pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6301|Washington St.
According to the Geneva Convention medical personnel are not allowed to be shot at unless they are shooting at you.

The Fourth Geneva Convention specifies in Article 20 that “Persons regularly and solely engaged in the operation and administration of civilian hospitals… shall be respected and protected.”
However when they are shooting at you, you can shoot back.

Article 19 notes that protection of civilian hospitals and mobile or permanent units may be forfeited if “they are used to commit, outside their humanitarian duties, acts harmful to the enemy.”
Source

If you've ever seen WWII movies, you can see the medic run out into the middle of the battlefield to give attention the those who are dying and come back without a scratch (assuming the other army is following the rules).

So why is it they they have arguably the best weapons (AK-101 and G36E) and have the ability to heal themselves and others adding up to a huge point tally. This is why on almost any map on IO, half the team are medics.
Also, how do you apply this to BF2?
There are a few options:

First is to take away all medics weapons. Of course this is rediculous because nobody would ever play as a medic.
Second is to make them invincible. You can do this a few ways, either have the completely invincible for the whole round (game for that matter), or until they pull out their weapon (assuming they have them) and start shooting, making them fair game.
Third is to do it how it is except give them "self defence" weapons like the P90 or MP-7 instead of the strongest ones in the game. However if you did this, you'd have to make medics stronger or harder to hit. So if they were giving medical attention and not shooting at you they would at least have a chance.
Fourth is to do it how it is...

In my opinion the best way to do it is give them weaker guns like the P-90 or MP-7 but also make them invincible until they start shooting. This seems more realistic.

What do you think? Will this reduce the medic whoreage? Do you have any other ideas?
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6688|Middle of nowhere
this is an arcade game, not a simulator

please play something else if you don't like it

however, i do think that Medics are too powerful, with the assault guns and stuff, i say that medics should get SMG's and AT either gets the other Assault guns or better weapons, because AT isn't that great

or at least give AT fucking grenades!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6770|San Antonio, Texas
Ackmed doesn't follow the Geneva Convention...
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6450|Brisbane, Australia

could you imagine the exploits! think about it - the medic sits there invincible, reviving everyone else around him - it would become a battle just to actually kill someone!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
agent146
+127|6397|Jesus Land aka Canada

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Ackmed doesn't follow the Geneva Convention...
indeed, indeed, abdullah makes his own rules! Jihad jeep 4 everz. And no..that idea is just ....lame and boring bf2 is not real life its a game. But ya i agree on one thing- the idea that medics having an smg or mp7 is interesting but i know a handful of people would not like that
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6703|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

could you imagine the exploits! think about it - the medic sits there invincible, reviving everyone else around him - it would become a battle just to actually kill someone!
Or having BOTH teams spawn as all medics and just waltz to the flags without shooting.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6795|Perth, Western Australia
Honestly while I wouldnt support change, because a) The game has been out for so long and b) Im a bit of a medic whore it would honestly be more balanced if either

a) Medics weren't able to heal THEMSELVES (myabe up to halfway, but not up to FULL health)

b) leave things as they are but give medics SMGs instead of AR's
delta4bravo*nl*
Dutch Delight
+68|6762
invincible medics would also zap everyone else with the paddels..
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6541
Easiest solution is take away teh AK101 and G36E and give them a compact gun like an MP5 and then the only medics will be those who really want to help out their team and are not just doing it for the weapons and self heal opportunities.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6301|Washington St.
ALLRIGHT!!! Making them invincible would be a bad idea, my mistake. I guess I should be waiting for someone at my door to come and shoot my now for even proposing that idea.
jeez...
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6729|Melbourne, Australia

pirana6 wrote:

According to the Geneva Convention medical personnel are not allowed to be shot at unless they are shooting at you.

The Fourth Geneva Convention specifies in Article 20 that “Persons regularly and solely engaged in the operation and administration of civilian hospitals… shall be respected and protected.”
However when they are shooting at you, you can shoot back.

Article 19 notes that protection of civilian hospitals and mobile or permanent units may be forfeited if “they are used to commit, outside their humanitarian duties, acts harmful to the enemy.”
Source

If you've ever seen WWII movies, you can see the medic run out into the middle of the battlefield to give attention the those who are dying and come back without a scratch (assuming the other army is following the rules).

So why is it they they have arguably the best weapons (AK-101 and G36E) and have the ability to heal themselves and others adding up to a huge point tally. This is why on almost any map on IO, half the team are medics.
Also, how do you apply this to BF2?
There are a few options:

First is to take away all medics weapons. Of course this is rediculous because nobody would ever play as a medic.
Second is to make them invincible. You can do this a few ways, either have the completely invincible for the whole round (game for that matter), or until they pull out their weapon (assuming they have them) and start shooting, making them fair game.
Third is to do it how it is except give them "self defence" weapons like the P90 or MP-7 instead of the strongest ones in the game. However if you did this, you'd have to make medics stronger or harder to hit. So if they were giving medical attention and not shooting at you they would at least have a chance.

In my opinion the best way to do it is give them weaker guns like the P-90 or MP-7 but also make them invincible until they start shooting. This seems more realistic.

What do you think? Will this reduce the medic whoreage? Do you have any other ideas?
stupidest idea iv ever herd CANT YOU FUCKEN SEE HOW PEOPLE WILL EXPLOIT THIS

DID IT NOT OCCUR TO YOU WHILE WRITTING IT
god you couldent be more stupid    please /quitRL now
its newbs like you that got movement in the game nerfed so now we have to stand still and shoot and it coems down to who can get better rego with der newby G36E first

BF2 IS NOT A SIMULATOR.. LEAVE IT THE FUCK ALONE!! :@
Houli999
+9|6249
I agree with I.M.I. Militant people will exploit the fuck out of this. If i were invincible i would get my medic pack out follow an enemy wait for him to turn around or stop looking, and then blow his brains out. This wouldn't work. Plus it isn't realistic.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6631|Gold coast, Aus.
A) No
B) If we were trying to get rid of the enemy shooting medics, just give the enemy negative points for hitting medics, as though they were team mates. But thats shit and a horrible idea.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6683|Colorado
no more patches please.
Kratos Aurion
+36|6652|Sweden
If you make invincible, what would happen to the matches? Some medics just run and take the flags, not that hard when they can't be killed right?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6637|Warlord
Hands up if you've been on a team on a city map where most of the players were medics. Right, most of you yeah?

So then we get two teams virtually all of whom are invincible LOL

pirana6 wrote:

There are a few options:

I can see you put some thought into this but you didn't think it through to the logical conclusion.

First
Say we make them invincible, but they don't have a weapon. How 'bout in a vehicle? Wouldn't you like to be the gunner in an FAV for a driver that couldn't be killed? Worse still, what about if the medic were manning a MG on a vehicle?

Second
Invincible until they pull out a weapon... for the rest of the game then? Just that life? Until they put the weapon away (God no!)? Imagine a squad with two medics leading, a support guy, one spec ops and a two assault players. They'd be practically unstoppable if the medics stuck to medic duties.

Any way you cut it this could be exploited out the ass: free claymore clearance... artillery survival, giving you a man at any spot on the map that could be a spawn point... point man when advancing in line (body shields all the guys behind him)... flag-cap standoffs between medics...

Third
This is something like making them AT, where the body armour provides extra protection.

If you made them strong enough that "if they were giving medical attention and not shooting at you they would at least have a chance." then they'd be so strong that the P90 could easily make them the strongest infantry class again.

pirana6 wrote:

Giving medics a weapon other than an assault rifle (arguably the best gun in the game) has been discussed a few times. I agree that they should have been weaker from the outset, to offset the other strengths of the class, but now that it's the way that it is changing it this much would go down like a lead balloon.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6301|Washington St.
I've already got the razor blades out, thanks guys, you've just killed a guy on BF2s.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard