Linus
+53|6660
Yes, its true. Punbuster is useless for Bf2. I am not aware of its ability for 2142, but for BF2 it is
and always has been a sham. 

A well known aimbot/radar hack for BF2 that came out within a couple weeks of BF2's release
still works to this day.  I will not post its name, nor its website, as its easily distributed on a website
for download.  Its videos are shown on youtube. It begins with the letter 'M'.  I have seen posts by
persons claiming this hack was thwarted over a year and a half ago, however this is not true. There is
an entire clan using it on a ranked server every day. I have repoerted this hack, as well as players
who bragged about using it in forum messages to EA on at least 20 occasions.  I have submitted
screenshots, fraps video, as well as text forum messages from those users and nothing has been
done.

This hack has dozens of functions, including hitscan aimbot.....enemy in players view his crosshair
stays on target. Also, colored player tags through walls and objects giving the hacker ability to see
all enemies behind objects as far off in the distance as his wants.  According to this aimbots readme
file, it also has the ability to keep your opponent from firing back at you when your crosshair is on
him.  This hack has been downloaded now 2800 times from this one website alone. I have seen this
hack being used personally not by myself but by friends who tell me its been working since they
bought the game 18 months ago.

I agree, most people dont cheat. I agree, without evidence you shouldnt accuse someone whos
beating up on you, but my point is even with evidence, even with admitted use, even after reporting
players and servers over 20 times, nothing has changed. 

Punkbuster is useless. A waste of time. They have been practically ineffective against hacks since its
beginning in not only Bf2 but every game they have been involved with.

Even if only 1 out of 50 players use hacks and cheats, this is much too high....Is very common for a
player to compete against 50-100 differant players daily. Thanks EA for another sub par effort.
Ki][mE
OMG H4XOR!
+51|6571|I'm a Viking....Norway
nope. punkbuster isn't useless. recently many users of that hack from M.. got their ass GUID banned, thanx to punkbuster. just ask my friend, he had to spend 16$ on a new cd-key
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6575|NYC / Hamburg

Yay? I have never had a problem with hackers in bf2 or 2142 so apparently the system works ok
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6578|United States
Punkbuster has always and will always be a complete joke in the fight against hacking. They try to cover way too many games with a small staff of people... completely ridiculous. Now, Punkbuster does stop a percentage of hacks out there which IS something, but the percentage is so small. Hackers ruin online gaming and I'll never understand why any mature person would want to cheat. I can understand why kids use them... some suck and think they'll never get caught... they just want to be admired as a good player. Pathetic. All hackers are caught eventually, but I would absolutely LOVE to see a magical Punkbuster release that stopped every single bot. Wow, what a different game BF2 would be... how many respected players do you know might get busted with that?? I bet it was really surprise you.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6793|Anaheim, CA

Punkbuster isn't the best, but it's better than nothing and not COMPLETELY useless.  Our clan is signed up with punksbusted.com, and to date we have caught 37 hackers on our servers . . .
https://www.punksbusted.com/psbsig/psbsig.php/7767.png

Last edited by GuliblGuy (2007-03-15 02:33:47)

r2zoo
Knowledge is power, guard it well
+126|6604|Michigan, USA

GuliblGuy wrote:

Punkbuster isn't the best, but it's better than nothing and not COMPLETELY useless.  Our clan is signed up with punksbusted.com, and to date we have caught 37 hackers on our servers . . .
http://www.punksbusted.com/psbsig/psbsig.php/7767.png
Agreed

Punkbuster isn't the best, and to be honest their pretty much the only company providing that kind of a service.  If you can't beat a cheater, then honestly your not a good player.  Most people using said cheats rely solely upon them, and pretty much sucks when they get suprised or you actually use some accuracy.  I play CS, and I know how it is to play with cheaters, its not fun, but when youve got several thousand servers to choose from you just move on, bitching is gonna get you no where.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6590|MANCHESTERRR
Dont play it then, jesus christ.
GuliblGuy
Zulu son, what!?!
+79|6793|Anaheim, CA

r2zoo wrote:

Punkbuster isn't the best, and to be honest their pretty much the only company providing that kind of a service.  If you can't beat a cheater, then honestly your not a good player.  Most people using said cheats rely solely upon them, and pretty much sucks when they get suprised or you actually use some accuracy.  I play CS, and I know how it is to play with cheaters, its not fun, but when youve got several thousand servers to choose from you just move on, bitching is gonna get you no where.
True, it sucks but there are plenty of other servers.  We pride ourselves on not having hackers on our servers, but it's scary to think there are hacks out there that can't be picked up by punkbuster or random screenshots of players screens.
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6335|105 RVK

Linus wrote:

A well known aimbot/radar hack for BF2 that came out within a couple weeks of BF2's release
still works to this day.
stupid child. every patch changes whatever it is hackers edit so it cant be used in 1.41 -__-

and here is a tip: take PB screenshots if you think evry1 is hacking
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6608|132 and Bush

http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/memb … amp;html=1
I wouldn't say "useless". That is just BF2.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6443|UK

Missionless wrote:

Linus wrote:

still works to this day.
stupid child. every patch changes whatever it is hackers edit so it cant be used in 1.41 -__-

and here is a tip: take PB screenshots if you think evry1 is hacking
certain hacks produce clean screenshots so its not a case of ohh take a screenshot

for example the "M" mentioned produces clean shots.

why are we refering to it as "M" btw im prety shure most people know what it is
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6331|Graz, Austria

Linus wrote:

Punbuster
Whenever I read a cheap joke I activate Punbuster.
That'll teach people to develop a funnier humor.

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-03-15 03:01:20)

Dragonclaw
+186|6313|Florida
MSX sucks ass. The only hack thats undetected begins with a T. There are over 15,000 members on that website. Of those between 10,000-14,000 have the hack. Thats about 14k hackers using an undetected hack in BF2. Dont bullshit me or anyone with this "no hackers in bf2" shit. But thats 14k people using T.. Thousands more use shitty MSX. Thats more hackers in the game. Those 14,000 hackers populate the popular servers. Most hackers are easily noticed on Inf only karkand. Others are less easily found because they use vehicles etc or play on large maps where long distance kills wont be noticed as much.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6697|London, UK
The BF2142 hacks i dont think work for T and M at the moment, but for BF2, M well and truly get busted while with T its a different story but pb still ban they just buy new cd-keys...undetected i dont think so..

Last edited by bullit (2007-03-15 04:53:53)

rgraze
+6|6680
Its not useless,  How else can I get booted from a server b/c it failed to load a pb bag.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6309
Keep in mind. Punkbuster updates itself. Thus catching cheaters.
Dragonclaw
+186|6313|Florida

bullit wrote:

The BF2142 hacks i dont think work for T and M at the moment, but for BF2, M well and truly get busted while with T its a different story but pb still ban they just buy new cd-keys...undetected i dont think so..
"T" has been undetected for several months already.
iMPaCT.uK
+72|6504|UK , Birmingham
http://www.punksbusted.com/cgi-bin/memb … amp;html=1

you could say its not completely useless with the 4000+ global bans

Last edited by iMPaCT.uK (2007-03-15 07:26:23)

Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6471|meh-land
actualy 187 recently added in screenshot protection

this means its harder to get pb screenshots, but if punkbuster catches them they get a hardware ban
punkbuster works pretty well considering how small of a staffing they have and how many games they have to patrol
Zukabazuka
+23|6693
Well when the total amount of players are about over 300900 I think its more cheater than that.
(cob)mikko
+21|6452|finland
don't care if somebody use hack! they use hack because they suck!
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6476
First off much less than 1/50 bf2 players use hacks. Also BF2 hacks are very hard to make, unlike CSS or CoD2 hacks. Hacking is a problem in all games, but BF2 much less than others. There are only six types of hacks for BF2, aimbots, wall-hacks, radar hacks, and various types of commander hacks. While in CSS invisiblity hacks, no-recoil hacks, speed hacks and many other types exist. Also BF2 hack's are more expensive than in CSS or CoD2. Punkbuster is far from prefect, but it is much better than anything else. VAC, the anticheat software in Valve's games is the worse PoS ever, it defects very little hacks and is just crap.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6501|N. Ireland
who cares. they want attention so by doing this you are giving it to them.
Zukabazuka
+23|6693
5 hacks for BF2? Hahahahahahaha

* Vector AIMBOT (customizable aimpoint/aimkey as well as many custom features)
* Hitbox AIMBOT (Head/neck/body/cheast/groin/stomach)
* TV Missle AIMBOT (See movie here) http://video.google.com/googleplayer.sw … &hl=en
* Friendly Chams (configurable colors)
* Enemy Chams (configurable colors)
* Compatible with Special Forces, Euro Forces and Armored fury.
* Colored Mines/C4/Claymores
* Enemy Mine/C4/Claymore Warning Display
* Custom Crosshair (configurable size and color)
* Full 3D Map (shows all friendly and enemy assets on 3D map)
* Minimap Hack (shows all enemies on the minimap)
* Minimap Kits (shows enemy kit icons on the minimap)
* Nametags (shows all enemy nametags)
* Healthtags (shows enemy health and armor bars)
* Player Distance (shows how far away an enemy is)
* Tags Distance (configure how far away enemy tags are displayed)
* No Flash/Shellshock (removes stun effects from flashbangs and arty/nades)
* TV Guided Missle Static Removal
* Increased Viewdistance (customizable levels)
* Nightvision (night maps are made MUCH brighter)
* No Fog, sky, water
* Cartillery Macros (one click to insta-spam artillery on your foes!)
* XQZ and ASUS Wallhack
* Full ESP
* Time/Date Display
* Commander Hack (unlimited arty/supplies/vehicles - even if you aren't commander!)
* Zoom Hack (3 Levels)
* Target Info (displays important info on the current target)
* Teamswitch (switch teams with the push of a button)
* Clean local and remote punkbuster Screenshots
* 100% Punkbuster proof. You will never get caught
* Health ESP - Shows you how much heatlh enemy has
* Aimbot adv features - Auto aim or Auto shoot, norecoil nospread autowall
* 5 crosshairs
* Save / Load Function - Lets you keep your favorite settings one click away

Those are avaible for BF2, and that's not a smal list for sure. I'm not sure but Valve once released how many they have banned, was over 10000 or so. Under a month was it, it only bans for known cheats not anything else. VAC forum get almost every day about 10 topics about people who says they havn't cheated.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6446

Zukabazuka wrote:

5 hacks for BF2? Hahahahahahaha

* Vector AIMBOT (customizable aimpoint/aimkey as well as many custom features)
* Hitbox AIMBOT (Head/neck/body/cheast/groin/stomach)
* TV Missle AIMBOT (See movie here) http://video.google.com/googleplayer.sw … &hl=en
* Friendly Chams (configurable colors)
* Enemy Chams (configurable colors)
* Compatible with Special Forces, Euro Forces and Armored fury.
* Colored Mines/C4/Claymores
* Enemy Mine/C4/Claymore Warning Display
* Custom Crosshair (configurable size and color)
* Full 3D Map (shows all friendly and enemy assets on 3D map)
* Minimap Hack (shows all enemies on the minimap)
* Minimap Kits (shows enemy kit icons on the minimap)
* Nametags (shows all enemy nametags)
* Healthtags (shows enemy health and armor bars)
* Player Distance (shows how far away an enemy is)
* Tags Distance (configure how far away enemy tags are displayed)
* No Flash/Shellshock (removes stun effects from flashbangs and arty/nades)
* TV Guided Missle Static Removal
* Increased Viewdistance (customizable levels)
* Nightvision (night maps are made MUCH brighter)
* No Fog, sky, water
* Cartillery Macros (one click to insta-spam artillery on your foes!)
* XQZ and ASUS Wallhack
* Full ESP
* Time/Date Display
* Commander Hack (unlimited arty/supplies/vehicles - even if you aren't commander!)
* Zoom Hack (3 Levels)
* Target Info (displays important info on the current target)
* Teamswitch (switch teams with the push of a button)
* Clean local and remote punkbuster Screenshots
* 100% Punkbuster proof. You will never get caught
* Health ESP - Shows you how much heatlh enemy has
* Aimbot adv features - Auto aim or Auto shoot, norecoil nospread autowall
* 5 crosshairs
* Save / Load Function - Lets you keep your favorite settings one click away

Those are avaible for BF2, and that's not a smal list for sure. I'm not sure but Valve once released how many they have banned, was over 10000 or so. Under a month was it, it only bans for known cheats not anything else. VAC forum get almost every day about 10 topics about people who says they havn't cheated.
I watched the TV missile aimbot vid.  Pretty weak there.  I don't know if I would call that an aimbot, since he steers it and when he tries to shoot at the jet, it just continues on it's course after he misses, until he corrects and goes after the tags.  I think that vid is more just names than it is an aimbot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard