Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Agreed...
Failure only happens when people quit trying. There are millions of people suffering every single day in that region. It is a fine line between pessimism and delusion but we must always try to have faith in the good in people. Try and remember that the majority of the pain and turmoil there is caused by the actions of a few. It only takes a couple bad apples to ruin the pie. Hope and chance have sustained humanity for 650 thousand years. Imagine what our ancestors were feeling during the great wars. They did not accept annihilation, neither should we. We must force ourselves to be optimistic although I know it is challenging.
Well, my take on what you've said is that Israel and the Muslims need to be more cooperative and optimistic with each other.  We don't belong in this conflict.
No we don't.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6422|North Carolina

Fen321 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I thought we had all already agreed with my point that this is stupid to talk about... they will NEVER work together, let them kill each other all they want.
I say the United States just give the Jews Puerto Rico and be done with it..
lol wtf?

I hope this wasn't in the least bit serious, but in case it was....wow..haha I'm at a lost of words how you can offer up a country much like Palestine to the "Jews" and not some how see the parallel to what was done in 1948 in Palestine.
I know what you're saying, but honestly, I think things would have turned out better if we had carved out a chunk of Wyoming for the Jews.  No one would try to kill them there, and no one would be displaced from the land (since the Indians were already gone).
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Fen321 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Vilham wrote:

I thought we had all already agreed with my point that this is stupid to talk about... they will NEVER work together, let them kill each other all they want.
I say the United States just give the Jews Puerto Rico and be done with it..
lol wtf?

I hope this wasn't in the least bit serious, but in case it was....wow..haha I'm at a lost of words how you can offer up a country much like Palestine to the "Jews" and not some how see the parallel to what was done in 1948 in Palestine.
It was a joke of course. You know since Puerto Rico is a US territory.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
JahManRed
wank
+646|6645|IRELAND

Kmarion wrote:

Actually for most of their years they stood with the likes of Yasser Arafat 1969–2004.

Regarding your last statement

I wear my political beliefs on my shoulders just like most do in this forum. It is in this way we can grow and better understand ourselves and the people we effect. Being passionate about something does not mean you have to be polarized. You need to approach another persons beliefs with an open mind and good attitude. We may differ on our opinions and the ways we handle ourselves, but make no mistake about it Americans are still unified as a people. There are Americans that can't stand our President but they love their country. So long as challenging each other does not stand in the way of progression, encouraging others to speak out for what they believe in is a good thing and it shows the thriving confidence in freedom. It is people who live in fear and repression that tend to keep thier beliefs hidden and "not on their shoulders".
I agree that there are people like your self in the states (i know allot personally...California ftw!!!Ive traveled enough to know.) who can see through all the bullshit. yes. But for every Kmarion with their own interpretation there is a 1000 billybobs who will believe any shit thats shoveled at them. Its the same in my country. I know some billy bobs.
Not being funny, but Any chance you could comment on the other parts of my post of which the end piece which you commented on was an after thought.?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Sure..
This one?

JahManRed wrote:

What because a people who's land is occupied contrary to international law have grievances with their occupiers and their financiers and want to express it? I suppose you agree with beating American anti war campaigners of THEIR streets so Bush and is motorcade don't have to see them? There is no comparison between fanatics seeking power and ethnic cleansing and a peoples trying desperately to regain their land.
The media always shows the crowd of people chanting death to Israel and America but you never see footage of the children blown to bits from 20 000 feet 20min's earlier by an American made, Israeli commanded and piloted F 18 which brought the people onto the streets in the first place. This propaganda is then used to justify Israels actions. Ever seen the footage of Israeli 5 year olds righting messages of hate on bombs which are to be dropped on Palestinian towns and villages killing Palestinian 5 years olds? It works both ways although few Americans will admit it.Its always poor poor Israel. If you care to admit it or not, to you Israeli blood is much more precious than Palestinian blood and thats what it boils down to.
I have grievance with the IRS and illegal immigrants occupying our land but I am not out burning Mexican flags and chanting death to the IRS. As far as the media, you seem to have the predetermined misconception that our government controls our media. In my country we not only have freedom of the press but the right to freedom of speech and expression is also alive and well. In our mass competitive capitalistic market I assure you that coverage of the Palestinian struggle is shown. I have seen you post similar statements about selective news coverage before and to be honest it is so absurd I ignored it in the past. Anything that is shown on your TV can be shown on mine as well. To me it sounds as if someone is giving you the Kool-Aid. To say we value one humans life over another is not only insulting it is prejudice. To be completely honest it's not that Americans don't care about the Palestinians. We tend to take the side that the whole situation is screwed up. The problem is we are not asking questions about why our government is giving over 2.4 billion dollars annually to the Israelis. It is because of this people assume shit like Americans don't care about dead five year old Palestinian kids. I have never in my life EVER heard an American remotely say anything resembling "Israeli blood is much more precious than Palestinian blood ". The situation is overwhelming to us as well, and to the average American who works a 40-60 hour week while trying to raise a family it all seems to be something they can not personally handle. Most Americans prioritize their families over quiting their job to go lobby a congressman in DC. It's much easier to think we don't care.  Everyone needs a Demon to blame, the worlds most powerful/wealthiest nation will have to do. This conflict has been going on for over a thousand years. Long before there ever was a United States.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-17 19:31:36)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6578

Kmarion wrote:

Israel, by virtue of its being Jewish and of having a Jewish population, defies Islam and the Muslims.  “Let the eyes of the cowards not fall asleep.”
Actually, I think it has more to do with the whole mass murder thing the Zionists were into after WWII.  In fact, Muslims are told to protect "Peoples of the Book".
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6618|132 and Bush

Bubbalo wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Israel, by virtue of its being Jewish and of having a Jewish population, defies Islam and the Muslims.  “Let the eyes of the cowards not fall asleep.”
Actually, I think it has more to do with the whole mass murder thing the Zionists were into after WWII.  In fact, Muslims are told to protect "Peoples of the Book".
I hope you understand that is not me you are quoting but rather an excerpt from the Hamas charter.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

Kmarion wrote:

Charter of Hamas.

"Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it."

Hamas's charter calls for the eventual creation of an Islamic Republic in place of Israel.

Doesn't exactly sound like they recognize Israel.

Don't forget:

Hamas charter Article 7 wrote:

The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees,  and  the rocks and trees will cry out: 'O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him.
But then you have to remember HAMAS have come a long way over the past 20 years. They are a very different organisation today than they were then.

Bubbalo wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

And before WWII.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-03-18 15:58:19)

rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6577
Why is it so complicated. Palestinians:"We will never recognize Isreal, first chance we get we will destroy them"
Israeli's: "We will let you be if you let us be but you wont so lets dance""

Simple as that.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

Why is it so complicated. Palestinians:"We will never recognize Isreal, first chance we get we will destroy them"

Simple as that.
It's not as simple as that. Not by a long way.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

rawls2 wrote:

Simple as that.
Israel: "I will never let you be yourself by yourself".
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6559|Texas - Bigger than France

Bertster7 wrote:

But then you have to remember HAMAS have come a long way over the past 20 years. They are a very different organisation today than they were then.
Different like the using C4 instead of dynamite?

I hate both sides, but I guess I lack rose colored glasses in this one...

Not to derail here, but in Iraq I hear people talking about washing our hands of the situation and let civil war decide.  Isn't it the same thing with Israel & Company?
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6577

sergeriver wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Simple as that.
Thats a load of hogwash.
It is way more plausible to see Israel withdraw and let the Palestinians become their own state than it is to see Hamas and Fatah lay their weapons down.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

rawls2 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Simple as that.
Thats a load of hogwash.
It is way more plausible to see Israel withdraw and let the Palestinians become their own state than it is to see Hamas and Fatah lay their weapons down.
Do you really think that?  You are too naive, no offense dude.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

rawls2 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

Simple as that.
Thats a load of hogwash.

You have some very strange ideas about Israel.
Pug
Circular logic, neither side is going to lower their weapons first.

Of course the first step would have been to keep the cease fire in place, and also easying relations instead of going back to the same rhetoric.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Pug wrote:

Of course the first step would have been to keep the cease fire in place, and also easying relations instead of going back to the same rhetoric.
Look, I know Palestine is guilty too, but Israel is the powerful here, Israel is oppressing Palestinians, Israel is the one asking to boycott the new government of Palestine, even when the US says it will talk with them.  Israel doesn't want to sort this out.
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6344|Brussels, Belgium

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Look, I know Palestine is guilty too, but Israel is the powerful here, Israel is oppressing Palestinians, Israel is the one asking to boycott the new government of Palestine, even when the US says it will talk with them.  Israel doesn't want to sort this out.
Not Israel, it's government.

But, hopefully, Olmert and his government will fall soon.

If Yithzak Rabin was able to do it, someone else can do it too.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6598|SE London

Lost Hope wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Until the Zionists kill them.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Lost Hope wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

And he was killed by a Zionist.  That's the problem, extremists from both sides won't deal with each other.
Pug

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Of course you faiedl to recognize that I actually was talking about BOTH the Palestinians and the Israelis.  You would think that they would have taken more steps to ease tensions.

There hasn't been a change since the ceasefire, except they aren't shooting at each other...oops wait a minute:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070319/wl_ … ians_dc_21
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6774|Argentina

Pug wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Pug wrote:

Of course you faiedl to recognize that I actually was talking about BOTH the Palestinians and the Israelis.  You would think that they would have taken more steps to ease tensions.

There hasn't been a change since the ceasefire, except they aren't shooting at each other...oops wait a minute:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070319/wl_ … ians_dc_21
I know you talk about both sides, but Israel has a greater responsibility, since it's the powerful one in this story, and the Palestinians are living like shit coz of Israel's oppression.  How would you feel if you were a Palestinian?
Lost Hope
Lurker
+20|6344|Brussels, Belgium

Bertster7 wrote:

Lost Hope wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Until the Zionists kill them.
Well, after the assassination of Rabin, I think that they are aware of the zionists.

Did you noticed all the bodyguards around Sharon and Olmert ?

They don't want another Ygal Amir to mess things up.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/9c9f8f6ff3579a4c711aa54bbb9e928ec0786003.png
rawls2
Mr. Bigglesworth
+89|6577

sergeriver wrote:

rawls2 wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Thats a load of hogwash.
Do you really think that?  You are too naive, no offense dude.
Why I think this to be true:
Israel is one collective people. What comes from the top is followedas far as laws are concerned.
Palestine has no control over its military wings be it Hamas or Fatah.
So why is my statement so hard to beleive.
Pug

sergeriver wrote:

I know you talk about both sides, but Israel has a greater responsibility, since it's the powerful one in this story, and the Palestinians are living like shit coz of Israel's oppression.  How would you feel if you were a Palestinian?
Ok, so as long as a side is weak then they can do no wrong?

The bottom line is that no one is forcing a resolution to this problem, including those involved.  It's useless to pick sides.  I feel sorry for both the Israelis and the Palestians, but the bottom line is they are a bunch of fuckups.

I once read somewhere on this forum that "all the Palestians have are rocks" and the Israelis have tanks.  Well, it looks like they have some mortars.

In this case, the world begins to loosen the sanctions on Palestine.  The world begins to care a little more about them.  So the new government is essentially the same, and Israel blasts out rhetoric.

Result: mortars.

How about not fucking shooting mortars and bring the fucking Israelis to the table to talk about growing old together?

Can't do that?  Too much history?  Well then fuck them both.

Give me a break Serge.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard