CameronPoe
+2,925|6547
Just uncovered the resignation speech of Robin Cook (RIP), leader of the UK House of Commons, during the leadup to the war in Iraq. Worth watching.

Part One

Part Two (Brilliant)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6521|Global Command
Ah fuck.

I wish he was our president.
*edit

I wish a truth speaking man of dignity would occupy the Whitehouse.

Last edited by ATG (2007-03-21 18:18:44)

Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6647|United States of America
Damnit, I don't have sound here at work.  Not that I speak Englandish anyway.
ATG
Banned

Major_Spittle wrote:

Well lemme just say, that as an American I feel absolutely betrayed by our leaders.

We've be lied to and sold-out.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6359|Columbus, Ohio

ATG wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Well lemme just say, that as an American I feel absolutely betrayed by our leaders.

Where have you been?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA
Great Speech.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6732
Wow great speech, can't say I remember seeing it on the news at the time, but I'm guessing it disappeared under all the other stuff that was happening. (do remember reading about him resigning).

Robin Cook a man of respect and honer, not once blaming Tony Blair or taking cheap shots at the government, while getting his very valid point across.

He is sadly missed as the voice of reason in the Labour Government.

R.I.P

Last edited by paranoid101 (2007-03-21 18:44:31)

Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6460
That was the best speech I have ever heard, it is sad not enough other people thought like him this time four years ago.
ATG
Banned

usmarine2007 wrote:

ATG wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

Where have you been?
Waiting for the next 9-11 like a sucker maybe.
i dunno anymore.
Major_Spittle
Banned
Not to pee on one of Cameron's threads, but I trained a bunch of Irish bloaks and noticed that they were all little pencil necked weiny boys, kinda like most of the people from England you see on TV.  But anywho, I noticed that all my friends of Irish origins that are Americans are all built like brick shit houses.

What's up with that?

Last edited by Major_Spittle (2007-03-21 18:46:07)

ATG
Banned
Better diet. Genetic setback during the great spud famine.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6359|Columbus, Ohio

Major_Spittle wrote:

a bunch of Irish bloaks and noticed that they were all little pencil necked weiny boys, kinda like most of the people from England you see on TV.
lawl
TigerXtrm
Death by Indecency
+51|6360|Netherlands

Great speech indeed.

Tiger
Major_Spittle
Banned

ATG wrote:

Starving potatoes???  WTF are you talking about, the real reason for the starvation was because they didn't realize you could also use sheep as a food source.

Last edited by Major_Spittle (2007-03-21 18:57:00)

ATG
Banned
Sheeps is for love making boi!
Major_Spittle
Banned

ATG wrote:

Sheeps is for love making boi!
Naw, that's just how the Irish tenderize the rump roast.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6728|Salt Lake City

Major_Spittle wrote:

ATG wrote:

Starving potatoes???  WTF are you talking about, the real reason for the starvation was because they didn't realize you could also use sheep as a food source.
I guess they were too busy making sexy time with them to realize they are also good eating? 
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

Major_Spittle wrote:

Not to pee on one of Cameron's threads, but I trained a bunch of Irish bloaks and noticed that they were all little pencil necked weiny boys, kinda like most of the people from England you see on TV.  But anywho, I noticed that all my friends of Irish origins that are Americans are all built like brick shit houses.

What's up with that?
Prob not as fond of cheeseburgers as you guys.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6485|Connecticut

CameronPoe wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

What's up with that?
Tisk Tisk Campoe, you arent usually one to generalize.
Malloy must go
CameronPoe
+2,925|6547

deeznutz1245 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Major_Spittle wrote:

What's up with that?
Tisk Tisk Campoe, you arent usually one to generalize.
I don't really think that. Just a petty retort.
deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6485|Connecticut
lol
Malloy must go
IG-Calibre
comhalta
+226|6734|Tír Eoghan, Tuaisceart Éireann

Major_Spittle wrote:

What's up with that?
Funny that I watched a man from Derry knock the complete fuck out of an American from Minnesota  last weekend in Madison Suare gardens, go figure eh?

crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6646|Teesside, UK

CameronPoe wrote:

Just uncovered the resignation speech of Robin Cook (RIP), leader of the UK House of Commons, during the leadup to the war in Iraq. Worth watching.
Wow not listening to that guy was a big mistake.  Hard to belive this speech was made before the war.

Robin Cook wrote:

Iraq probably has no weapons of mass destruction in the commonly understood sense of the term - namely a credible device capable of being delivered against a strategic city target.

It probably still has biological toxins and battlefield chemical munitions, but it has had them since the 1980s when US companies sold Saddam anthrax agents and the then British Government approved chemical and munitions factories.

Why is it now so urgent that we should take military action to disarm a military capacity that has been there for 20 years, and which we helped to create?  Why is it necessary to resort to war this week, while Saddam's ambition to complete his weapons programme is blocked by the presence of UN inspectors?  Only a couple of weeks ago, Hans Blix told the Security Council that the key remaining disarmament tasks could be completed within months.

I have heard it said that Iraq has had not months but 12 years in which to complete disarmament, and that our patience is exhausted.  Yet it is more than 30 years since resolution 242 called on Israel to withdraw from the occupied territories.  We do not express the same impatience with the persistent refusal of Israel to comply.

I welcome the strong personal commitment that the prime minister has given to middle east peace, but Britain's positive role in the middle east does not redress the strong sense of injustice throughout the Muslim world at what it sees as one rule for the allies of the US and another rule for the rest.
Braddock
Agitator
+916|6282|Éire

MajorSpittle wrote:

What's up with that?
You're mighty Mike Tyson got retired by an Irish man who wasn't exactly pencil necked and weiny. I can guarantee you Major the gang of Irish guys you claim to have trained are not indicative of the average Irish man's physical build. Same way that all Americans are not obese slobs. Me and all most of my mates take weight training very serious and I'm at the absolute optimum of my body mass index.

Not that that really matters as you're comment was pretty much just a flagrant invitation to a flame war!
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6654|USA
"Best Resignation Speech" with boxing videos in it. Nice derailment. Boooo!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard