Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

After many weeks of not being able to play 2142 due to Vista being too laggy + being too lazy to install XP, I finally installed XP again on Friday. I install 2142 and NS, and on Saturday (I installed late Friday night and had to call MS support twice since my installation ID wasn't valid) I opened up 2142 hoping to rape in the Goliath and Hachimoto.

I was shocked. Could this booster pack be dead so soon? Even Armored Fury and Euro Force lasted longer! Most of the servers were in fucking Netherlands or Germany; the hit detection is bad enough, don't make me play with 120 ping too!

And so I come to you, members of the BF2S forums, to ask: What are good NS servers in the US and Canada? By "Good" I mean under 50 players (I lag like shit with anything more), and preferrably not titan. Good teamwork and good adminning is MANDATORY.

Thanks.

edit: Yes, I did find some US servers, but there was less teamwork there than the Insomnia 365 Wake Island server before BFROE took over.

Last edited by Hurricane (2007-03-25 15:42:40)

JovesApples
+4|6446|USA
yea... i had decided to wait and buy NS if there were actually any servers running it. so at launch there were like 300 and i went ahead and grabbed it.

now there are fewer than 50... still i think it was a good deal. 10 unlocks that are relatively easy to get.

as with ANY server, i usually join, and if its laggy AT ALL, i check my ping, which is usually below 50. i check others ping, are any close to 200? even 1 can screw the server. if not, its the server hardware and i go and find another server.
ReDevilJR
+106|6344
Is it just me, or is NS the most laggiest bf version yet? My computer can handle it, it's just the server's computers can't i think. especially with the larger maps, ex, 64 person maps, it gets lagged.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6623|Washington, DC

JovesApples wrote:

now there are fewer than 50... still i think it was a good deal. 10 unlocks that are relatively easy to get.
Not so easy when you can't play in the first place =p

Come on there's a shitload of Americans and Canadians on this forum, one of you have to know a good server.
Magius5.0
+106|6374|UMass Amherst
What is everyone on about?  I've seen Northern Strike servers pretty much everywhere.  Sure they might be overseas, but I generally get good ping (note to self: I'm never leaving University).
JovesApples
+4|6446|USA
most servers i find that are "good" disappear after a few days. maybe they go private, maybe they go back to vanilla rotation, whatever.

you just have to go by the guidelines i presented. someone living in California may not consider a server in Chicago or Canada a good server, but someone in Indiana will probably determine these servers are the best because they get a 30 ping on them.

i think the main factor is the hardware the server is using, and to a lesser degree the ping of other players on the server. moving the Titan... lol. it may cause lag if the server cannot cope with it. if thats the case try another server.

if your NS install is laggy, i recommend that you delete the 2142 folder under My Documents.

C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\My Documents\Battlefield 2142

the folder is around 30mb, its all the configuration settings. next time you start 2142 it will rewrite the entire folder; you will have to setup your account and graphic settings again... but its better than a full reinstall and has the same effect.
siciliano732
+202|6642|New York
regular 2142 and NS maps mixed but good server....

75.126.80.241:16567

hoc|clan Heroes of Combat
paul386
+22|6238
OBC (Old Bastards Clan) is a great NS server. 64 players, Assault line + Titan, Light Rules, FF Off, Admins are not abusive. On top of that there is good ping and little lag.

That is where I do a lot of my playing.

Last edited by paul386 (2007-03-26 16:16:47)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard