EVieira
+105|6487|Lutenblaag, Molvania
The Japanese imperial army is know to have commited many war crimes, succh as raping and enslaved women in Korea and China and inciting mass suicide of civilians when the taking of Okinawa by American forces was iminent. But Japan's history books are not going to mention thngs like that anymore. I guess they have the right to only teach the good things about their past...

Japan’s Textbooks Reflect Revised History
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653
same as the turks changing the history of the armenian genocide in their school books
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command
Some things they did are so terrible it's hard to wrap the brain around. Best forgotten maybe.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6559|CH/BR - in UK

I wonder if Chile will ever accept their history...

-konfusion
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6662|pimelteror.de

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

same as the turks changing the history of the armenian genocide in their school books
same as the us americans, who still think, that the nukes on civilian areas where important to end the war...
SuperSlowYo
slow as you go
+124|6569|Canaduhhh.. West Toast
every country has done something questionable that tends to get forgotten over time.. just how reality works
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6364
We all do it, they do have alot to hide. in another post Some jerk said that

" The killings of civilians would never have happend in Iraq if Japan had been thier because thier Army has a code...  bla bla "  dam .... get a clue

I can see glossing over it in the younger grades, but they should learn about it. We learned about our atrocities.. I hope ?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6653

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

same as the us americans, who still think, that the nukes on civilian areas where important to end the war...
somebody here assuming what us Americans know or dont know.  dont jump to conclusions my friend, there are one or two of us in this nation that look at all aspects of history.  lets not turn this into a bash america thread

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2007-04-01 16:09:47)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6376|Columbus, Ohio

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Maybe if you silly little Germans weren't so hell bent on world domination.....which by the way you guys failed at.... we wouldn't even be talking about nukes.
manitobapaintballa
+32|6628
the civilians were warned in those cities before they were nuked.....
BVC
+325|6705

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

They did cost fewer lives than an invasion would have.
Reciprocity
+721|6590|the dank(super) side of Oregon

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

someones still a little angry about a certain country firebombing a certain city.  30,000 civilian casualties, delicious. 

We should have dropped one of those woderful bombs on Berlin.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6538|Global Command

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

somebody here assuming what us Americans know or dont know.  dont jump to conclusions my friend, there are one or two of us in this nation that look at all aspects of history.  lets not turn this into a bash america thread
I was gonna call him names and stuff.
m3thod
All kiiiiiiiiinds of gainz
+2,197|6681|UK

Reciprocity wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

someones still a little angry about a certain country firebombing a certain city.  30,000 civilian casualties, delicious. 

30,000 human death delicious? 

So i guess it's okay for some Arab to say 3000 human deaths.....yummy?!

Grow up or fuck off to the JD.
Blackbelts are just whitebelts who have never quit.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6658|Norway
*grabs popcorn*
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6376|Columbus, Ohio

Fredrik wrote:

*grabs popcorn*
With butter?
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6702|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

Fredrik wrote:

*grabs popcorn*
https://img73.imageshack.us/img73/4597/tn8875nt8.gif
neon_flux601
+18|6260|Sidahnee Orstrayleeah
I really think some of you are missing the point - this is about Japan changing their school curriculum to alter the perceptions its people have about the past in an effort to move the country forward out of a post WW2 imposed pacifist democracy, not about the atrocities that every other nation has ever committed.

I don't think they're doing it the right way, but in saying that I haven't read the changes made myself so it's hard to say on the merits of one article.

The past should NEVER be forgotten - how can you say that 'it will just go away' - that doesn't change what happened and in order to help prevent what happened from occurring again it is IMPERATIVE that it is never forgotten and should be taught to all students.

As a historian myself I know it's hard to stomach some of the atrocities - in such cases I can understand teachers glossing over some of the finer points and perhaps teaching them to students that are of a reasonable age and in an elective class.

But to remove it completely is not the way to respect and honour the dead.

You must also understand that we are talking about the history of a very different world, with a very different Imperial Japan - 'Nuke' was not in the common vernacular - and i'm not trying to defend the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki but the public was not aware of the full devastation of war until the war in Indochina in the 1960's; through television.

It is my hypothetical belief that if citizens of countries participating in WW2 were given the whole truth about what their nations armed forces were doing, in vivid colour, then there is a chance that things might have been very different.

Did you know that up until Germany's 11th hour in 1918 the German people were convinced that the war was going well and their boys would be home by Christmas?

Even in our digital age though, with war presented (or NOT presented, in the case of the heavily censored Iraq conflict that continues as I type this) on LCD screens, atrocities CAN STILL occur, and sadly will - all we can do is try and prevent that through the education and preservation of accurate history.

Lest we forget.

Last edited by neon_flux601 (2007-04-01 16:59:13)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6781|PNW

Pubic wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

They did cost fewer lives than an invasion would have.
It wasn't necessary, but it did keep the Soviets out of Japan. Deep down, we knew we were going to have our disagreements with them...

m3thod wrote:

Reciprocity wrote:

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

30,000 human death delicious? 

So i guess it's okay for some Arab to say 3000 human deaths.....yummy?!

Grow up or fuck off to the JD.
You don't need nukes to dish out horror in a civ populace.

Dresden.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2007-04-01 17:57:21)

oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6528|Πάϊ
Don't even go there EVieira. Every country adjusts "minor details" of history to suit their purposes. Then again there's some who go to greater lengths, like the Turks and their genocides
ƒ³
jermyang
I've Seen the Saucers.
+38|6749|Norcal, usa

ATG wrote:

Some things they did are so terrible it's hard to wrap the brain around. Best forgotten maybe.
I'll never forget what the japanese did to the chinese at nanjing.

playing bayonet catch with babies, killing diplomats of all races, raping all the women.
link52787
+29|6531
those sons of bitches.

Do they think they can rewrite what those fuckers did to my people?  My grandparents went through hell when those motherfuckers invaded China. 

I would bomb the shit out of them again.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6775|Cambridge (UK)

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dresden.
Coventry.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-04-01 19:10:25)

lowing
Banned
+1,662|6661|USA

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

LOL.....here we go again.....
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6462

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Damn amazing how well it worked though isn't it? 

KiL

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard