Master*
Banned
+416|6511|United States
I often get a weird crash that appears to be caused by Ventrilo.  Ventrilo will crash first.  Then the BF2142 will minimize (sometimes it doesn't).  If I maximize the BF2142 process, the game appears but I have NO HUD display.  I can't select a kit, spawn point, or view anything in the HUD.  I can access the BFHQ screens, but Logging out and logging back in does not correct the problem.

Its been happening more often lately after i installed a windows update yesterday.
[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6674|perv
Had this very same problem before, and its fucking annoying.

I reinstalled and repatched and it was fine
GeoEnvi
+22|6703|Philadelphia, PA
I had the same problem and posted a thread months ago that was generally ignored (so I won't bother scolding you for not using "search").  Ventrilo would crash and cause the same graphical issues, especially while flying in air vehicles.

Here's what I've done in the meantime to minimize the problem.

1) Update sound card drivers.  I have on-board audio (Realtek HD Audio).  I downloaded and installed newest drivers and that seemed to help.... somewhat.... about 75% reduction in crashes.

2) Update to 1.2 patch.  After installing the 1.2 patch, the problem seemed to eliminate about about 10% more of the crashes.  However, after instaling NS, the problem resurface in all it's glory. So....

3) Uninstall 2142/1.2/NS.  Then reinstall 2142/1.2/NS.

All systems go and working without the Ventrilo crash.  I can even fly in choppers again!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard