Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839
Marriage seems to me like a Religious thing the government should not be involved in.
If thier Religion allows them to be married there's an end to it, let them get married.
The only objection I can see is possibilities for fraud on medical benefits coverage ETC.

Oh ya and like Abortion. Just don't make me pay for it.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6788

gay and wana get married? move to canada! well let you marry a dog if you want to...

heh heh marry a bitch
TriggerHappy998
just nothing
+387|6849|-

Horseman 77 wrote:

The only objection I can see is possibilities for fraud on medical benefits coverage ETC.
Did you get that from Drawn Together...?

Anyway, gay marriage doesn't effect me in any way, so I don't see why it should be banned or even illegal.
pfcilng
+0|6768|Northern Illinois University
What countries currently have legalized same sex marriage?  I would do the search for it on google, but afraid of my sites may pop up instead.

If they wanna get married, let them, especially for the benefits.
fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6757

Ever hear of separation of church and state? The groups that have the issues with abortion/gay marriage/etc are all religious groups...why should they push their feelings on others?
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6839

fikraag7 wrote:

Ever hear of separation of church and state? The groups that have the issues with abortion/gay marriage/etc are all religious groups...why should they push their feelings on others?
kinda my point, plus more gay men means more babes 4 cool guys
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Do we have to talk about this topic here?
Dosn't effect me at all. I'm open minded, so let the dick-licking poo-pushers get married if they want to.

Ugh, even I thought that was in bad taste.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
FeloniousMonk
+0|6737

Horseman 77 wrote:

Marriage seems to me like a Religious thing
It's not a religious thing, it's a commitment between two people. If they decide to let the government or their diety into the mix, it's their decision but no religion in the world invented the concept of marriage. It's been around a lot longer than any religion still around today and that's why narrow minded bible thumpers have zero foot to stand on.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6737

fikraag7 wrote:

Ever hear of separation of church and state?
Are you sure you have? Do you know what it means? Do you understand the origin? Do you realize that nowhere in the Constitution or the Declaration of Indepandance does that phrase appear? Do you know that it was referenced to mean that the church is protected from influence by the government? If you're going to spout off a phrase, at least use it in the right context.
nzjafa
+2|6767

Tyferra wrote:

Dosn't effect me at all. I'm open minded, so let the dick-licking poo-pushers get married if they want to.

hahaha. you never get old.

i think that its a lifestyle choice made by two individuals, and that the opinions of other people shouldn't cross into that. i wouldn't kiss a guy if you paid me 500 dollars, but i got nothing against gay people. i got lots of gay friends, two of which are in a union. i figure if they want to get married, then who's to say they can't? it isn't their life, so it shouldn't be their choice.

for the guy who asked before, its been legalised in NZ but theres been a lot of debate over it, especially from destiny church. is there a destiny church anywhere else? or are we the only ones unlucky enough?
CreepingDeath
+1|6746

Tyferra wrote:

Hey most of us men love the female pussy munchers together in bed. Its okay for females to make out but not two men thats gross most think. I could careless if gays get married.I just dont want to see flamers and people that push it on others that aren't.

I think ever man have gay intentions though. . Have you ever did your woman or any woman from behind?
Rosse_modest
+76|6778|Antwerp, Flanders

Horseman 77 wrote:

Marriage seems to me like a Religious thing the government should not be involved in.
If thier Religion allows them to be married there's an end to it, let them get married.

Oh ya and like Abortion. Just don't make me pay for it.
The concept of commiting to another person for the rest of your life and lovingly caring for him/her seems religious to you?

Also, same sex marriage is allowed in Belgium.
=Robin-Hood=
A stranger in the dark
+213|6822|Belgium

Rosse_modest wrote:

Also, same sex marriage is allowed in Belgium.
Moreover our government is about to pass an adoption for gay/lesbian couples. We or finally doing something before the rest of the world (inclusive the low income continents) decided it is trivial.

I am pro gay couples and bisexual woman... But lesbian couples; hey that is unfair competition... Sorry... I like girls ... I know... Me too...

Cheers,
R
S4INT05
+1|6732|79605, TX
who should give a fuck? 50% of american marriages end up in divorce anyway. so if gays get married, maybe they can improve that statistic.

yes, it is a commitment between two people and yes it is a religous ceremony. it's called holy matrimony.
fdcp_elmo
Rules over Sesamestreet
+5|6757|The Netherlands
who cares I don't sleep a minute less because I know that Gay's can marrie. I don't want to marrie a man anyway
Rosse_modest
+76|6778|Antwerp, Flanders

S4INT05 wrote:

who should give a fuck? 50% of american marriages end up in divorce anyway. so if gays get married, maybe they can improve that statistic.

yes, it is a commitment between two people and yes it is a religous ceremony. it's called holy matrimony.
It's only called that because every religion on the planet has used the concept and given it a religious meaning but in essence there is absolutely nothing religious about it.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands
i dont want to marry a man either but hey if thats what makes em happy, let em be happy.

Gay marrage is also allowed in the netherlands btw
dshak
+4|6815
the seperation of church and state comment is not applicapble when it comes to gay marriage, being that marriage has a signifigant impact on many things "state" related. (ie taxes, medical benefits, etc etc) Unfortunately in this case its not as simple as just saying "its a religious thing, so the government should stay out of it." if it were that simple most gay couples would just get married in a friendly church and be on with it, but they want LEGAL recognition as well as all the perks that come with it.

personally, I could give a flying hump. I agree with horesman, as long as I don't end up paying for it in one way or another, what do I care?
S4INT05
+1|6732|79605, TX
either way, america obviously dosen't take marriage that seriously anymore. back in the day marriages lasted, like our grandparents generation. now, our parents generation is falling apart more and more, and my generation? shit my graduating class had 10 babies of a class of 120. imagine what that is going to do to marriages.

gays, go ahead. i could care less. but once other religions and people try to push their agenda, such as polygamy, what will happen then? america is just one big fucking melting pot, so where will the marriage issue stop?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA

S4INT05 wrote:

In some cases it is religious, but not all.  If you get married at the court house by the justice of the peace, that would not be considered religious.
I believe same-sex marriage should be legal.  There are many benefits married couples have that are denied gay couples.  A few big examples:
1. If I get in an accident, my wife can represent my wishes to the physician (DNR, etc.).  If you are not married, you can't do that.  I have even read stories where the couple had signed documents written up by lawyers that weren't honored.
2. benefits.  My wife is covered under my insurance.  non-married people can't do this.
3. inheritance.
If people want to say that the word "marriage" has religious connotations, then fine.  Rewrite the law so that, as far as the state is concerned, they are civil unions but give them the same rights.
Anyway, that's my $.02
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA

S4INT05 wrote:

but once other religions and people try to push their agenda, such as polygamy, what will happen then? america is just one big fucking melting pot, so where will the marriage issue stop?
Okay, that is just ignorant.  Denying a couple rights already available to heterosexuals just because they are gay is very different from allowing people to have multiple spouses.  That's usually the first thing the thumpers say before saying "next somebody will want to marry his dog!"
S4INT05
+1|6732|79605, TX
i'm no bible thumper, ingnorant - in some cases yes. and honestly, i could give a fuck less if they got married or not. i know hella gay people, alot of my friends are, and we've had this discussion. they've said the same as me.

but yes, i do realize that it is waaaaaay different. it's just one step further in the instance that it could bring up a whole new era of sociological change here. i'm only taking a moderate stance here.
FeloniousMonk
+0|6737
Did you just say "hella"?
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
hella!  Heh, brings back memories of my days as a Metallicat!

Last edited by atlvolunteer (2005-12-08 13:15:50)

S4INT05
+1|6732|79605, TX

FeloniousMonk wrote:

Did you just say "hella"?
damn right! that word is hella cool. sorry ya'll, i'm from texas. 0_o

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard