SilentFox12345
+2|6479
I'm really getting sick of seeing these.  Yesterday, when I checked all the ten or so really popular Karkand servers were inf. only.  Does anyone else want this to stop?
Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6488|Gogledd Cymru

uninstall or even worse play 2142
Stumanbmx
S!l3nt But D3adly
+86|6602|Pickle Village
umm, no. infantry only FTW!
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6630

Whats wrong with IO, it rules... Unless your a tank whore
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6626|Muenster, Germany
or play other maps
Zodiaccup
+42|6544
A Battlefield with Inf.only, sounds like some kind of oxymoron to me...
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6730|St. Andrews / Oslo

IO > All.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
A_chink_in_the_armor
+2|6264

Jenspm wrote:

IO > All.
if there wasn't those nade spammers..
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

IO is lame. In competition, it's fun. But in ranked servers, it's an orgy of medics and support who do nothing teamwork oriented. It's fucking pathetic. DICE's second greatest folly was listening to the fucktards who don't know how to use an anti-tank missile. What's that? Your team doesn't help you? Play something besides Karkand, it's a breeding ground for morons who think that their sniper rifle will destroy a tank.
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6749|Chicago.
I play IO. I love IO. I haven't seen a nade spamming server since I returned to BF2. And I've played plenty.

Just look arround untill you find a good one. They aren't all nade spamming heaven.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6450|Cambridge, UK

TodErnst wrote:

or play other maps
Hurricane
Banned

I wonder why people bought BF2. I'm sure half the reason was for playing with all the awesome vehicles. Then suddenly they realize that they get boatloads of their all-important points playing infantry only. But the ROE doesn't allow it. So they bitch, whine, moan, cry, and commit protest suicides in order to get DICE's attention. Finally, those sissy Swedes give in and have their Canadian lackeys program IO mode.

I hope they don't fuck up BF:BC with easy mode, and I really hope that Kaos Studios don't take a page from DICE's "How to do stuff" book. Again, competitive IO has a merit of skill. Most ranked IO servers are a bunch of idiots running around with ammo bags and shock paddles, all attempting to get meaningless ranks that nobody gives two shits about.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6363

Hurricane wrote:

I wonder why people bought BF2. I'm sure half the reason was for playing with all the awesome vehicles. Then suddenly they realize that they get boatloads of their all-important points playing infantry only. But the ROE doesn't allow it. So they bitch, whine, moan, cry, and commit protest suicides in order to get DICE's attention. Finally, those sissy Swedes give in and have their Canadian lackeys program IO mode.

I hope they don't fuck up BF:BC with easy mode, and I really hope that Kaos Studios don't take a page from DICE's "How to do stuff" book. Again, competitive IO has a merit of skill. Most ranked IO servers are a bunch of idiots running around with ammo bags and shock paddles, all attempting to get meaningless ranks that nobody gives two shits about.
Yes IO has nade spamming medics and support and vehicle has armor whores, chopper whores and jet whores. Stop complaining about it
Hurricane
Banned

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

Yes IO has nade spamming medics and support and vehicle has armor whores, chopper whores and jet whores. Stop complaining about it
There's a difference though. These "whores" of vehicles tend to help the team. My team has a baseraping "evil" J-10 whore? Good! Make their tickets go down, Maverick!

Most rounds of IO I've played are nothing but a bunch of running around with the occasional shooting. Mostly just flag-tag, stalemates, and pointwhoring. There's less thrill too. You don't have to be watching out for vehicles, you don't have to know how to effectively use AT mines, AT rockets, and C4. You just have to know how to use a defibrillator. I played some rounds of IO once on Jalalabad when it first came out. I was able to get 1st or 2nd place with about 10 kills and a shitload of revives and heals. Yeah, those guys in the choppers who have to watch out for AA missiles and enemy jets have it great...
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6363

Hurricane wrote:

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

There's a difference though. These "whores" of vehicles tend to help the team. My team has a baseraping "evil" J-10 whore? Good! Make their tickets go down, Maverick!

Most rounds of IO I've played are nothing but a bunch of running around with the occasional shooting. Mostly just flag-tag, stalemates, and pointwhoring. There's less thrill too. You don't have to be watching out for vehicles, you don't have to know how to effectively use AT mines, AT rockets, and C4. You just have to know how to use a defibrillator. I played some rounds of IO once on Jalalabad when it first came out. I was able to get 1st or 2nd place with about 10 kills and a shitload of revives and heals. Yeah, those guys in the choppers who have to watch out for AA missiles and enemy jets have it great...
Yeah, I see what you mean. However, if you play IO on Special Forces (Not warlord) but say, ghost town, there seems to be generally a lot less nade spamming and support whoring. It happens, but less than normal. I've found my experience on SF much better than, well, Karkand.
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6600
i miss blowing things up with my c-4
darkhorror
+1|6271
vehicle servers don't stay full like IO servers do. But I think part of the problem is that there is no Vehicle server search so people who want to play that way have a hard time finding a server that allows it.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6472|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
IO sucks, Battlefield is about freedom in the battlefield choosing whatever vehicle you like..which is why i play the battlefield series
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6647
IO is fun, but an organised conquest team match beats all.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6564|England

darkhorror wrote:

vehicle servers don't stay full like IO servers do. But I think part of the problem is that there is no Vehicle server search so people who want to play that way have a hard time finding a server that allows it.
Hmmm, TV2 Dragon, Dragon 2, Oman, Oman2, Daqing, FuShe, Dalian. Also, ImKreuzfeuer.de, Battlefield Gotland AF/EF servers, =SF= AF/EF servers, Euro Force Ranked server...need I say more?
Hell, even the TV2 Clean Sweep and ZATAR servers are often running with 40+ people, although not daily.

Those are my regular servers. Much more fun and varied gameplay than IO nade spamming mode.

The only "vehicle whores" are those who city map spawnrape. And they are the skillless fucks who I myself frown upon. However...you cannot have a "jet whore" in the proper BF2 gamemode. Are they supposed to just leave it at the airfield? I think not.
The only time IO provides good, and decent games is when its about 15v15 at the absolute most - and NOT on Karkfuck.
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6593|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
every IO server i've been on has been one 1 map and populated by 3 classes. the map:karkand, the classes:Medic, Support and Sniper. more of the latter class than the others.that is why IO was and is retarded. it can be fun when everyone is using a different class and the teams arent full of medic whores, grenade whores and claymore whores.
Ryan
+1,230|6841|Alberta, Canada

I agree with Hurricane.
Was playing on a 24/7 IO Karkand server (I was bored ok?!) and Phantom happened to be there (one of the top ten players).

All he did was hide by a dumpster and throw grenades constantly over the metal fence. He would resupply himself, and continue throwing. He did this the entire round.

He ended up with about 45 kills, and one death. What a loser. IO somethings isn't the greatest.
d.cripz
+29|6407
Whats some of your guys favorite inf only servers? I want a change from wake after 500 hours so im thinking of playing inf only karkand but i want a teamwork based server if they're such a thing.
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6434|UK
IO is great

no tank whores, dont get tk'd for vehicles

good points

better than any shitty vehicle server
TeamOrange
Don't be that guy
+84|6309

d.cripz wrote:

Whats some of your guys favorite inf only servers? I want a change from wake after 500 hours so im thinking of playing inf only karkand but i want a teamwork based server if they're such a thing.
team work based server, that a funny joke, suggestion get in a clan that were you will have some teamwork

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard