weamo8
+50|6450|USA
I searched, but found nothing.

I would appreciate any tips.  When do you use it effectively?  In what situations is it preferable to a grenade?  Please let me know.  I am searching for a reason to use it, but I haven't found a good one.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

The thing sucks balls.  Big ones.  Just use a grenade, and spare yourself the anger.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6482|Belgium
I think it supposed to be used in titan corridors if u dont have grenades anymore and there are like 20 of em in a tight space ..... very rarely they nerfed it from the beginning
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6639|Germany
I use it for destroying the consoles
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Cubefreak666 wrote:

And how many does that take you?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Janysc
+59|6690|Norway
I think it can be used to clear explosives, such as RDX and APM's. It's also useful for annoying walkers.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6475
It is the best thing for people camping in the titan vents. Unlike grenades the ESP won't bounce out onto a teammate and get you -3 points.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6716
Is the blast radius less than the regular RDX?   I have never seen anyone use the clark RDX.

Retalliation[1337] wrote:

I think it supposed to be used in titan corridors if u dont have grenades anymore and there are like 20 of em in a tight space ..... very rarely they nerfed it from the beginning
How would you run out of granades?  Your Support!

Last edited by cheshiremoe (2007-03-20 13:17:24)

kptk92
u
+972|6415|tc_london

cheshiremoe wrote:

Is the blast radius less than the regular RDX?   I have never seen anyone use the clark RDX.
No. If it did, it'd be whored so much. In fact, you proabably need to waste a whole clip trying to kill a moving target, even more.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6716

kptk92 wrote:

cheshiremoe wrote:

No. If it did, it'd be whored so much. In fact, you proabably need to waste a whole clip trying to kill a moving target, even more.
Is the range any better than throwing a granade?  Guess I will not be working twards that unlock then.

Support still has the Best NS unlock anyway (Infantry Sonar)
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

I guess disappointment comes from premature expectation. I would imagine many thought this would be like a lobbing RDX whore fest. In fact its a very useful, although not in toe-to-toe conflict.

Like someone else said, its good for consoles, clearing out the cubbies of the titan, and effective against FAVS. Just think of it as a tool and not a weapon.
weamo8
+50|6450|USA

Cubefreak666 wrote:

I am a dumbass.  I didnt even think to use it on consoles and cores.  That is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks bro.  +1
l41e
+677|6655

Use it long-range like a grenade launcher or for clearing out enclosed spaces you just can't get the grenade into.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6729|Eastern PA
It's good to use to cya or to scatter foes during an assault.
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6723
In my opinion, all the clark RDX is is a really nerfed underbarrel GL that fires a sticky nade. You aim and fire it just the same. Even if you lay down on the projectile that it shoots, it will still only deal about 70 damage. That's the problem with it. The only redeeming factor of it is that it can shoot the nades a rather long distance.

It's good for lobbing explosives between titan vents, but that's about all.
Commando
+8|6609
I can see why its not too powerful, C4 chucking was rampant in BF2 in the early days. So can anyone answer the question how many shots of an PDX Shotgun it takes to take out a console? Too lazy to try it for myself
weamo8
+50|6450|USA

Commando wrote:

I can see why its not too powerful, C4 chucking was rampant in BF2 in the early days. So can anyone answer the question how many shots of an PDX Shotgun it takes to take out a console? Too lazy to try it for myself
Good question.  If no one else answers, I will try to find out tonight and I will post here tomorrow (if I remember).
Brasso
+1,549|6638

weamo8 wrote:

Commando wrote:

Good question.  If no one else answers, I will try to find out tonight and I will post here tomorrow (if I remember).
I only asked that in Post #6.
zeidmaan
+234|6422|Vienna

It would have been better if it exploded on impact. I dont see any use of it sticking on everything before exploding.
Commando
+8|6609

zeidmaan wrote:

It would have been better if it exploded on impact. I dont see any use of it sticking on everything before exploding.
Agreed
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6534|Singapore

zeidmaan wrote:

yup. but retain the damage just in case whiners start their usual tasks...
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6500|N. Ireland
Titan Corridors, or destroying a console. 12 of them do it lol.
Commando
+8|6609

leetkyle wrote:

Titan Corridors, or destroying a console. 12 of them do it lol.
Yikes. If anyone can get 12 shots off before an enemy arrives, good luck to you! Ill stick with RDX
Cubefreak666
I kill you in future, too
+34|6639|Germany
Dunno how many it takes to destroy a console, I threw 2 Grenades and 4 shots from the RDX shotty, but this was on a FF off server, so it may be useful, if you are support and the only one from your team, because you cant stand in front of it and throw grenades.
weamo8
+50|6450|USA

haffeysucks wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

Commando wrote:

I only asked that in Post #6.
My bad.  I just responded to the one closest to the bottom.

Anyways, it does take 11 or 12 RDX's (like someone else already posted), and that thing takes a while to reload.  I think the GANZ is probably a bit faster at destroying consoles.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard