Kissmybumper
+2|6539
Well i signed up for the veteran program when it was available but i didn't get 2142 until this week. Problem is that now i'm not in the veteran program. Did you have to get 2142 and play in a certain time period to get it?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6744

The only difference from Veteran program is that you get a free rank (40 points) and an unlock, and a red 2 infront off your name, no big deal.
GeoEnvi
+22|6694|Philadelphia, PA
What about that "special taunt'?  I've read and heard about it but never witnessed or used it...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
You kill an enemy
You hit the "spotted" key towards your dead enemy
He gets a spooky laugh!
Buzerk1
+44|6843

leetkyle wrote:

You kill an enemy
You hit the "spotted" key towards your dead enemy
He gets a spooky laugh!
And it's for BF2
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6716

Bernadictus wrote:

The only difference from Veteran program is that you get a free rank (40 points) and an unlock, and a red 2 infront off your name, no big deal.
It also reservered your player name so that no one else could use it. 

If you did not use your vetran name before the program ended then it went back to being avalible for everyone to register (I could be wrong ).
You only get the vet status on the player nick that you signed up with so if you forgot it your out of luck.
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

Kissmybumper wrote:

Well i signed up for the veteran program when it was available but i didn't get 2142 until this week. Problem is that now i'm not in the veteran program. Did you have to get 2142 and play in a certain time period to get it?
Are you sure that you used the same account when you registered for the veteran program and when you logged in in 2142 ?
Many people made the mistake of login in with their reserved soldier name instead of EA login which lead them to create a new account, thus loosing the veteran status.

EDIT

cheshiremoe wrote:

You only get the vet status on the player nick that you signed up with so if you forgot it your out of luck.
Thats not true. When you registered for the veteran status your EA account became a "veteran", and if you wanted too you could have reserved a name for yourself.
Later upon login in with your registered EA account for the first time you already had one soldier created, the one you reserved. But you can also create new soldiers if you want, and they will all have veteran status (as long as you create them within the veteran EA account).

I hope you understand me because it is kind of confusing.

Last edited by zeidmaan (2007-04-04 11:49:34)

cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6716

zeidmaan wrote:

...  Thats not true. When you registered for the veteran status your EA account became a "veteran", and if you wanted too you could have reserved a name for yourself.
Later upon login in with your registered EA account for the first time you already had one soldier created, the one you reserved. But you can also create new soldiers if you want, and they will all have veteran status (as long as you create them within the veteran EA account).

I hope you understand me because it is kind of confusing.
The Red Two shows on both my nicks, but I did not get the unlock and promotion on the second nick.
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6626
I say you shouldn't you shouldn't use the veteran program, you only get 40 points and that little red 2 is stupid looking.
(cob)mikko
+21|6451|finland

Hacial wrote:

I say you shouldn't you shouldn't use the veteran program, you only get 40 points and that little red 2 is stupid looking.
Grow up
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6754|The United Center

(cob)mikko wrote:

Hacial wrote:

Grow up
...?
OmniDeath
~
+726|6651

wasnt there a time limit of some kind? maybe it was for something else, i cant remember.

and hey, i like my 2.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6478
I just bought 2142 today also and had the same thoughts on the Veterans Program.

The EA webpage for it still exists (just Google it for your language / local website or whatnot), and it's easy as hell to get your 'reward'. Put in your 2142 EA Account name, your BF2 player name+password, and any old name that you may use on your new account. Every single soldier profile you create will be a 'veteran', but EA insist on you creating a new soldier for some reason.

Worked instantly. Got my pimp BF2 symbol .
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6626

ThomasMorgan wrote:

(cob)mikko wrote:

Hacial wrote:

Grow up
...?
He's pissed off because people at here aren't so stupid as his narrow minded friends who thinks swedes are gay. Pretty immature. http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=1342728

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard