NoGodsNoMasters
+6|6347
My first impression was that there is too much shit in too small of spaces. While trying to maneuver around while in gun battles and such I kept getting hung up on curbs, or spaces where the ceiling and floor are too close together and I get stuck. Having to do too much jumping just to get around and over stuff.

The first map I played was walker & engineer madness. Motion mines EVERYWHERE.

What did you think?
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6386|Norway | Unkown
Havn't tested it yet, as im currently are at school.. I'll post my impression when I get home and tested it
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6709|The Hague, Netherlands

well, I just got it now,

Leipzig... dark and I didn't really know where to look but it was an ok first impression for me,

then Batavia... Love it, big, snow, lots of things to do, goliath/walkers/speeders, almost everyone is engineer but what do you expect,

anyway haven't played Remagen yet, we'll do later.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6497|Singapore
havent got it yet
jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

My first impression is it should have came out later in the day ... I could have been to work early today

ontopic: Speeders are quick, but I think they should be a little less sensitive to terrain bumping damage.

Last edited by jsnipy (2007-03-08 04:09:13)

Thoruz
+42|6297|Germany

jsnipy wrote:

My first impression is it should have came out later in the day ... I could have been to work early today

ontopic: Speeders are quick, but I think they should be a little less sensitive to terrain bumping damage.
when i tried to pull off the thing they did in the first vid in the end my speeder exploded hehe

NS is cool so far
i like lepizig and battling with the goliath
SmilingBuddha
You laughin' at me, bitch?
+44|6619|Hong Kong
Can anyone post a video?
kachunkachunk
+8|6360|Ontario
I really enjoyed the new maps... and that Goliath is a lot of fun to hunt down.
All-in-all, however, I have some difficulty controlling that new speeder. I think I'll have more luck once I get a new PC, as it was a pretty populated server with a lot going on. Didn't run too bad, but it's still not as smooth as it should be. Made me miss a few shots here and there, or get too chopped up to know what was going on.

Also, this game's clipping is retarded. I hate how you get stuck behind crap so easily... and you can't jump over it unless if you go back and get a running start at it. Happens in vanilla BF2142 maps and in this new booster.
Clipping is always a problem in games... either the stupid guy can't walk up a slope, or some tiny curb stops you from getting up, requiring you to hop a foot (12 inches, not your appendages) over it to move on.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6526
Couldn't resist having a go before I went to work this morning (!!!). THought it was pretty darned impressive. Played bridge at Remagen assault lines. Great scenery and great scope for some serious battles. THe Goliath seemed pretty crap and the Hachimoto, which I thought would be crap, was actually pretty decent. Already got an unlock after collecting a badge!
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6359|New York
^^ Same. Had to play at least one round before work. I only played Ramagen Titan, but the map was good. Lots of vehicles in a small area = pretty intense fighting. the Hachimoto is really good. caught me by suprise once while i was in a walker. Before i realized where the damage was coming from, the walker was just about dead. The low profile makes it hard to spot. Already recieved a badge from the booster, and unlocked the boots.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6539|Mountains of NC

so far only played Leipzig- assault lines ---- -can't wait to get home

I liked Leipzig (nice to have a dark map) and the concept of assault lines is nice
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Buzerk1
+44|6807
I played 2 maps, I like it... plenty of snow, it feels like home LOL
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6686
Had to play 1 round right after it released at midnight my time last night and had a blast. Have only played Bridge at Remmagen (assault lines), and it was indeed an engineer fest with 2 walkers a side + goliath and Hachimotos.

Hachimotos are cool and not to hard to control if your used to the PAC tank cause it manuevers the same way just faster.

Picked up 2 badges during the round. and had fun exploring the new map...

One thing I did notice, my squad leader and I tried to steal their Goliath and we couldn't... not entirely sure why, maybe a setting, but wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6464|N. Ireland
Goliath = Shameful Disappointment!
I expected a Pilum shot to take off say 10 damage maximum, but it can take up to 20. Frankly, 3 Pilum guys will easy take this out.

Hachi=Fantastic!
Hard to control but rocks.
SGT_Squirtle
+13|6686

leetkyle wrote:

Goliath = Shameful Disappointment!
I expected a Pilum shot to take off say 10 damage maximum, but it can take up to 20. Frankly, 3 Pilum guys will easy take this out.

Hachi=Fantastic!
Hard to control but rocks.
Not so sure about that on the Goliath, I did get a Goliath kill last night but it was me in a rail gun shooting it in the rear + 2 guys with Pilums and we had to hammer it for what seemed like forever.

those blue glowing panels that allow it to self heal make it tough.
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6693|Eastern PA
Played Remagen on titan mode. Had a blast...WALKER MADNESS!!

EDIT: Almost got the fucking Gold Titan Destruction Badge, but got whacked right as I placed RDX on a 1% core. Took a problem solver pin as a consolation prize.

Last edited by Masques (2007-03-08 11:54:01)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
First impressions . . . hmmm . . ..

The new maps are a lot of fun and designed nicely.   The Hachimoto speeder is a lot of fun.  The rotational nade launcher is devastating, haven't played around with the anti-vehicle missile on it yet.   

The Goliath is cool, but not as indestructible as it was hyped to be.  3 Engineers with Pilums can easily take it out. 

So far I hate Assault Lines mode, but only because of a terrible admin last night.  I'm sure I'll like it on a properly admined server.  At the beginning of the round, my team spawned in a corner while the other team had all the other flags and the nearest flag is the enemy uncap!  The admin was letting them spawncamp us so we didn't have a chance. 

On Titan mode all the maps are a LOT of fun.  Port Bavaria is my favorite so far, but I haven't played Bridge at Remagen yet.  These maps have more buildings, so the infantry fighting seems to be better than the vanilla maps.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
From what I'm guessing the point of the goliath is that you need teamwork to defend it as well as to kill it, so instead of those 3 engies pounding away on it any of the people who can spawn from the goliath can kill the engies and everyone's happy again.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6660|London, UK
Oh man I love the goliath it takes forever to destroy lol and when driving it you have a 1 shot 1 kill shotgun with a grenade launcher for those damn engineer nubs. The other maps are awesome to I especially like how on assault lines you get to cap all the flags and then the last one you can my team was waiting to cap that last flag but did'nt realise the other team had manage to capture them so there we were in the goliath raping

Last edited by bullit (2007-03-09 08:38:50)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6359|New York

bullit wrote:

Oh man i love the goliath it takes forever to destroy lol and when driving it u have a 1 shot 1 kill shotgun with a grenade launcher for those damn engineer nubs, and the other maps are awesome to i especially like how on assault lines u get to cap all the flags and then the last one u can my team was waiting to cap that last flag but didnt realise the other team had manage to capture them so there we were in the goliath raping
'Damn engineer nubs'? Riiight. The goliath is in no way a safe haven. If you get a good group of engineers, you don't stand a chance. It's a big, slow moving target that is very easy to hit at long distances with the pilum.

PS. Please go back to school and learn how to write.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6416|The Land of Scott Walker
Let's try to keep it nice, boys.   I did hop out and blow away some Engi's with my Voss, but when there's a walker hitting the Goliath, too, it's rather dangerous.
bullit
Tank Troll
+71|6660|London, UK

heggs wrote:

'Damn engineer nubs'? Riiight. The goliath is in no way a safe haven. If you get a good group of engineers, you don't stand a chance. It's a big, slow moving target that is very easy to hit at long distances with the pilum.

PS. Please go back to school and learn how to write.
wtf is wrong with my spelling? Yes they were engineer nubs and whenever do you get a load of engineers working together?

I edited what i thought was wrong but if its cause of u=you sorry but....

Last edited by bullit (2007-03-09 08:39:30)

seraphite86
+1|6444|Florida
The Hachimoto is fun to drive and hauls ass while the Goliath is the EU's Hummer. I swear the first time I took the Goliath uphill in Ramagen, an hour already went by.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6419

Shall I buy it now? xD
miss dugm
+0|6233
played a round of Remagen, i liked the glacial cityscape.  i wasn't sure if i was seeing apc's or the goliath, i assume the goliath looks quite different from an apc, so..

sort of silly, but i thought the clumped lumps of sloughing snow off of ledges and such was a cool touch.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard