kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
MORONS GET OUT

I have no idea what to do with my life currently. I'm 15 and the issue becomes bigger and bigger everyday. Don't give me any of the normal responses like "you're only 15" or "get a paper round". I'm talking 30 years down the line how did I earn (and am still earning) my money.

Are any of you in the same situation?
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6379|New York
My best advice would be to pick something, whether it be college/uni, or working at a job in something you like, and let it take you where it may. Restated: you will pick something to do to keep yourself occupied, and I can bet you that other things will come up, unforeseen. This a vague answer, i know, but this is what i've found to be the case.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

Life is here to enjoy.  Instead of worrying about the future, focus on the present.  Live each day out to the fullest.  Enjoy your life.  Find joy in living every day.

Sounds really cheesy, but it is the truth.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
My worry is that I am focusing on the present at the minute. But I feel that I need to plan ahead, so that I don't end up like a normal person with a normal job and a normal life and a normal family etc etc..

@heggs/ yeah, my work experience is coming up soon and honestly i'm not sure what to do yet. law looks interesting but.. well, it's law ;P
kiteboarderni
+62|6671
kyle im in exactly thte sam situation, GCSE coming up, a levels chosen, and carrer path that i know of!
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6767|UK
Thought about a public service job? i.e, Police, Fire Service, Nurse etc for job stability.

For real money you could look at starting your own business. There's always money in dirt these days people would rather pay you to do their crappy jobs than do them themselves and will pay reasonably!

Alternatively do an apprenticeship in plumbing or electrician as lots of people are going to uni these days etc and not taking these manual labour jobs where there's some cash to be made because people will always be needed in these sectors.

Whatever you do get a job you enjoy. All this "My job sucks but I work for the weekend!!" stuff is bullshit. You're gonna spend like 60% of your time at work you better make sure you fucking enjoy it!
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6319

Reads first line....Leaves. "Damn."
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6729|The Hague, Netherlands

leetkyle wrote:

MORONS GET OUT

I have no idea what to do with my life currently. I'm 15 and the issue becomes bigger and bigger everyday. Don't give me any of the normal responses like "you're only 15" or "get a paper round". I'm talking 30 years down the line how did I earn (and am still earning) my money.

Are any of you in the same situation?
finish school
get good college place
find the girl of your dreams
have kids if you like kids
if not travel the world, fun time with your girl
get a good job, earn some money
buy stuff you like and die with a happy face when you're 100+ (if you're mobile then)

now that is utopia, but it's possible ! anything is !
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
Naughty_Om
Im Ron Burgundy?
+355|6624|USA
in the words of common

"Never looking at the past, or too far infront of me. The present is a gift, and i just wanna be"
trex1210
I am Canadian
+72|6249|B.C. Canada
Well I am 19 and What i Suggest you do is get a trade (plumber, electrician, carpenter,etc....). With a trade you can get a job basically anywhere in the world and make lots of money. Also another good thing is that you don't sit in an office all day long.

Right now I have an apprenticeship for at a plumbing company and I love it.
That's what I suggest you do.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland
Thanks for the replies. I'd karma you all but I have none.

So far I'm currently looking into starting my own business (that's what my brother did) or go into a career in computers. (science perhaps?)
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6683|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
Most people who go to college after high school don't have an idea of what their major is going to be.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6618|UK

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Life is here to enjoy.  Instead of worrying about the future, focus on the present.  Live each day out to the fullest.  Enjoy your life.  Find joy in living every day.

Sounds like some sort of proverb
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6292
In order to make more money, You have to work your way to the top.

Just like everyone else.

Try to find a job that you like doing.

Do not do something that you do not like doing or you will be miserable.

Last edited by Bull3t (2007-04-04 14:34:47)

kylef
Gone
+1,352|6484|N. Ireland

Bull3t wrote:

In order to make more money, You have to work your way to the top.

Just like everyone else.
Cpt. Obvious has entered! ...
Skorpy-chan
+127|6336|Twyford, UK
I'm in the same position. Or rather, I was until last september. I'm 21, unemployed, no degree, and no idea.

However, I took an IT course, took up karate, and was employed briefly. I'm still going nowhere, but I know that as soon as I get an opening doing SOMETHING, I can get direction.

My advice to you is figure out what you wanna do with your life, figure out how to get there, and then have fun along the way. No point in living if you don't enjoy it.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6313|Orrstrayleea
Yeh, im only 15 aswell and.....well im happy just to get an aprenticeship as a builder or engineer/fabricator, work for my dad or his mate, there will always be work for me there. Dont complicate things for yourself by worrying, lifes to short to worry about the future to much, keep it simple but make sure its something you enjoy!
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6730|Norcal, usa

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

this is truer than true.
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6711|California

I gave up my hopes and ambitions for college after I pretty much failed my Sophomore year of High School.

My advice to you is to follow one of your childhood fantasies. I know for me, I wanted to be a Marine, and a firefighter. I am currently working at both. The main problem with goals is dedication. Take something you love to do and make a profession out of it.
_raab
+28|6224|Western Aust.
I was in a similar situation at your age. Was in year 10 and we had to choose subjects for next year. I decided to stay in school and graduate, chose general subjects. For the next 2 years i didn't try much, still passed all subjects, barely. I graduated, applied for university, and now im in uni studying mining. But I see in the paper they are accepting jobs for all sorts of things, no uni required, like big oil and gas companies offering jobs to school leavers. Anything can happen, be open minded, don't worry about it too much. But studies are very important and can get you very far, you just need dedication I guess.

Wish you the best.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6766
I'm 16, finishing my Junior year in high school, apply for college soon and I haven't thought about it as much as you are saying. Relaaaax bro.
Dan Havok
+14|6419
yeah, at 15 you don't have to worry about that.  i've already changed majors in college and i'm sure many others on here who went to school changed their majors too.  just relax and have fun for now, you've got another 6 years or so before you really need to know what you're doing.
kajukenbo_kid
+36|6406|...
As stated by Aerosmith.  Life's a journy, not a destination.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707
I R have jobs as a model and actors lawl.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6443
Dude......I don't care what you want to hear, but these are the facts.  You ARE 15......right now, your singular goal should be finishing highschool and not doing piss fucking poorly.  That way, you can go to college.  Now, this is a time for you to think.......do you want to go right into college?  Or do you need some time away from school.....have some jobs.....get some experience?  What college should you choose?  My personal advice?  Don't dick around......just go right to college.  The sooner you start, the sooner you're done.  BUT.....have an idea of what you are majoring in and WHY (ie, what you plan to do with that degree once you are done).  Then, once you graduate college......you'll probably have more of an idea what you'll be doing with your life.

I am 24.....coming up on 25.......and I'm really just beginning my "life" and I've got an earlier start than most.  I just got married, and I'm in my 3rd year of dental school so I have yet to actually start a career.  But on the bright side, I'll be a licensed doctor at the age of 25.....not many people can say that.  And if it makes you feel better......I didn't have a fucking clue at age 15 that I'd be a dentist in 10 years.  Don't worry....you've got time.  Now is not the time to start worrying about having a hopeless future.  Enjoy the relatively few responsibilities that come with being a teenager while you can.  Those days will be gone soon enough....no need to rush them.

KiL

Last edited by FeedUsYourFetus (2007-04-04 22:50:55)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard