Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
So I was on the NN server on the USMC on Wake Island.

I make a squad called Jet Drop.

I tell people to join it, they refuse saying I'm stupid.

I TK for the jet to do a jet drop (some dumbass general was in there thinking he could make some sort of difference).

I parachute down to airfield and tell my fucking team to suicide and spawn on me.

They say "WTF, WE LOSE 2 PTS OMG NO".

I die from 20vsMe on the airfield.

I spawn back on carrier and proceed to TK until I get banned.

Wow, stat idiots FTL.

Who's right and who's wrong, you tell me.
Alpha as fuck.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA
Same as ever.

Your wrong to tk because you didn't get your way. Sounds like punching the kid in 3rd grade because his show and tell toy is better.

Your also wrong to think your were going to play wake with a coherent US team.

Your jet drop strategy IS the way to go on that map so your right there. Same on Clean Sweep.

Last edited by Mason4Assassin444 (2007-03-09 17:51:59)

-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6551|Melbourne, Australia.
Youll never, ever be able to get 'delay spawns' on a public server, unless playing with clan members.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6600|Washington, DC

Wow, he didn't say "I'm right, you're wrong."
TTyg
+1|6290
IMO, jet dropping is one of the only strategies that works on Wake Island.  The way that map is set up is almost impossible for the USMC to get a foothold and take the Island, just like in reality.  This map is not set up with both sides having an equal chance to capture.  I like Wake, but I can only take a few rounds of it before I either get utterly bored or frustrated.  I am not a jet or an armor whore, so I have to wait and pray my team either has a flag or my squad leader has made it onto the Island.
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6643|Australia
If there is a definite way to describe the term "noob"... its Wake Island.

Unless you have someone of some experience on the map, or high rank or any ability, then do not expect them to do shit.

So I suggest after you tk'ed the general in the jet that you should have just used it yourself.

(Or similarly shouldnt have jumped at airfield, you should have jumped at nth base or beach.)

Ps. Before the wake lovers flame at me for calling them "noobs", my time on the map justifies my call.
l41e
+677|6618

Isn't this about the fifteenth time you've posted a topic whining about how your team didn't go your way and how everyone else is teh sucxx0r?
Invaderzim
Chicken wing?
+49|6418|Newcastle NSW Australia
64 Player wake servres are gay. 32 Player is a slight impprovment but it has to be the most unbalanced map in the entier game.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6364|The Gem Saloon
your first bad was tking, your second bad was trying to cap the airfield. dont be so greedy and at least grab beach first, or even north village.
and if i was in your squad and watched you tk someone to take the jet and bail over the airfield and THEN tell me to suicide....i would probably tell you to kiss my ass.
but in fact i would have already been in the BH about 350 meters above the action letting my squad spawn in on me and bail.....oh and i wouldnt have tked someone for the blackhawk either.....oh well, just different playing styles i suppose.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6298

Wake Island is total shit thanks to Ea/dices plan to have only ONE jet and ONE black hawk at the start of the game. I would love to meet the guy who coded that map and take THREE of his wheels off of his car and let him see how far he gets with just ONE.

If anything should be fixed in a new patch...They should have both f-35's spawn on the carrier like on Dragon Valley. If not that, they should atleast have TWO blackhawks there ready to go at the start.

Also, The carrier doesn't get nearly as raped when you have two guys in the essex's guns. I've taken down many J10 WHORES (I define J10 Whore as anybody with a rank higher then Captain and plays only for the Jet) Anyway, I've taken my whores down with the far essex gun.

All YOU should have done Nyte, is FIND the Z10, HARRASS IT, make it smoke to head back for base...Find the J10, or let them find YOU. Give them hell, and harrass them. Before you get blown up, bail out onto the island. This gives your team and your guys in the blackhawks/boats some time.

This is the way this map should be played. Whoever is in the F-35 should NOT go on bombing runs all over the map and straff infantry (only at the airfield to keep the j10's off the ground.)

I are aresome.
Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
Marinejuana
local
+415|6555|Seattle
jet dropping on the airfield is for infantry leet enough to handle it. maybe if nyte wasn't a noob he could take control of that airfield. but for average-skilled, but moderately or highly intelligent people, jet dropping alone on the beach or south base (for tank) is the way to go. its basically impossible to fail. listen to silver, u cant depend on delay spawns. in general, u cant count on your teammates to fill any important role on wake (or any map besides maybe karkand). which is why u either need to spend the whole round personally holding or stealing the airfield, preferably with a tank, or you need to spend the whole round in a 'tertiary' vehicle raping the shit out of everybody. under these conditions the average wake team can possibly survive.

btw, i always assume nyte's threads are just trolling but its fun to reply anyway.

Last edited by Marinejuana (2007-03-09 18:16:43)

pebblebash
Banned
+9|6247

Nyte wrote:

I TK for the jet to do a jet drop (some dumbass general was in there thinking he could make some sort of difference).

I parachute down to airfield and tell my fucking team to suicide and spawn on me.

Wow, stat idiots FTL.

Yes, they're stupid, but you're "wrong" for thinking you can actually persuade some random kids from a pub to come in your squad, and do something tactical that makes a difference to your team winning / losing.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway

Im_Dooomed wrote:

Wake Island is total shit thanks to Ea/dices plan to have only ONE jet and ONE black hawk at the start of the game. I would love to meet the guy who coded that map and take THREE of his wheels off of his car and let him see how far he gets with just ONE.

If anything should be fixed in a new patch...They should have both f-35's spawn on the carrier like on Dragon Valley. If not that, they should atleast have TWO blackhawks there ready to go at the start.

Also, The carrier doesn't get nearly as raped when you have two guys in the essex's guns. I've taken down many J10 WHORES (I define J10 Whore as anybody with a rank higher then Captain and plays only for the Jet) Anyway, I've taken my whores down with the far essex gun.

All YOU should have done Nyte, is FIND the Z10, HARRASS IT, make it smoke to head back for base...Find the J10, or let them find YOU. Give them hell, and harrass them. Before you get blown up, bail out onto the island. This gives your team and your guys in the blackhawks/boats some time.

This is the way this map should be played. Whoever is in the F-35 should NOT go on bombing runs all over the map and straff infantry (only at the airfield to keep the j10's off the ground.)

I are aresome.
Agreed

Nyte: You are wrong, you should leave the jet to someone who can use it. And you are wrong because you cant tell people what to do on any server. Well, maybe the nabs should have listened to you, but they never will and after playing this game so long you should know that by now.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6493|the Netherlands
i always am SL or Commander ... i know USMC is horror then ... all spwning OVER & OVER on CARRIER !!!

USMC can win if they move quickly towards airfield,  if chopper pilots can create squads and fly HIGH so squadmembers can halo jump and capture it ... by the time we have airfield Spec Ops destroy CO assests ,Sniper clay area round beach , Jets bomb Tanks !! troops in RIB's go to south and north base , if USMC can hold Airfield ... they win !! Take out the bridges !!! Go go go !!!

A Hooah!
Andoura
Got loooollllll ?
+853|6609|Montreal, Qc, Canada

Tjasso wrote:

i always am SL or Commander ... i know USMC is horror then ... all spwning OVER & OVER on CARRIER !!!

USMC can win if they move quickly towards airfield,  if chopper pilots can create squads and fly HIGH so squadmembers can halo jump and capture it ... by the time we have airfield Spec Ops destroy CO assests ,Sniper clay area round beach , Jets bomb Tanks !! troops in RIB's go to south and north base , if USMC can hold Airfield ... they win !! Take out the bridges !!! Go go go !!!

A Hooah!
pretty rare no
shiner980
+1|6233
That is a pretty rare sight, most of the time it is like going solo into air, or flag hopping and hoping not to die, though it is nice to occasionally play a real team game with a whole squad securing flag after flag, though not often, but it happens (with USMC as long as there are no artillery on carrier....that is annoying)
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6712|London

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Your wrong to tk because you didn't get your way. Sounds like punching the kid in 3rd grade because his show and tell toy is better.
Sweep.
He didn't tk because "he didn't get his way" he tked because some noob was going to take off in the jet, fly around a bit then get crashed or shot down.

Then everyone gets raped on the ship for the whole round. He did what he did for the team and for the win, that's what I would have done.
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

Ah, the wonders of Wake whores.  They never cease to amaze me. As a result, they keep me away from their shitty, unbalanced, full of spiteful arrogant, teamkilling 13 year old kids games.
ssonrats
+221|6615

Nyte wrote:

WOW, you can't beat 20 guy's on your own...suprising
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA

Dauntless wrote:

Mason4Assassin444 wrote:

Sweep.
He didn't tk because "he didn't get his way" he tked because some noob was going to take off in the jet, fly around a bit then get crashed or shot down.

Then everyone gets raped on the ship for the whole round. He did what he did for the team and for the win, that's what I would have done.
For all you know the guy he tk'd could have been the #1 jet whore in the world. He'll never know though.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida

Nyte wrote:

Wow, stat idiots FTL.

The only thing stupider then those people were your following actions
15 more years! 15 more years!
LividBovine
The Year of the Cow!
+175|6350|MN
I for one completely agree with Nyte (except the team killing at the end.  Very effective tactic, if you get help.  Only takes 3 people to make the flag drop pretty fast.  I have tried to do this with the jet many times.  Only had people spawn on me 3 times.  When they did, wow it was fun squeezing the PLA off the map.  I have taken the Airfield several times without any help as well.  You have to remember that in the first couple minutes everybody is getting in their vehicle of choice, or whatever is left over, and vacating the airfield.  If you get there right away you own the place.
"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation" - Barack Obama (a freshman senator from Illinios)
Janis_Petke
\m/(><)\m/
+49|6663|Brunei Darussalam

ssonrats wrote:

Nyte wrote:

WOW, you can't beat 20 guy's on your own...suprising
I was thinkin the same thing. He should be able to do it with 10 bullets.
NO|FEAR
+1|6282
I never intentionally tk a team mate. However, if you tk'd me for the jet at the beginning of a round, it would then be my sole goal to hunt you down and tk you back once or more times before leaving the server. Sorry.

Other than that, you have a good plan.
cMD-RR
+17|6257
dont play wake

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard