Slickfish
+24|6623
Guys I have a question, im not trying to bad mouth anyone I would just like your opinion on this.

The other night we where on our infantry only server, a clan joined with perhaps 4-5 members on.
Over a round they all moved onto the same team, no problem really.

Our server runs a no bunny hopping rule, they where jumping about, they where all warned 4 or 5 times.

In the end it resulted in a kick, however the admin who kicked them couldn’t be bothered to type a reason so booted them for TK as it’s the first on the list.

They went ape sh*t, telling us to f*ck off etc.

One rejoined and start going on and on, trying to get a response, saying the where going to report us and get the server unranked etc etc etc, as its not a proper reason for a kick(best we could understand their English was worse than mine).
Just to add our guys where split over both teams and the guy who kicked them was on the same team as them.

Anyhow they say they are going to report us on here www.bf2rankedservers.com

Ok what I want your opinion on, whats the possible impacts to our server, could they get it unranked for such a stupid reason??.

And is a no bunny hopping rule against the ROE??.

Im just kind of after the opinion of the bf2 comunity on it.

Last edited by Slickfish (2007-03-23 05:41:41)

Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6756|Hell, p.o box 666

ROE doesnt longer exist afaik... EA itself deals with it nowadays... And although the no bunny hopping rule is bs imo, you dont have to fear any consequences... Just a whining bunch of idiots dont bother with such low lifes.
Flaming_Maniac
prince of insufficient light
+2,490|6707|67.222.138.85
Don't worry about your server, nothing will happen to it.
Dragonclaw
+186|6305|Florida
Nothing will happen to your server but if you run a no bunnyhopping rule no skilled player or clan will ever join your server.

Last edited by [NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] (2007-03-23 05:48:26)

Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6806|Orlando, FL - Age 43

Sl4y3r wrote:

the no bunny hopping rule is bs imo
imho as well.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6809|Marathon, Florida Keys
lol, no bunnyhopping rule.......Just shut your server down yourself.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
Dragonclaw
+186|6305|Florida

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

Harsh but true. I like it xD
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6302
If they break your server rules. Then yes, They deserved to be kicked.

And no your server can not go unranked for enforcing your rules.

Last edited by Bull3t (2007-03-23 05:55:03)

Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6646
You might as well make a "no attempting to dodge bullets" rule...

Last edited by Ajax_the_Great1 (2007-03-23 05:58:51)

Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6328|105 RVK
no bunny hopping, ewww. Go play AA.

Only rules on my clan severs are:
# Rude messages or insults to other players.
# Spawncamping without attempting to capture a flag.
# Spamming messages.
# Repeated votings.
# Too many teamkills
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

/win
Slickfish
+24|6623
Most replys gretaly appreciated guys thanks.

The question wasn't do you like no bunny hoping, but we all have a rite to play the game as we like, there are server to suit most of us.

Ajax_the_Great1 wrote:

You might as well make a "no attempting to dodge bullets" rule...
There's a fine line, you are aloud to jump, if you come under fire then yeah jump to dodge and buy time, but its the people who jump over and over and over, yeah most of the time you can plug them but it take more time so giving other people more time to shot you while your distracted.

We dont just boot people because they jump once and we miss, its part of the game, we boot for people who bounce all fricken over the place.
Drexel
+43|6476|Philadelphia
Don't worry, you're not alone.  Our clan enforces a "No bunny hoping" rule upon our members even if we're in a server full of them.  Those people who need to hop like a jackass are obviously those who have no concept of taking cover.
Chorcai
+49|6648|Ireland

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Sl4y3r wrote:

the no bunny hopping rule is bs imo
imho as well.
sniper09735
+12|6626
Your server is gonna go down hill buddy, here is what the rules of your server should be.  If EA and DICE put it in the game then use it.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6585|Seattle
Its actually quite selfish to pick up a game that you know nothing about, and then run a server where you harass experienced people in the community that have learned more about the game than you.

Rather than imposing your expectations on a bunch of strangers that can beat you at the game, you should show some respect and learn to play the game the way it has to be played.

I mean you may think there are a million choices and good strategies to BF2, but really there are usually a bunch of distinctly right and wrong decisions for each scenario and jumping/sprinting perpendiculr to fire are BF2's infantry chaff/flares. Using those moves buys you a second or so to react to the 3rd guy coming around the corner, etc.

The sooner you quit playing the game like you know all the answers and know how it should be played, the sooner you will learn how to respond correctly to anybody that shows up on your server.

You should avoid using the BF2cc kick commands to deal with players you don't like, and instead learn strategies that work well enough to send them packing. This may involve learning the CORRECT use of the jump key.
da_schmitty
+14|6264
If you bunnyhop, I WILL make fun of you,  but I would never make it a rule that you can't.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6365

killer21 wrote:

/win
qft
=KAW=Mac
+5|6245|STL, MO

Missionless wrote:

no bunny hopping, ewww. Go play AA.
TRUE THAT!!
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6621|Gold coast, Aus.

da_schmitty wrote:

If you bunnyhop, I WILL make fun of you,  but I would never make it a rule that you can't.
Oh, i get it. YOU will make fun of US because you can't aim.
YoBabysDaddy
+31|6824|St. Louis, MO
Restricting movements on an IO server?Thats just weak man,really.
ThaReaper
Banned
+410|6640
I think I was in your server. Do you remeber the tags of the clan? BTW Bunny hopping is the way of the game. Your server will not get any people if they see no bunny hopping because it's he only way in this game to avoid getting shot up.
san4
The Mas
+311|6688|NYC, a place to live

Slickfish wrote:

The question wasn't do you like no bunny hoping, but we all have a rite to play the game as we like, there are server to suit most of us....We dont just boot people because they jump once and we miss, its part of the game, we boot for people who bounce all fricken over the place.
Actually, you only boot people who jump where the admins can see them. In other words, you enforce the rule arbitrarily. A no-bunnyhopping rule can't be enforced fairly, that's why it's a shitty rule.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6438

san4 wrote:

Slickfish wrote:

The question wasn't do you like no bunny hoping, but we all have a rite to play the game as we like, there are server to suit most of us....We dont just boot people because they jump once and we miss, its part of the game, we boot for people who bounce all fricken over the place.
Actually, you only boot people who jump where the admins can see them. In other words, you enforce the rule arbitrarily. A no-bunnyhopping rule can't be enforced fairly, that's why it's a shitty rule.
Perfectly put!  QFT

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-03-23 15:14:23)

Chuckles
+32|6548
Wow, it's just unbelievable how many people on this thread completely miss the point.

In answer to your question though I think you both were in the wrong.  First of all, if you're going to kick people, be a man and tell them exactly why instead of just taking the first reason on the list.  If I had been on with my friends and you kicked one of us and gave some bs answer I'd have been pissed too. 

That said, going off whining to bf2rankedservers is pretty stupid and lame too.  Don't whine, just find another server.  Hell, if a half dozen guys leave one side that's punishment enough, particularly if the guy that did the kicking is on that side.  But don't go whining to your mommy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard