007hutchy
+2|6780
Gonna try these out tonight. Cheers
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Sorry for the delay. I've been sick lately and I've heard talk of a new patch, so I may have to do some modifying with the content (doubtful but just in case, also to change .exe changes to #PATCH NAME#)
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6431|Brisbane, Australia

great work on these kyle!

I am still getting the ?PLAYER? things but it doesnt really bother me
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6611
The quotation marks really annoy me, I'm going to change back to the original files.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

I agree with Hacial. A lot of items are not correctly covered. Im currently trying to make a seperate list of messages said ingame.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
I have found the cause of the quotation mark error. When I save them, it saves it in Unicode Format which is the way it is meant to be saved in, however there are many different types and I'm sure which is which.

Currently I'm in a talks with Phaxe for him open the files and save them. resolving the error hopefully. Expect new features in the next update such as :

One download does all. Choose what you install, there are many different types to choose from!

Bernadictus/ I'll have to talk to you on those separate list of messages. They sound intriguing!
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6611
What about #NAME?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Should be able to fix that too yep!
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
MAJOR UPDATE WORK!

- Fixed the #NAME? Error - now displays proper Squad assist bonus messages etc
- Fixed spacing issue. Old: "Healing Point  [+1]" new "Healing Point [+1]
- In the process of removing the quotation marks everywhere! (still testing as nothing seems to be working.. anyone got any ideas PM me! - you won't be forgotten..)

Professional seems to be the main download here. It has been downloaded over 80 times, while all the other versions are under 45. Therefore, due to popular demand, ONLY THE PROFESSIONAL VERSION WILL BE UPDATED!

Update will be released when the new patch is out for obvious reasons.

Last edited by leetkyle (2007-04-12 11:28:01)

SlightlySto0pid
+7|6442|New York
The premium version with orange guns in the killspam, without the KIT next to the gun, and without strange names (Since when was Pilum H-AV the Kroenig Pilum or whatever you have on there) would be perfect, IMO. I wish I could edit myself but when I open these files they arent organized like the bf2 ones they are all 1 line for me which is weird
samfink
+31|6547
sligthlystoopid, turn on word wrap. or open it in excel
XRogerMellieX
+8|6321
Outstanding mate. I didn't like your bf2 localisation files, but these ones are t3h rockzorz.

What most impressed me was the backup provided of the original files, just in case.

GG!
XRogerMellieX
+8|6321
Still showing #NAME? error. Fixy?
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

XRogerMellieX wrote:

Still showing #NAME? error. Fixy?
Next version release will fix that error.
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Still trying to fix the quotation mark error. It just isn't happening! I've fixed up quite a few things though, I'm sure you'll enjoy the update!
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

Do these work on 1.25?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6731|Toronto | Canada

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Do these work on 1.25?
Yes? No?
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6408|Norway | Unkown

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Do these work on 1.25?
Yes? No?
Yes
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
Hi folks,

I'd just like to inform you that I quit Battlefield 2142 a while ago. I will release the final update in a few hours time, but regretfully - quotation marks are still there. I've fixed:

- #NAME? Error
- ".list?" Error
- Weapon Names
- Wrong Scoring Systems
- Friendly Fire
- and some minor details only a few may have noticed!

I encourage you to try modifying your own localization files with PhaxeNor's Fantastic Guide! - it really is not that difficult and you'd be surprised! If you need any tips, contact me or him and I'm sure we'll be glad to help you.
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6750|Denmark
good to see that people finally did what I was too lazy to do when it was requested I did this with BF2... +1 for not being a lazy ass like me
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6485|N. Ireland
final version released
Bernadictus
+1,055|6729

YAY!
h4hagen
Whats my age again?
+91|6345|Troy, New York
will these work with 1.25?
Mitch92uK