Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6477|Trondheim, Norway
Lately, I have really felt like playing some Gulf Of Oman only. The problem is that there are nearly no European ranked Oman only servers. It's the TV2 server. But this one sucks really hard. There is baseraping 24/7, it's discusting, it's not any fun at all. So what about if the Eu server goes Gulf Of Oman only some days, maybe next weekend or so.

My prefered setup:

Map: Gulf Of Oman (64) over and over again.
Max slots: 32 or 40
Rounds per map: Please set this to at least 4 or higher, for us with a bit slow comps it sucks when loading the same map over and over again after just a couple of rounds..
Rules: Old ones, no baserape of course
Vehicles: On of course..
Friendly Fire: I would prefer OFF, but that's fully up to you
Ping limit: I don't know what it's usually on, but please no higher than 150..

Have I forgotten anything? Would you play on this? Anything you wanna add/change on that list?
Hope we can do this.

Emil.
']['error
Banned
+630|6642|The Netherlands
yeah that would be great!
I absolutly love gulf of oman!
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6621|EU

It is great map and I would say that teamplay plays great role here too, but only after there are at least 20+ people. There will be a problem with ping limit, because of fucked up autokick on EU server. Now it is on 300 but still cant kick anyone. Though imo Wake is far better, because USMC can cap airfield and PLA later have no airsupport, which compared to Oman is far on MEC side, because of one known reason- F35 sucks hard. And I dont know how far people will remain on server, when all the time someone is bombing shit out of them.

Must say, that if we put Oman, we should also add Operation Cleansweep because danCer asked for it a while back already. My suggestion then would be to put some air maps for a day or two, depends on popularity. Each map would go for some 4+ rounds.

Problem still is that many players prefer IO than vehicles atm, so you must yell at all of your friends, that there is EU server running air maps and that they have to join in a minute

FF off so we dont have problems with idiots killing on purpose. 40 slots max.

EDIT: spelling

Last edited by sdlettonieCZLV (2007-03-26 06:35:51)

liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK
We could try it for a few days, see what happens.

If it doesn't work then we'll scrap the idea.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands
Oman is a great map except for the fact that the carrier is getting raped contantly. You d kick the 2 j10 pilots for raping the carrier and 1 minute later 2 new pilots were back, raping the carrier.

I dont know how much rounds of oman i spent babysitting the carrier but it were alot. In the end all the admins got so tired of it that we took it out of the rotation. Compared to other maps, there's alot more attacks on the uncap on oman for some strange reason.

I d say just try it out and see how it goes.

Last edited by Echo (2007-03-26 08:44:32)

Emil
Teh strogg!

Echo wrote:

Oman is a great map except for the fact that the carrier is getting raped contantly. You d kick the 2 j10 pilots for raping the carrier and 1 minute later 2 new pilots were back, raping the carrier.

I dont know how much rounds of oman i spent babysitting the carrier but it were alot. In the end all the admins got so tired of it that we took it out of the rotation. Compared to other maps, there's alot more attacks on the uncap on oman for some strange reason.

I d say just try it out and see how it goes.
well it's no j-10s on Oman

sdlettonieCZLV wrote:

Must say, that if we put Oman, we should also add Operation Cleansweep because danCer asked for it a while back already. My suggestion then would be to put some air maps for a day or two, depends on popularity. Each map would go for some 4+ rounds.
Yeah I would like CleanSweep/Oman

Edit: When will you try then? To the weekend? Hopefully tomorrow or wednesday, cus I just thought about that I am going away for the weekend So I don't get to play then...

Last edited by Emil_the_Slayer (2007-03-26 09:22:27)

Echo
WOoKie
+383|6717|The Netherlands

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

well it's no j-10s on Oman
Then it must be migs, sorry i havent played oman in maybe 6 months so excuse me for the mix up.
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6725|Germany

Short and simple: Oman is an admin's nightmare. Baseraping on bothsides, and since the days of full BF2 servers (no matter what settings/maps) are over, you might have to kick and ban too many players.

In those days, the main goal is to keep the server populated as good as possible.

Sad but true.

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2007-03-26 12:09:59)

Emil
Teh strogg!

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

Short and simple: Oman is an admin's nightmare. Baseraping on bothsides, and since the days of full BF2 servers (no matter what settings/maps) are over, you might have to kick and ban too many players.

In those days, the main goal is to keep the server populated as good as possible.

Sad but true.
Set it to 32 slots, then you won't get so much to do, and write clearly: ABSOLUTELY NO BASERAPE, BASERAPE = BAN or something like that in the scrolling, and make it show up often.
TheOneAndOnlyX
Banned
+36|6372|Florida, USA
discusting..... It's actually disgusting
Emil
Teh strogg!

TheOneAndOnlyX wrote:

discusting..... It's actually disgusting
Okay, I will remember to next time

But I'm a bit disapointed you didn't give us your opinion when posting.
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

Yeps a Oman/Cleansweep is try-able. The time limit of 90 should stay for clean sweep as this round can be very long with 5vs 5 (supposing you are getting it filled).

But true about oman being baserape. With the current amount of admins this is probably manageable. I would suggest round-bans for raping, else no-one will be allowed on the server anymore ^ ^
Emil
Teh strogg!

De_Jappe wrote:

Yeps a Oman/Cleansweep is try-able. The time limit of 90 should stay for clean sweep as this round can be very long with 5vs 5 (supposing you are getting it filled).

But true about oman being baserape. With the current amount of admins this is probably manageable. I would suggest round-bans for raping, else no-one will be allowed on the server anymore ^ ^
So can you get this up tomorrow? Please, please, please
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6582|England
YES

64 player map.

32 slots.

10 Rounds per map.

FF = Off

/perfection

EDIT:

Who said summin about it being an MEC rape fest? After all my 100s of hours of playing Oman, id pick US anyday.

1. The Cobra [pwns] the flying supermarket.
2. The Essex [pwns] IGLA.
3. The F35 [pwns] SU.

F35 vs Mig can be a bit tricky... depends on the skill of the pilots.

Further proff:
In F35
https://img48.imageshack.us/img48/5853/screen180ll7.jpg

In Cobra
https://img162.imageshack.us/img162/7005/screen184ms7.jpg

IMHO, Oman is an odd map. It can turn for either side VERY quickly, or it can just end up as a stalemate between the first row of island flags and the second.

Either way, me likes it.

Last edited by =Karma-Kills= (2007-03-26 13:34:14)

stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6477|Sheffield-England
perhaps 32 player? i dnt like 40.... too many people
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

liquidat0r wrote:

Let's try Oman on Friday
Emil
Teh strogg!

De_Jappe wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Let's try Oman on Friday
Crap I'm going away on friday right after school.

You better make it a succes guys cus I wanna play Oman Only on the EU server when I'm back! 
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6466

De_Jappe wrote:

liquidat0r wrote:

Let's try Oman on Friday
Requesting Clean Sweep! This location.
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Hallvard
+262|6520|North Norway

hmm.. I used to like Oman before.. will try to join on Friday.. I think I finally managed to patch up the game without it being fucked
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

Oman/Clean sweep 4 rounds each map? (otherwise the long loaders, like me are always ending up looking how all flags are almost captured )
FF off so there is no M95 friendly ejection
I would suggest still 40 players, they are big maps, and it will not be easy to fill it in the first place.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6621|EU

De_Jappe wrote:

Oman/Clean sweep 4 rounds each map? (otherwise the long loaders, like me are always ending up looking how all flags are almost captured )
FF off so there is no M95 friendly ejection
I would suggest still 40 players, they are big maps, and it will not be easy to fill it in the first place.
^^ just my opinion
though dont know if I be there on weekend, GF is planning some stuff...
danCer
teh m0nsta
+314|6713|Germany

De_Jappe wrote:

Oman/Clean sweep 4 rounds each map
Otherwise I'm pissed.
*withcartman's whiny voice* Nooooeee I requested clean sweep earlier....
De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6525|Belgium

That's true, so it should be Clean sweep/Oman then
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6725|Germany

Clean Sweep, I love that map...
...as long as I'm commander. Know some nice spots to hide
(FuShe is even better)

Last edited by Mike<Eagle23> (2007-03-27 10:04:25)

Emil
Teh strogg!
What about setting that up today?

(cus I'm fuckin gone next weekend )

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard