Snipingruven
The Anti-Sniper
+12|6529|Las Vegas
Pretty choppy for me, on 3 servers
pasngr
+50|6638
When I right-clicked in the scud missile launcher, it took me to some weird external camera view.
zeidmaan
+234|6407|Vienna

pasngr wrote:

When I right-clicked in the scud missile launcher, it took me to some weird external camera view.
Its how the artillery works. Pretty cool idea. Someone with binoculars (soflam maybe) request artillery and if you are in one you get the view of that area you need to hit.
JG1567JG
+110|6580|United States of America
It sucks only two populated servers and my ping on both is 160 to 250.  I'm usually dead before I even see an enemy let alone get off a shot.  When I do sneak up on someone I still can't kill them unless it is with a grenade or something.  I just can't seem to find the real bullets, my gun only had blanks in it
David.P
Banned
+649|6266
Greta mod but the thing i hate is the kit weapons.
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6547|An Hour North of Indy
I want the TOWs to be able to be corrected in the air and i want someone to tell me where the Vintorez is on lost village.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6641|Norway
No lag for me and i`ve played about 15 hours already, i think the people who experience this needs a better computer. I also think this mod needs a better graphic card than vanila because the view distanse is insane, you can see 3 times as far as in most vanilla maps.

The thing i dont like about dcon:
nubs tking for arty and choppers...
O))) one-weak
marksman chanpuru
+7|6224|sweden
  • it's an anti-squad game. the total opposite of what project reality is. there is no reason to join a squad, as it's just a rush to the vehicles.
  • a LOT of teamkilling for the hardware and rubbish behavior. but who can blame them, with this game layout.
  • weapons and vehicles sounds just as weak as nilla. no imagination compared with poe2/pr. small arms lack new, interesting models. the poe2 team is just amazing as making custom weapons.
  • very arkade-ish. you can shoot the rifles from the hip 150% more accurately than in project reailty. i can group ak bullets tight as hell @ 50 meters from the hip by just holding down the button. also, enemies take an insane amount of bullets to drop. friggin quake 3.
  • stupid vehicle maps. i don't really see the "genious" map design everyone is masturbating over. it's just one texture in different elevations, a few houses around the flags and random bushes
  • played a couple of io maps too. you can jump and shoot! and hit what you aim at! enough said.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6735|Reality
It is a blast from the past.

I didn't like the original because it promised MODERN DAY combat but produced WWII combat with helos thrown in to the equation.

DUMBFIRE for f's sake. LAME LAME LAME

The lethality of the AA main gun is good. It is supposed to shread aircraft.

Just played enough to confirm my suspicions. UNINSTALLING NOW.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Bidasse_Jason
+5|6735
# it's an anti-squad game. the total opposite of what project reality is. there is no reason to join a squad, as it's just a rush to the vehicles.
Yes there is a lack of fast troop transports. There should be more DPV/MH6/UH-60 to make squadplay easier.
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6731|Comber, Northern Ireland

Stubbee wrote:

It is a blast from the past.

I didn't like the original because it promised MODERN DAY combat but produced WWII combat with helos thrown in to the equation.

DUMBFIRE for f's sake. LAME LAME LAME

The lethality of the AA main gun is good. It is supposed to shread aircraft.

Just played enough to confirm my suspicions. UNINSTALLING NOW.
good one less noob to worry about
geNius
..!.,
+144|6434|SoCal

david363 wrote:

78% of all people are stupid, if you belong in the other 12%, add this to your signature.
^^I wonder how many people actually add that.

Desert Conflict is made in the spirit of Desert Combat (a mod for BF1942).

Most of the complaints I'm seeing here are from people who have never played Desert Combat, and have no frame of reference as far as vehicles/AA/maps go.

I do agree with one thing, however.  The CAR-15 is utterly ridiculous.  If you're running around with an AK, you may as well suicide; you're dead, anyway.
https://srejects.com/genius/srejects.png
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6712|California

Its good, don't get me wrong, but I have some issues

1. Gunners on the Helo's are severely underarmed
2. Artillery view is hard to use if you don't know how to
3. proxy fuses on the AA missiles
4. No teamwork at all
5. Huge imbalance between Opposition and Coalition forces
6. AC-130 is too slow

It has its ups and downs. I dig the full auto M16 though, and the CAR-15
aj0404
It'll just be our little secret
+298|6342|Iowa...

zeidmaan wrote:

whats annoying is that every flag changes ownership about 15 - 20 times IAR. The mod could use assault lines to center the combat to certain area because you can never expect people to defend every flag. And also the flag is gray-lost in matter of seconds if few people are capping it, which means that if you want to defend it you need to stay in the capping area.
Also it could use a bit longer respawn times.
sorry,but this is Desert Conflict,not Project Reality.it's supposed to be different and fun,which it is.PR saps the fun out of the game.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685
CONS: You should have made more custom skins for the guns. Why do the Iraqis have T-90s? Why do the Americans have the M1A2? You should have made the kits like they were in Desert Combat, as they are now it feels like you just changed a few skins and tweaked some gun stats when it comes to the small arms. No MK-23 for spec-ops. The PKM fires too slowly.

PROS: Iraqi voice overs. Scuds. RPGs.
ScOrPiOn1189
+8|6454|New York
I hate Those stupid iraqi voice overs, they get on my nerves so easily,
they espically suck when spammed.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6685

ScOrPiOn1189 wrote:

I love em . They sound like a fat Arab guy sitting at his desk in a smoky room. "Yala yala yala..."
_raab
+28|6226|Western Aust.

Superior Mind wrote:

ScOrPiOn1189 wrote:

I love em . They sound like a fat Arab guy sitting at his desk in a smoky room. "Yala yala yala..."
hahaha, I laughed when I heard this too. So good. Worst thing about DCon is the fact that it doesn't work on my computer. I get 16 fps in normal bf2, but in dcon I honestly get approximately 0.1 fps. I think the maps are too big (iv'e only tried on large maps) and my comp just can't handle it I guess. Anyone else get this problem? And my ping is fine, I play on gamearena servers (Aust).
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6560|NYC / Hamburg

_raab wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

ScOrPiOn1189 wrote:

hahaha, I laughed when I heard this too. So good. Worst thing about DCon is the fact that it doesn't work on my computer. I get 16 fps in normal bf2, but in dcon I honestly get approximately 0.1 fps. I think the maps are too big (iv'e only tried on large maps) and my comp just can't handle it I guess. Anyone else get this problem? And my ping is fine, I play on gamearena servers (Aust).
no, my fps is the same as in vBF2
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6619|Canada

O))) one-weak wrote:

• it's an anti-squad game. the total opposite of what project reality is. there is no reason to join a squad, as it's just a rush to the vehicles.
  • a LOT of teamkilling for the hardware and rubbish behavior. but who can blame them, with this game layout.
  • weapons and vehicles sounds just as weak as nilla. no imagination compared with poe2/pr. small arms lack new, interesting models. the poe2 team is just amazing as making custom weapons.
  • very arkade-ish. you can shoot the rifles from the hip 150% more accurately than in project reailty. i can group ak bullets tight as hell @ 50 meters from the hip by just holding down the button. also, enemies take an insane amount of bullets to drop. friggin quake 3.
  • stupid vehicle maps. i don't really see the "genious" map design everyone is masturbating over. it's just one texture in different elevations, a few houses around the flags and random bushes
  • played a couple of io maps too. you can jump and shoot! and hit what you aim at! enough said.
quit referencing Dcon to PR.

on topic: i hate how people tk all the time now for no reason but to piss u off. all these little kids arent worrying about their precious stats so they do what the fuck they want. really annoying

Last edited by destruktion_6143 (2007-04-09 09:28:19)

[THE] comben
Wee and Biscuits
+43|6525|Cardiff
*CONS

the choppers are a pain to fly..i cant remember the exact model but the opposition attacker chopper (the one with the stupidly huge amount of gubbins stuck on the wings) only fly's forward when u point the nose at the ground basically. 

most of the other choppers lift and descent is pretty fubar (it might be uber realistic for all i know but it just doesnt feel right in game)

no squad work at all that ive seen in 3 days of playing quite a lot (thats not the games fault tho

I WANT A MOTOR BIKE THAT CAN DO WHEELIES! >

no multi choice firearms for kits (it might not make much sence in most cases but i quite like the choice in vanilla)

*PROS

jeeps with loads of drift

littlebirds with uber forward firing guns

ill add more if i can be arsed later..or more likely ill forget i posted here and never look at this thread again
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6429|Brisbane, Australia
Well Lag

And the fact that you can jump and shoot, it totally sucks in the BF2 engine to be able to do it.

Those handheld stinger missles are...wierd, you aim rite at them and you miss, you miss and you hit... i managed to get a littlebird by just pointing at it in the general direction of it and i scored a kill.

lag
lag
lag

spec ops kit got the car(for US) which is great but C4ing vehcils now is extremly hard. Rushing a tank is impossible now. Tanks dont have to worry about ther blind spots now, they can just pull out before you can say muhamid jihad and blow you away.

i say maybe have less pick-up but have the same top speed.
_raab
+28|6226|Western Aust.

Machine_Madness wrote:

Well Lag

And the fact that you can jump and shoot, it totally sucks in the BF2 engine to be able to do it.

Those handheld stinger missles are...wierd, you aim rite at them and you miss, you miss and you hit... i managed to get a littlebird by just pointing at it in the general direction of it and i scored a kill.

lag
lag
lag

spec ops kit got the car(for US) which is great but C4ing vehcils now is extremly hard. Rushing a tank is impossible now. Tanks dont have to worry about ther blind spots now, they can just pull out before you can say muhamid jihad and blow you away.

i say maybe have less pick-up but have the same top speed.
The reason why youv'e been gettin those kills against air units is because:

Desert conflict wiki wrote:

Each missle is fitted with a proximity fuse that will detonate if the missle’s trajectory passes close enough to the enemy aircraft.
Theyre called dumbfire missiles, all the AA and jets have em now. They just go where your crosshair is aimed, and detonate if theres a plane/chopper in range and do a certain amount of damage.

This imo is one of the best things about dcon. More fun, more skill
Machine_Madness
Madness has now come over me
+20|6429|Brisbane, Australia
i forgot to mention the bird was halfway across the map, and it hit instantly
Longbow
+163|6639|Odessa, Ukraine
DCon is step back , even compared to BF2

* no teamwork
* too much vehicles , no way to play infantry on huge maps
* AT with a pistol is a joke
* artillery is way too overspammed
* no lock on missiles ( thats not fucking WWII men , if DC team hadn't coded it for BF1942 engine that doesnt mean you should make the same mistake )
* almost no new skins for small arms

to be continued

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard