ReDevilJR
+106|6352
Sorry if this has already been posted but, don't ya think it'd be awesome if they made the entire battlefield 1942 series and Vietnam run off of the bf2 engine like 2142... I'd get it... I think it'd be smart to have it all run off of the same engine, makes it much easier for compatibility etc...
Entertayner
+826|6572

Like a.. "mod"?
ReDevilJR
+106|6352
I guess, but published by EA, like the rest of the series, since 1942/vietnam lacks bf2 interface/graphics...
Entertayner
+826|6572

ReDevilJR wrote:

I guess, but published by EA, like the rest of the series, since 1942/vietnam lacks bf2 interface/graphics...
Why would we want something published by EA unless we wanted a beta from the previous Alpha version of BF2.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6469
Yes. Yes it would.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

shhhhhhh u will let out there master plan!

Here it is boys the new battlefield!  Thats, erm, eh, actually the old ones, YET NEW!

Heres to the men and women of EA hurah!

Martyn
MorbiD.ShoT
Stormin' through the party
+322|6597
Desert Combat has come out as a download for BF2!

Do it.  DL it now.

I didn't.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6392

MorbiD.ShoT wrote:

Desert Combat has come out as a download for BF2!

Do it.  DL it now.

I didn't.
Has it?  Are you sure you're not talking about Desert Conflict?
ReDevilJR
+106|6352
Yeah... Desert Combat was a mod for 1942... I believe Desert conflict is for bf2... what's desert conflict about?
Anonymous_Undertaker
+2|6279

ReDevilJR wrote:

Yeah... Desert Combat was a mod for 1942... I believe Desert conflict is for bf2... what's desert conflict about?
Iraq, don't think it will last got kinda boring this morning being abused for stuff whilst in game by a noob of the game who had no clue..  He decided to blow up anything.

You can also c4 toss in it, don't think people realize that yet.
Ice Cold Killa
+26|6445|Perth, W.A, Australia.
i think i have read something like this before but yeah i think that would be awesome if they re-made 1942 running on the 2142 engine and there was a ranking system and points and all that.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6646|Canada
If you want a WWII mod for BF2, check out Forgotten Hope. It's supposed to be released sometime this summer and it will definetly be worth the wait.
ReDevilJR
+106|6352

Ice Cold Killa wrote:

i think i have read something like this before but yeah i think that would be awesome if they re-made 1942 running on the 2142 engine and there was a ranking system and points and all that.
Bf2 engine ... I would get it, to have the entire franchise all on bf2 engine... I think it'd be kinda' cool
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6694|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

CaptainMike wrote:

If you want a WWII mod for BF2, check out Forgotten Hope. It's supposed to be released sometime this summer and it will definetly be worth the wait.
I've been waiting for nearly two years...

And I still play FH for 1942.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6572|USA

Ice Cold Killa wrote:

2142 has no engine. it uses BF2's.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6646|Canada

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

CaptainMike wrote:

Yep, me too. I was hoping it would have been out last year, but no luck. I would also be playing it for '42, but I don't have my disk with me. It will be worth the wait, I've yet to be disappointed with FH.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6694|NAS Jacksonville, Florida

CaptainMike wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

CaptainMike wrote:

Yep, me too. I was hoping it would have been out last year, but no luck. I would also be playing it for '42, but I don't have my disk with me. It will be worth the wait, I've yet to be disappointed with FH.
I've been reading up on it, and the new features they're adding seem to make the game even better.
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6627|Gold Coast, Australia

Anonymous_Undertaker wrote:

You can also c4 toss in it, don't think people realize that yet.
Shhhhhh...
Ratzinger
+43|6393|Wollongong, NSW, Australia

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

CaptainMike wrote:

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

I've been reading up on it, and the new features they're adding seem to make the game even better.
They go for a bit more realism, so you can figure less hit points for everything, and make excellent new maps, vehicles and kits.

Another group is XWW2 who made a terrific mod for BF42, 1 hit 1 kill stuff, with more realistic physics and equipment, and they've been putting a WW2 mod for BF2 together for about, oh, forever. I only bought this damn game waiting for this mod, and I'm now nearly 80,000 points in vanilla and STILL WAITING!!!!!

When its finally done though, whooo whee.
l41e
+677|6649

Ender2309 wrote:

Ice Cold Killa wrote:

2142 has no engine. it uses BF2's.
It has no engine? So you just get to copy it off the CD and look at .con files?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard