deeznutz1245
Connecticut: our chimps are stealin yo' faces.
+483|6490|Connecticut
Right, it sure shows he has the best interests of his constituants in mind. This guy is nothing more than a professional politician, seeking power and money. He is a freaking one worlder trying to swindle his way into the club and will sell us out as his idiot followers cheer him on. I am so sick of dirty politicians democrat and republican alike, but WTF? This guy waited about 45 seconds before he started fucking people. Do like the rest of 'em and wait until you are the president. Check out this link............http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17165679/ . Some kid cant get tuition assistance and he's off playing fucking patty cake with grandma at our expense.
Malloy must go
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6402|North Carolina
Perhaps, this is a sign that politicians should have to fully pay for their own travel expenses.
deeznutz1245
+483|6490|Connecticut

Turquoise wrote:

Perhaps, this is a sign that politicians should have to fully pay for their own travel expenses.
Good call. That or take a military flight and ride with the grunts, maybe they can learn something.
Malloy must go
Turquoise
O Canada

deeznutz1245 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Good call. That or take a military flight and ride with the grunts, maybe they can learn something.
That could work too....
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6526|Global Command

deeznutz wrote:

This guy is nothing more than a professional politician, seeking power and money.
Aint that the truth.

It's really pathetic that he is dubbed a " rock star ".

I remember his speech at the convention. The press dubbed him then a " rising star ".

Fucking puke brained empty suit, imo.

The only thing more dispicable than his liberal politics are the people lining up to support him just because he is black.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6625|IRELAND

Is it cus I is black?/joke
race card has been played

Last edited by JahManRed (2007-03-17 18:53:38)

Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

deeznutz wrote:

This guy is nothing more than a professional politician, seeking power and money.
Aint that the truth.

It's really pathetic that he is dubbed a " rock star ".

I remember his speech at the convention. The press dubbed him then a " rising star ".

Fucking puke brained empty suit, imo.

The only thing more dispicable than his liberal politics are the people lining up to support him just because he is black.
I'd prefer Nader personally, but I know he'll never get elected.
ATG
Banned
Nader?
You are a liberal.

I want Tom Tancredo.

http://tancredo.house.gov/
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6642

JahManRed wrote:

Is it cus I is black?/joke
race card has been played
yeah that might be it I think lol they dont like him because he is black sad but true.
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

Nader?
You are a liberal.

I want Tom Tancredo.

http://tancredo.house.gov/
Liberal, conservative, populist, libertarian...   who cares?  I just want somebody in power that isn't a lackey to corporations.

Seeing as how that isn't possible, I guess we might as well put Cheney in there.  Give the people the corruption they continue to elect.

Why pretend this is really a system with more than one choice?...  It's just different shades of corruption.  Nader is the only candidate who hasn't been bought, and because of that, he'll never win.
ATG
Banned
Perhaps he's been bought by the enviromentalist?

I always advocate for third party doods because the system we have blows.
deeznutz1245
+483|6490|Connecticut

Turquoise wrote:

Why pretend this is really a system with more than one choice?...  It's just different shades of corruption.  Nader is the only candidate who hasn't been bought, and because of that, he'll never win.
There are some others on both sides of the spectrum, but very very few. And you are right,they will never get elected. +1
Malloy must go
Turquoise
O Canada

ATG wrote:

Perhaps he's been bought by the enviromentalist?

I always advocate for third party doods because the system we have blows.
Environmentalists usually don't have that much money.  Granted, Al Gore is rich.

I will acknowledge that much of the global warming thing involves using fear against people.  I guess it's hard to separate hype from fact.

Admittedly, the big government approach of Nader is something I often conflict with him on, but the main reason I'd love to see him as president is because he'd veto the vast majority of things Congress tries to pass.  Gridlock is a good thing, when the majority of what government does is a waste of lives and money.
ATG
Banned
Gridlock ftw.  +1
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6598|132 and Bush

+1 just for the title..lol

Almost as funny as this.
https://tampastorm.smugmug.com/photos/116568826-M.png
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6460|meh-land
I'd rather have nader than a democrat or most of the republicans, why?

because he is one of the few politicians out there who believes in what he says he believes in
Bush?  He says one thing, does it halfway, and then stops, and lets it sit there and ferment
democrats?  say one thing, say another, it makes no difference, because you just have to believe what they want you to believe

Obama has simply risen up and done exactly what everyone thought he would do, the guy's gonna get torn to shreds by hillary and then...  bye bye obama
Fen321
+54|6495|Singularity
"However, other freshmen also took trips - both foreign and domestic - funded by private groups, which Obama does not accept. If Coburn's privately funded trips are included, his total travel amounts to nearly $29,000 for the two years, more than any other freshman."

Did i miss read something or is this guy -- Coburn -- the higher spender . If we aren't arguing about who spent more, but who spent more of the US tax dollar then -- you can't argue its Obama.

"Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., for instance, spent more than $61,000 on just taxpayer-subsidized trips during 2005-2006. Sen. Richard Lugar, the Indiana Republican who was then chairman of the committee, spent more than $94,000 in combined taxpayer- and privately funded trips."

So what is the point of this debate?
RasorX
+17|6740|Indianapolis
OH NO!!!!!!!!!

Not 14 thousands dollars a year of tax payer money so he can educate himself to better help the American people!!  As inert as Congress has been these past 6 years, maybe more of them should be going abroad and actually seeing what the rest of the world is up to. 

The article doesn't even say he's the most costly world traveler, just the "most costly freshman".  And when you consider all of the scandals republicans have been getting into for using TAXPAYER MONEY TO GO ON VACATIONS AND BUY THEMSELVES SHIT you'd think this wouldn't even hit most people's Give A Shit RADAR.

Christ, doesn't anyone just step back and assess before going on semi-full blown rants?
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6472|Foothills of S. Carolina

"Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., for instance, spent more than $61,000 on just taxpayer-subsidized trips during 2005-2006. Sen. Richard Lugar, the Indiana Republican who was then chairman of the committee, spent more than $94,000 in combined taxpayer- and privately funded trips."

I would be curious to know what Mr. Kerry's combined trips cost. And think what Deez was getting at was that some people cant get education loans, yet a senator can fly to his fathers homeland and have a reunion.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6772|Noizyland

It's fucking politics. Get used to it.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Canin
Conservative Roman Catholic
+280|6472|Foothills of S. Carolina

Ty wrote:

It's fucking politics. Get used to it.
QFT!
Turquoise
O Canada

Fen321 wrote:

"However, other freshmen also took trips - both foreign and domestic - funded by private groups, which Obama does not accept. If Coburn's privately funded trips are included, his total travel amounts to nearly $29,000 for the two years, more than any other freshman."

Did i miss read something or is this guy -- Coburn -- the higher spender . If we aren't arguing about who spent more, but who spent more of the US tax dollar then -- you can't argue its Obama.

So what is the point of this debate?
Good points...  I guess the point of the article is to smear Obama.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6539|Texas - Bigger than France
I really don't have a problem with a guy spending money to travel to learn about what is happening.  Of course, if all the trips are to Vegas, then you get to wonder...
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6559

Your source wrote:

Obama's journeys are unusual for such a junior senator, but not for someone thinking of a presidential run someday.
How many of the others are running for Pres?
LOATHE YOU
Banned
+0|6249
Hmm. Another election on the rise. Another game of choose the loser from the group of losers.
Puppet(s) also fits well into that sentence.

Lost before the game started.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard