Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6431|North Carolina

Hurricane wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

See this is why religion is gay. There all pussies. No one can handle a little fun. How could you not see the coolness in a chocolate statue of your savior.
Word. If someone made a chocolate statue of me I'd be honored, unless they weren't faithful to EVERY organ of my body =p
Here, here!

...and let there be a chocolate Mohammed for all the crazies to riot about.
Ryan
+1,230|6869|Alberta, Canada

Crap man, I saw that in my local newspaper and thought it was a real dead guy in a butcher shop, yuck.
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6586
I'm Christian and I think it's very offensive. However, I'm over it. You won't see me running through the streets screeming and beating my chest. You wont see me starting riots or cutting anyones head off. I hope someone comes out with the choco muhamed.
NemeSiS-Factor
Favorite Weapon? Pistol
+29|6696|Everett, WA, US
Who gets to eat Jesus' wang?
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6671|Ohio
i dont see what the big deal is. so what if hes made of chocolate, if no one eats it it has no difference than wood or stone basically. its actually alot more like clay.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6417

I prefer my brass statue at home.
Including the loin cloth.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6316|Éire
The only thing better than the great man himself is a chocolate version of him!!!
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6746|California

mmm... my sweet, sweet salvation
san4
The Mas
+311|6714|NYC, a place to live
The chocolate figure is not on a cross. The body is arranged like it would be on a cross but there is no cross there. I don't know if that makes a difference to anybody.

Also, my understanding is that the church's main objection was to the penis. I think it was going to be in a window on the street and the church was concerned about children and other passers-by seeing a penis. That's not a crazy objection--you generally don't see exposed penises on the street. It doesn't seem like a religious objection though.

The sculptor joked that he was going to let viewers take a bite but that was only a joke.

If they made a chocolate Mohammed there would be riots and death threats.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6494

Konfusion0 wrote:

That's quite amusing, actually... The church should be glad that so much devotion went into making another Jesus, imo.

-konfusion
The Catholic church isn't attacking it the Catholic League is, there is a HUGE difference. The Catholic church itself had sponsered many sculptures and paintings of Jesus and pals so I doubted they would care. The catholic league are just neo-con dicks with too much time on their hands, and so they protest stuff that most people would have no problem with.
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6777|the middle of nowhere

rawls2 wrote:

I hope someone comes out with the choco muhamed.
lol
Turquoise
O Canada

doctastrangelove1964 wrote:

Konfusion0 wrote:

That's quite amusing, actually... The church should be glad that so much devotion went into making another Jesus, imo.

-konfusion
The Catholic church isn't attacking it the Catholic League is, there is a HUGE difference. The Catholic church itself had sponsered many sculptures and paintings of Jesus and pals so I doubted they would care. The catholic league are just neo-con dicks with too much time on their hands, and so they protest stuff that most people would have no problem with.
Yep, the Catholic League is just as much a joke as the American Family Association.  I wish we could aim the terrorists at those people.
Scorpion0x17
can detect anyone's visible post count...
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)

Volatile_Squirrel wrote:

JahManRed wrote:

Would love to eat some Jesus cock...........................mmmmmmmm chocolate.
Ha, I wonder if I would be considered blasphemy to bite off peices.

MMmmmm....sacrilicious.....
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6698|Colorado
Funny stuff, this shows how warped religion is, faith instead of reason bah.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2007-03-30 22:21:30)

Scorpion0x17
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)

TrollmeaT wrote:

Funny stuff, this shows how warp religion is, faith instead of reason bah.
But, then, pure reason leads to eugenics...
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6698|Colorado
No, reason would bring you to a conclusion that selective breeding would be racist which is just a lower form of collectivism.
Turquoise
O Canada

TrollmeaT wrote:

No, reason would bring you to a conclusion that selective breeding would be racist which is just a lower form of collectivism.
Agreed...
Scorpion0x17
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)

TrollmeaT wrote:

Eugenics is not 'racist' as such. In it's most rational form it treats all humans as a single race. The traits selected for or against being those that exist in all humans. Eugenics has been distorted by numerous people in the past as a means to a racist end, but the purely rational eugenic theory is not in and of itself racist. Whether it's morally right? Now that's a different matter.

Last edited by Scorpion0x17 (2007-03-31 11:43:32)

jonsimon
+224|6521

TrollmeaT wrote:

Sorry to break it to you, but everyone must be racist then. Every man and woman selects a mate based on eugenics, even if they don't realize it. It's the correlary to natural selection and it's called sexual selection. It explains evolutionary changes that natural selection can't. So, assuming reason leads one to what is natural, pure reason would lead one to eugenics.
Turquoise
O Canada

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Eugenics is not 'racist' as such. In it's most rational form it treats all humans as a single race. The traits selected for or against being those that exist in all humans. Eugenics has been distorted by numerous people in the past as a means to a racist end, but the purely rational eugenic theory is not in and of itself racist. Whether it's morally right? Now that's a different matter.
Well, if you're saying that eugenics is a matter of people mating with regards to desirable traits (no handicaps or deformities), then yes, reason can lead to this version which has nothing to do with race.

However, what keeps humans from truly behaving with pure reason is culture.  We put up walls between each other due to cultural values that are often irrational.
Scorpion0x17
+691|6792|Cambridge (UK)

Turquoise wrote:

Scorpion0x17 wrote:

TrollmeaT wrote:

Well, if you're saying that eugenics is a matter of people mating with regards to desirable traits (no handicaps or deformities), then yes, reason can lead to this version which has nothing to do with race.
Precisely, yes.

Turquoise wrote:

However, what keeps humans from truly behaving with pure reason is culture.  We put up walls between each other due to cultural values that are often irrational.
Indeed. Indeed. We also tear down walls between each other due to cultural values that are often irrational. For example, one could argue, from a purely rational eugenic point of view, that any so called 'undesirable' traits should be heavily discouraged through controlling who gets to mate. However our cultural moral standpoint generally states that the disabled and deformed have as much right to children as the able bodied, 'normally' formed of us.
Wreckognize
+294|6511
lawl chocolate Jesus has a tiny johnson.
agent146
+127|6413|Jesus Land aka Canada

Turquoise wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

See this is why religion is gay. There all pussies. No one can handle a little fun. How could you not see the coolness in a chocolate statue of your savior.
Word. If someone made a chocolate statue of me I'd be honored, unless they weren't faithful to EVERY organ of my body =p
Here, here!

...and let there be a chocolate Mohammed for all the crazies to riot about.
I am roman catholic and i dont' see anything wrong with a chocolate jesus. its not insulting him is it? I mean Easter is a roman catholic holiday and alot of people i meet dont' even know why are we getting a day off from school. Sure it would be weird if one person was going to "eat" chocolate jesus on one sitting. But i think its cool, a priest could bless it and catholics can eat it instead of the wafers for easter mass.
and as for chocolate mohammed ...ZOMG the idea made my laught oOUT load. you need a +1 for that. Omg. can you imagine that on the news? "MUSLIM WORLD ERUPTS IN ANGER! Over chocolate Mohammand"
https://themot.org/gallery/d/2104-1/outrage4yv.jpg
while
https://themot.org/gallery/d/2857-1/AllahKevlar.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6798|PNW

Jesus would've probably liked chocolate.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6682|Brisbane, Australia

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Jesus would've probably liked chocolate.
Jesus probably would've liked milk chocolate. Fuck off with your regular kind.

Anyway, the scuplter said he made the statue trying to depict a happier light of the church.

I personally find no offence to this statue as a catholic, anyone who is, give me one valid reason why you are offended.

Otherwise. Shut the fuck up unless you can do better.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard