don't particularly care as everyone who wants it will get it anyway. I think the real issue is addressing whether or not people should even use it, especially the younger generation as they are obviously the first to get into shit like this, and some pay the consequences for that for a long time. Anyways I gota take care of my food.

I'm making pot brownies.

jk.
Christbane
+51|6235

Riddick51PB wrote:

the whole pathway to other drugs statement makes me laugh the most...   I quit all the other drugs i did to smoke weed. including alcohol and cigs.

I cant argue the cancer part, but hey what doesn't give me cancer anymore??? 

after 20 years of smoking I dint feel my mind has slowed at all, it's possible that it has. but it seems to work good enough for me to be successful in life

I'm sure it probably slows athletic time, but if you are an athlete why are you smoking anything? the only time it slows me down is when Iwant it to, at the end of my day when I want to relax 

I do not think everyone should smoke it! and I tell people they should avoid it.    but I choose to do it and feel I should be able to legally
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6710|Sweden
Well if it would be legal i sure as hell know i don´t want any pot smokers at my work if i had my own business, it would have to be similar to alcohol wish is forbidden at any works if your influent by it that is.

( well in some countries it´s ok to be stoned at work but i´m not really buying that concept )
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA

Bertster7 wrote:

jermyang wrote:

NemeSiS-Factor wrote:

That's not true.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/talking_point/1494043.stm

norge wrote:

That's not true either. The mental health issues surrounding cannabis use are associated with THC. If it gets you stoned then it can affect your mental health - if you are already prone to having mental health issues. It does not cause the problems, but it does aggravate them.

Weed is also psychologically addictive. That is not the same as not being addictive.
Right. LIKE EVERYTHING IN THE WORLD. Too much is dangerous. Modest poses some risk but not enough to be illegal. A modest dose of the wrong alcohol and leave you with permanent liver damage. A modest dose of cigarettes can leave you with an addictive habit. It all depends on the person.

Furthermore. If made legal, not only would the price of Marijuana drop dramatically and fuck over LOTS of drug lords who fund other illegal drugs, but the Govt. could tax the fuck out of it like Cigarettes.
SPANKY_HAMSTER
+9|6572|B.C CANADA
ya im a fuckin pothead and ya!!
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6633|USA
Also, I have never smoked pot. I know alot about pot. Some of my family members smoke. I Have been around people who smoke. I know its affects....I dont plan on EVER smoking pot. I just feel that its illegality is completely unfounded and that by making it legal, the revenue for both the Govt. and private citizens outweighs the COMMON side effects of legal drug sale.
The Stillhouse Kid
Licensed Televulcanologist
+126|6642|Deep In The South Of Texas
I think whatever you want to do to better or worsen your life, have at it, but take personal personal responsibility for your choice. Legalize, regulate and tax all current controlled substances(pot, coke, etc.), but put heavy criminal penalties for anyone committing a crime while impaired by any substance.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard