Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6256|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
Yay, I got in early and have been offered the position of Commander, the pay increase isn't so great, but the benifits package makes it worth while, I'll take it.
I move into my lovely new office, lying prone in a building near the red-zone somewhere so no-one will find me, put up my picture of the family and my potted plant and begin work.
A few squads have been set-up, I ought to order them to take some flags, but which ones? If only I knew what my enemy was doing.
Wait a minute, I do!

Remember all that time you spent playing not as commander? If you think back to what you were doing then, odds are your enemy is doing exactly that now. From this you know, what flags they probably started at, what vehicles they're going for, and what objectives they have set themselves. Use this information to your advantage.

(Note, this is written based on a Kubra Dam, Road to Jalalabad orDragon Valley type map, where most/all CPs begin capped)

1. Most people will start at an airbase/carrier to plane-whore or heli-whore, this means the front flags will be relatively free in the early minutes of a game. How many times have you played Dragon Valley and the Americans take the nearest two flags almost unchallenged? There's a lesson here for you plane-whores there too.

2. In a no-airbase map or server with some non-plane fetish freaks you might get some clever guys spawning in the first bases laying traps for your incoming units. a quick scan will let you know on this one.

3. All of the bases inbetween their front line and their airbase will be empty. It's a fact, the only reason anyone would spawn at them is if their is a heli-pad at one. Find a squad who's in a blackhawk and order them to take it.

4. So which flags are the most important? Well of course you want to take those nearest to you, the enemy spawning at those will put pressure on you front line right? Wrong! Take any base that provides them with hardware. Again, how many times have you played dragon valley and ordered the taking of the temple rather than the market place? If it's once or more punch yourself. The strategic importance of a locked place of worship over a tank, a blackhawk and a buggy tells us that the market place is better. Think, where would you be spawning; the death grounds of the temple, or the APC providing luxury of the market place?

5. Don't be scared of ordering that squad of one guy to take the enemy's airbase on his own. If you have 2xplanes and the enemy has none all of their jet-junkies are actually going to cry like girls and all of yours will love you like they love that bit in Behind Enemy lines where he drops his fuel tanks to dodge the heat seeker!

6. Remember the phrase "SQUAD UP PLZ" means nothing to lone wolfers, they don't realise that squads exist. Accept the fact that only half of your team are in any way under your control, and that's only if their SLs actually agree with your battle plan. The old "Follow Orders!" spamming will remind them who's boss. That or start a mutiny.

Remember, you are some-one's enemy, so you work like they work, only now you're smarter. Reverse engineer these rules to confuse a clever commander.

1st post guys, let me know what you think. Thanks
Ninja_Kid2002
+119|6256|Floodsville, TN, (UK really)
PS. This should be in "Techniques, Strategies, and Guides, but I'm too stupid to work out how to do that!
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6434|Australia.
Nice guide.

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will move it in given time.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6696|67.222.138.85
Moved, very nicely written.
']['error
Banned
+630|6633|The Netherlands
nice guid! +1
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6799|NÃ¥rvei

']['error wrote:

nice guide! +1
What he said
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
ethrion
+25|6382|Hong Kong @ the moment
I love the opening paragraph! +1 for it.
daemonicust
+4|6232|Manukau
Wicked giude, found it most helpful indeed and a bonus point for not putting in too many big words
iPwnerrrr
Lets go tazy crazy!
+19|6252
Awesome guide +1

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard