GATOR591957
+84|6624
I'm looking for what you don't like or would like to see changed here....  Thanks....

Last edited by GATOR591957 (2007-03-31 07:49:52)

david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6736|Comber, Northern Ireland
serious lag and keep loosing connection
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6350|Troy, New York
No problems with lag, but i did lose connection fairly often. I also wish there were more new hand weapons, but thats not really a problem.
BlackKoala
+215|6322
On some of the maps, I know Lost Village" for sure, when you capture a flag, the message is soething like "CPNAME_Slums has been captured."  Any chance of having the "CPNAME" removed?  No biggie, just a little glitch I noticed.

I also don't like how things seem to drop through floors.  Be it med packs, or bodies, they seem to like to fall through the florrs to be unretrievable or unrvivable.  Kinda annoying .
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6546|EUtopia | Austria
Car-15
Mr.Casual
p-n*|3eergogglz
+136|6506|Minnesota eh
The US guns are alot better than the Oppostion guns overall.
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6623|Gold Coast, Australia
The download size, i want it to be 200kb EXACTLY. no more, no less.

I'll give them a high five and a kudo if they do.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6349|uk

Very, very laggy
killaer
+41|6715
Too similar to BF2. Same guns, same vehicles, only new stuff is a tiny bit of new vehicles, and maybe 1-2 new gun. Maps are bland.
GATOR591957
+84|6624

killaer wrote:

Too similar to BF2. Same guns, same vehicles, only new stuff is a tiny bit of new vehicles, and maybe 1-2 new gun. Maps are bland.
Can you elaborate.  Handguns, rifles, sniper rifles???

The car-15 is new and the VSS is a pick up weapon.  The .50 cal sniper rifle is also a pick up weapon.  C-130, scud missile launcher, MLRS all new vehicles.  Not trying to dispute what you are saying just trying to get clarification.

Last edited by GATOR591957 (2007-03-31 10:26:05)

The_Killer
Banned
+113|6522|dunno
Needs more guns there to much the same as vanilla bf2. Maybe 2 or 3 new guns for any kit like support, medic, or sniper.

Last edited by The_Killer (2007-03-31 10:34:00)

acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6690|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
I'm assuming most of you have never played Desert Combat before.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6391|The Gem Saloon
i got in and played a couple games last night on coalition and i must say that my first impressions were-
oh wow, that spec ops silent ar looks fucking cool, im gonna use that. oh hey, the anti tank kit looks different.....ooh, this is a different map.
then that was about it, i didnt play on the other side and i only was in the server for a couple games, but those were my first impressions.
i will definitely play some more to get a better feel for it later tonight.

the silenced M4 is fucking sick though, i love that thing.
one other thing is i noticed the dust clouds attributed to hit reg issues....it wasnt too bad, but my ping was in the 40's and i usually dont have that issue.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6690|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

yuckfou09 wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

I'm assuming most of you have never played Desert Combat before.
no but i have played DESERT CONFLICT
They are basically the same thing.
yuckfou09
hide your terrorists ^,^
+94|6674|Ft. Drum, NY
ak47 is way shittier than the m-16
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6743

There is quite a significant choppiness when in the presence of enemies but it plays smooth around teammates just fine. I get a steady 50-70 fps on medium settings. It is similar to the lag I have experienced when first loading into a game (e.g. loading textures lag while playing). However it is pretty constant with many enemies around. 2 of my friends said they had the same problem. Every 3 seconds or so it pauses for a half second but the fps is still at 70. Very frusterating.

Other con: the recoil on some of the guns is pretty intense compared to the BF2 equivalent. Try the AK for instance it goes buckwild even zoomed in and prone. It is a bit frusterating because swapping between BF2 and DC can really fuck your aim up when the recoil for each bullet is so significant.

Other con: your view is limited in the mini-birds as a ride-a-long. Unlike in the blackhawk in bf2 where you can look anywhere out the sides and aim at anything, the restriction in view for DC is VERY annoying.

Other con: only 2 ammo bags for support kit. What the hell is the point of taking support then? There are strategic ammo boxes around on the map, you may as well just take another kit then support. The PKM is still pretty nice but in the infantry I experienced, going prone wasn't exactly the best way to fight. More like pick assault or spec, and crouch behind stuff, pop up for a few shots and go crouch again. That is mainly what I saw on Mosul last night.

Other con: inability to repair vehicles from inside (try the AC 130). In BF1942 DC you could walk around inside the AC 130 and parachute out etc. It was great fun. Now you can only spawn in to locked seats. I believe this is because if they let you walk around it would lag like a bitch due to the game engine, but they should have added three seats on the open back kind of like the potato (MEC transport in BF2) where you could at least wrench it up.

Other con: Bombers can only drop bombs very slowly in a row, you can't cluster fuck the shit out of a target. This is very frusterating because you have 8 bombs in the A10 for example, but you can really only use one at a time. Meanwhile the plane is slower then SHIT so anybody with a shoulder AA will fuck you up. I don't mind the slowness and the ease of getting shot down if you actually pack enough punch to seriously fuck your enemy up. But one bomb every second doesn't work so well. Also the 1-2 second gun warm-up on the A10 is also a bit annoying as I don't like waiting to shoot the piss out of something. You will also notice flying any of the other attack planes carry no bombs whatsoever. I have to admit I like BF2 better for flying and for ground pounding. I am not sure where DC fits into my play even though I used to play DC in '42 for all hours!

Other con: the attack choppers gun is back to sux. In the original DC nobody wanted to gun for you because the gunner only got this pissy little chain gun, whereas everyone is rolling around in choppers planes armor and jeeps. Who the hell wants to gun when you'll never kill anyone? Sadly they kept this in BF2 DC such that once again nobody wants to be your gunner, meanwhile the pilot gets a wicked arsenal of rockets and tv missiles that aren't guided. They should have kept the tv missiles like in BF2.

Anyways don't let these cons sway your opinion until you try the game. It is still fun to play for a break! The ground vehicles are faster (thank God) but the jets are slower. However the Mig29 flies like the wind, just like the J10 in BF2 it is untouchable and faaaassst. DC weapons bunker has a suicide ice-cream truck that is HILARIOUS honest to God awesome. I didn't enjoy Mosul at all, it was more like a laggy shit fest. Battle of easting was the usual tankwhoreage it kind of gets boring. The maps like el alamein and gazala old DC favorites are once again fun. Inshallal valley is still great, except they removed the attack choppers and replaced with minibirds. I have mixed feelings about that. The choppers are way easier to fly though and much more responsive then the SF equivalents. EG the Apache, and Hind are how SF choppers should have flown, but instead the SF versions are pretty boat/tub like in flight.

EDIT: I agree with the above posters, the US guns are better then opposition, mainily because their recoil is way less. An AK47 may do more damage, but it recoils so harshly, that in a CQC firefight, the US guns roll because you have to pull down your mouse/wait for the gun to settle before you can fire again meanwhile the US guns can just string bullets in your face. You can severly hurt your opponent before they can hurt you, but your rate of fire is gonna be so much lower to accomodate for recoil that it is a huge disadvantage.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2007-03-31 10:51:51)

Ganko_06
Laughter with an S
+167|6642|Camoran's Paradise
I played a few rounds of El Alamain and only noticed a few things:

The gatling gun for the A-10 fires low as in the rounds are not centered on the targeting HUD.
Some of the textures are off.  The sandbags looked like they were made out of glass.
None of the SAM's give a lock tone.  My missiles on both stationary and mobile AA never seem to lock on.

Last edited by Ganko_06 (2007-03-31 10:49:57)

[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6743

Ganko_06 wrote:

The gatling gun for the A-10 fires low as in the rounds are not centered on the targeting HUD.
Some of the textures are off.  The sandbags looked like they were made out of glass.
None of the SAM's give a lock tone.  My missiles on both stationary and mobile AA never seem to lock on.
That's a feature of DC that I agree with - they made AA fire straight and fast (very slightly curved). The hit boxes on planes and choppers are HUGE compared to BF2 to allow you to have a chance at downing them. I must say it is way more fun both as the pilot and as the shoulder mounted AA guy. I wish it was like this in BF2!

Flak and mounted AA will seriously rape any target if you hit them with 2-4 flak shells they will go down. You just have to get used to aiming which takes a little time. I remeber in original DC once you got used to the shoulder mounted AA, anyone who flew momentarily straight within any visible distance was a dead man. Also you used to be able to snipe people with the straight firing AA rockets, but alas they only do about 4 damage to infantry now.
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6453|the guy in the hind on gator
can somone direct me to where i can download this mod
GATOR591957
+84|6624

russ)=spetsnaz wrote:

can somone direct me to where i can download this mod
WWW.Desert-Conflict.org
russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6453|the guy in the hind on gator
bah what kind of speeds did u guys get im going at 100kb/s
zeidmaan
+234|6412|Vienna

whats annoying is that every flag changes ownership about 15 - 20 times IAR. The mod could use assault lines to center the combat to certain area because you can never expect people to defend every flag. And also the flag is gray-lost in matter of seconds if few people are capping it, which means that if you want to defend it you need to stay in the capping area.
Also it could use a bit longer respawn times.
mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6714|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX
Give the US the M82 Barret sniper rifle.
Kensei
+1|6234

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

Other con: only 2 ammo bags for support kit. What the hell is the point of taking support then? There are strategic ammo boxes around on the map, you may as well just take another kit then support. The PKM is still pretty nice but in the infantry I experienced, going prone wasn't exactly the best way to fight. More like pick assault or spec, and crouch behind stuff, pop up for a few shots and go crouch again. That is mainly what I saw on Mosul last night.
The ammo bags refill when you go near the crates.  Just like medic packs; you get a limited amount, but your inventory is restocked once you go near a med cabinet.  it's pretty cool.

Last edited by Kensei (2007-03-31 23:09:07)

Kensei
+1|6234

Ganko_06 wrote:

lol, all AA and missiles do not lock, it's all dumb fire, you have to lead...  Please reference Desert Combat for BF1942.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard