DaBombadier
+8|6406|Sooooo coooold....Canada....
Well as most people know, the new unlock from Northern Strike that's at he very top of the squad leader unlocks is a new spawn beacon...............what does it do?????
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6758|San Antonio, Texas
It acts like a regular SLB but it makes your squad spawn faster. Instead of 15 seconds to spawn it takes 10 seconds.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6499|so randum

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

It acts like a regular SLB but it makes your squad spawn faster. Instead of 15 seconds to spawn it takes 10 seconds.
Correct.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
DarkZealot89
Wait A Minute!
+46|6546|Louisville, Ky
But don't you have to have the beacon pre-selected before you die to receive the time bonus? I have not really used it too much so I am not sure.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6525|Singapore

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

not much difference IMO

UAV drone aka legal wallhax FTW
GeoEnvi
+22|6685|Philadelphia, PA

jkohlc wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

not much difference IMO

Just don't try to deploy it on Cerbere or Belgrade!

UAV drone = headbash
DarkZealot89
Wait A Minute!
+46|6546|Louisville, Ky

GeoEnvi wrote:

jkohlc wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

not much difference IMO

Just don't try to deploy it on Cerbere or Belgrade!

UAV drone = headbash
Ya what has been up with that lately? Either the Drone slams into me at spawn or just explodes in my face. I am assuming patch 1.20 did this?
zeidmaan
+234|6414|Vienna

I think that new SLSB makes a difference only when you get killed right away and not criticaly wounded (and that very rare). Not 100% sure...
CrimsonFury
+1|6778
If the squad leader has the new unlock you will respawn in 10 seconds when you spawn on him even if he doesn't have a becon deployed.
GeoEnvi
+22|6685|Philadelphia, PA

CrimsonFury wrote:

If the squad leader has the new unlock you will respawn in 10 seconds when you spawn on him even if he doesn't have a becon deployed.
That's the best news I've heard all week in the BF2142 community! 

I suspected this but wasn't sure, and to get confirmation from those guys in my squad that actually had a mic was just as rare.
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6341|California
how do you work it
Commando
+8|6600
Deploy it, then press Alt+F4
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6341|California
do you seriously have to be an ass like that.

any REAL answers?
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6477|Communist Republic of CA, USA

xBlackPantherx wrote:

how do you work it
Select the beacon from the Customize Screen (It will be the only beacon still - Passive Upgrade) and throw it down.
Commando
+8|6600

xBlackPantherx wrote:

any REAL answers?
Your original question was deserving of my answer
xBlackPantherx
Grow up, or die
+142|6341|California

Commando wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

any REAL answers?
Your original question was deserving of my answer
Grow up.

Major.League.Infidel wrote:

xBlackPantherx wrote:

how do you work it
Select the beacon from the Customize Screen (It will be the only beacon still - Passive Upgrade) and throw it down.
thats what i do but it still takes 15 seconds
Sambuccashake
+126|6609|Sweden
^

You will only be able to spawn within 10 seconds if you're actually dead (shot by AT, ground defense, on a ladder and so on), if you're critically wounded it still takes 15 seconds since the medics need a shot in hell to reach you.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6285|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

DaBombadier wrote:

Well as most people know, the new unlock from Northern Strike that's at he very top of the squad leader unlocks is a new spawn beacon...............what does it do?????
RTFM Nub
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard