224th R0ck3tpack
Hostile pansy spotted!
+8|6474|NH
One thing I can't stand about the sport is the constant flopping to try and get a foul. Then when a player does fall on the ground they flail around like they are dying clutching a knee, but three seconds later they'll be up on their feet as if nothing ever happened. Don't get me wrong I love watching it, I am American BTW, I think the players are extremely skillful. This is just one reason I prefer American Football over its English brother. American Football has both skill and toughness. I know the standard comeback for you English boys will be well Rugby is just as tough, I am not saying Rugby is not tough, because I don't know much about the game, but one has to admit that American Football definitely has much larger players, only a few are steroid enhanced, and the pads allow much greater contact and more fast-paced action, again not that Rugby is any less of a sport because I don't know much of it. I just enjoy the strategic planning of American Football to English Football's. Anyway I thought I would just share my thoughts on English Football, not to hurt anyone's feelings , please leave feedback and try not kill each other on the comments . Thanks!
Ninja_Monkey
I TK For Blackhawks
+60|6610|UK
yea they do like to act hey if everone does it, it don't matter much cause any decent ref will just yellow card them

edit: i hate the rugby respounse if in rugby u got nailed like they do in american football they wouldnt be so hardcore

Last edited by Ninja_Monkey (2007-03-07 13:59:17)

Elite-uk/2
+1|6306
English football is well.......just better
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6695
Listen to me now:......

Do not ever compare English Football to American Football.
1.)It is not known as English Football, simply football, you Americans stole that one.
2.) They are two entirely different sports - Football-Feet- AF- Hands
3.)You don't know enough about football even to cast this judgement..footballers need balance, strength, great  footeye coordination, agility, endurance, skill, elegance.
4.) Amercian Footballers need --muscles-- i.e which requires more skill??
5.)Rugby>AF simply because Rugga players arn't pussies.
6.)Why am I so offended? I love football

Awaits Zimmer's post

Last edited by ..teddy..jimmy (2007-03-07 14:05:35)

jord
+2,382|6724|The North, beyond the wall.
Diving is looked down upon,don't think everyones okay with it.

I used to play Goalkeeper for my Primary school,(this is before i started playing Midfield) and i broke my finger.

My school manager just told me to stay in the net because everyone at my school wasn't very good at it.
He didn't know it was broken,neither did i until 2 days later.

Edit:The point of the end bit is to try and say English football players aren't pussies,people have carried on with broken legs and shit.

Last edited by jord (2007-03-07 13:58:09)

NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
+375|6387|Atlanta, Georgia
AF: 300lb Linebacker hitting a 200lb Quarterback and breaking his back isnt tough? hmmmmm. Running Backs and Half backs need all the skills ..teddy..jimmy described to. Its not an easy sport to play in. I know because this is my 4th year playing it. But we all have our opinoins and i like American football better. But thats just me.
UK|Hooligan
Seriously, fuck off.
+103|6734|"The Empire"
I'm English through and through, love football and have traveled all over Europe to watch it, the English way however is not about diving, but the English Premier league has now a majority of foreign players , which to be honest is accepted in other countries such as Spain, I'm not saying there are not any English who do dive, but the majority don't and we don't accept it as football fans from our own players, but the need now for wining is so high now, that's all people care about!!!

As for American football I don't understand it so could not comment as to what it is like.....
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6695

NeXuS4909 wrote:

AF: 300lb Linebacker hitting a 200lb Quarterback and breaking his back isnt tough? hmmmmm. Running Backs and Half backs need all the skills ..teddy..jimmy described to. Its not an easy sport to play in. I know because this is my 4th year playing it. But we all have our opinoins and i like American football better. But thats just me.
B.S, Build up some muscles and with some speed its easy.. Whenever I watch it half the bloody time there is a timeout or a complete standstill..ZZZZzzzzzz
224th R0ck3tpack
Hostile pansy spotted!
+8|6474|NH
Look, I know they are entirely differnet sports, they just seem to be compared alot on this forum so I put them together, I said "footballers" had lots of skill, AF players do not just need muscles or else it would just be something like the World's Strongest Man competition; there is a ton of skill involved that you do not seem to get, Af players are far from pussies they play hurt year round and always don't complain about it. Why am I so offended? Because you have no knowledge of AF.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6801|Scotland

Diving is done everywhere and anywhere.
There are rumours that C.Ronaldo actually practices his fake diving before the match, so he can get as many penalties and free kick as possible.
Diving is now integrated into the sport. Yes, it has made it shit, but it has made good actors out of it.

Why the hell are you even comparing both sports? You cannot do such a thing, I would see the point in comparing American Football to RUGBY. But football/soccer? Yeah...right. You CANNOT compare 2 completely different sports. One is complete contact, uses hands, is only played in america, has very different rules. Football/soccer is played with feet, it is only partial contact and is compeltely different in every aspect.

Fast paced action? Tougher players? Better games?
Erm.... * cough * .... what is the most widely watched sport in the world? I think you will find it is football. What is the most highly paid sports job in the world? Football. What is the most played, competitive sport in the world? Football.
Now, I am not trying to kill you or make negative comments. But what you said is utter bullshit ( sorry ). American football is only for americans, and even at that, more than 50% of americans turn to watch soccer.

Rugby... I personally hate the sport, so the comeback for "it is a tougher sport" is this : Who really cares? Is it about toughness or is it about skill, teamwork and fun?

I do know about AF, i have watched it, it is a nice slick game to watch, but you gotta see it differently. Football is meant to be a NON-CONTACT sport, no wonder people flail and complain and fall to the ground. They are not built for full on tackling with the shoulders and arms. It is a game of passing, skill, power, speed and teamwork. Not one that requires 20 pounds of muscle on you.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6695

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

Awaits Zimmer's post
*Wait ended*

Appluads Zimmer

^^
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it

Zimmer wrote:

There are rumours that C.Ronaldo actually practices his fake diving before the match, so he can get as many penalties and free kick as possible.
Diving is now integrated into the sport. Yes, it has made it shit, but it has made good actors out of it.

Why the hell are you even comparing both sports? You cannot do such a thing, I would see the point in comparing American Football to RUGBY. But football/soccer? Yeah...right. You CANNOT compare 2 completely different sports. One is complete contact, uses hands, is only played in america, has very different rules. Football/soccer is played with feet, it is only partial contact and is compeltely different in every aspect.

Erm.... * cough * .... what is the most widely watched sport in the world? I think you will find it is football. What is the most highly paid sports job in the world? Football. What is the most played, competitive sport in the world? Football.
Now, I am not trying to kill you or make negative comments. But what you said is utter bullshit ( sorry ). American football is only for americans, and even at that, more than 50% of americans turn to watch soccer.

Rugby... I personally hate the sport, so the comeback for "it is a tougher sport" is this : Who really cares? Is it about toughness or is it about skill, teamwork and fun?

I do know about AF, i have watched it, it is a nice slick game to watch, but you gotta see it differently. Football is meant to be a NON-CONTACT sport, no wonder people flail and complain and fall to the ground. They are not built for full on tackling with the shoulders and arms. It is a game of passing, skill, power, speed and teamwork. Not one that requires 20 pounds of muscle on you.
Why do we have this thread then? And remember guys, Its just opinions.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6695

NeXuS4909 wrote:

Zimmer wrote:

Why do we have this thread then? And remember guys, Its just opinions.
??
Madhadda1
+270|6590|Cedar Rapids, Iowa

NeXuS4909 wrote:

i agree.. people who play soccer here are usually seen as pussy's or gay guys...... seriously.. you wouldnt want to be caught dead with a soccer ball if your a guy....

BUT i respect soccer and think it takes skill/endurance/agillity w/e. both sports are great, but imo football is better
NeXuS
Shock it till ya know it
but man the freestyle soccer is kickass i love that. THAT takes ALOT of skill. Thats about the only part that i like about it.
224th R0ck3tpack
Hostile pansy spotted!
+8|6474|NH

Zimmer wrote:

, more than 50% of americans turn to watch soccer.
This is such a false fact, when it comes to AF, yes it is just an American sport, but there is no way in hell more than 50% of Americans will ever choose soccer over AF. I have to admit there is some stoppage in AF but not all the time, soccer has plenty of boring times with all the flopping, free kicks, time wasting passes, and throw-ins. The NFL is playing a game in London this year and has already received over 500,000 ticket requests, so that can't be just an unpopular sport only Americans like.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6801|Scotland

Madhadda1 wrote:

NeXuS4909 wrote:

i agree.. people who play soccer here are usually seen as pussy's or gay guys...... seriously.. you wouldnt want to be caught dead with a soccer ball if your a guy....

BUT i respect soccer and think it takes skill/endurance/agillity w/e. both sports are great, but imo football is better
Well then the peoples social attitude in your country is disgraceful and pathetic.
Oh, wow, YOU ARE SO COOL, YOU JUST BROKE SOMEONES BACK. Well done! /applauds sarcastically
Because that is what a human body was made to do, tackle someone nearly half their weight and nearly killing him. Yes, because EVERYONE WANT TO DO THAT.
This is so much utter bullshit, it is unbelievable.
You actually class a hard man as a guy who runs up and brakes someones back? Wow, my respect for you just dropped below the zero mark.
So wait, a guy that has succeeded in football, is getting paid 10 times as much as an AF player and that DOESNT USE VIOLENCE or is violent in his sport is considered a gay guy or a pussy? That just disgusts me.
What kind of world are we living in, that we class a "cool" guy as a person who permanently damages and screws up someone life? Wow.

The idiocy hurts me. It hurts me bad.
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6781|Salt Lake City

Is the European football league gone or something?  By that I mean Europe had an AF league.

Never mind, I just answered my own question.  Since the league is in its 15th season, I guess there is enough interest for it to survive.

http://www.nfleurope.com/

Last edited by Agent_Dung_Bomb (2007-03-07 14:23:48)

224th R0ck3tpack
Hostile pansy spotted!
+8|6474|NH
You don't understand the point of Af is not to injure someone...what about you're so-called Rugby? That's a violent game, I don't see you shitting on it. SO again please try to understand what you are talking about before you post.
Sneaky.Russian
Random Hero
+119|6367|Australia QLD
Italy is a bunch of pussies. I'm being honest here.
They fake injuries/fouls just to get that free kick or penalty kick.

Enjoy the 30 second show.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6784|The Hague, Netherlands

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Is the European football league gone or something?  By that I mean Europe had an AF league.

Never mind, I just answered my own question.  Since the league is in its 15th season, I guess there is enough interest for it to survive.

that is hardly Europe (well 2 countries)

since it looks like only teams from Holland and Germany

would have been way more interesting if teams from all over Europe were in.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
bennisboy
+829|6692|Poundland
I hate it when players dive, even when its for the team I support. I play at a high level and whenever someone tries to contest with me I do everything I can to stay on my feet becuase I believe in fair play and I know that if I stay on my feet I'm easily quick enough to create a good chance. I hate all this simulation bollocks
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6781|Salt Lake City

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Well, let's put it in a little more perspective then.  For those two countries to be the only ones with  teams and be able to support 6 teams, says there is enough interest to keep it going.
PluggedValve
+17|6385
I dont think its a good comparison because one uses feet and one uses hands.  Comparing Rugby and AF is a much better comparison.  Also i think basketball is more like soccer except the hands/ feet difference.  A contact sport shouldn't be compared with a noncontact sport. 

IMO - AF is better but they should really quit calling it football.  I like "playing" football(soccer) better but watching AF is better.  IMHO
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6784|The Hague, Netherlands

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

^*AlphA*^ wrote:

Agent_Dung_Bomb wrote:

Well, let's put it in a little more perspective then.  For those two countries to be the only ones with  teams and be able to support 6 teams, says there is enough interest to keep it going.
maybe but compared to Soccer its very minor.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard