LawJik
The Skeptical Realist
+48|6501|Amherst, MA
It's official: A new report shows that the U.S. has made the world more dangerous -- not just for Americans, but for everyone.

An authoritative U.S. study of terrorist attacks after the invasion in 2003 contradicts the repeated denials of George Bush and Tony Blair that the war is not to blame for an upsurge in fundamentalist violence worldwide. The research is said to be the first to attempt to measure the "Iraq effect" on global terrorism....."

The Iraq Effect: New Study Finds 600% Rise in Terrorism Since US Invasion of Iraq (Video)

"PAUL CRUICKSHANK: Just to give you an example, in the Arab world there’s been a 445% increase in jihadist terrorist attacks since the Iraq war, and there’s been a 783% increase in fatalities. There have been twelve attacks in Saudi Arabia since the war in Iraq; in the period before that we considered, there were none. There has been a wave of attacks in Egypt. In confessions of those perpetrators, of people who attacked those targets in the Red Sea areas in the last few years, they’ve said, “The war in Iraq was our main motivating factor. We wanted to punish Westerners for the actions over there.”

AMY GOODMAN: Paul Cruickshank, you write that there are, just in 2006 alone, 118 suicide attacks in Afghanistan, more than in the entire history of the country. What relation do you think those attacks have to the war in Iraq?

PAUL CRUICKSHANK: Well, that's an excellent question. You know, certainly the suicide terrorism in Afghanistan has gone through the roof. And if you look at when the Taliban terrorist campaign starts in Afghanistan, it really gets going in September 2003. And, you know, this isn’t in 2001, it’s not in 2002, when US troops were already there. They start attacking civilian entities, Afghan police entities in September 2003. That’s after the US invasion of Iraq.

And what basically happened is that they were inspired in part by Iraqi jihadists launching a campaign there. Now, the tactic that worked remarkably well for Iraqi jihadists attacking civilians, attacking the US there was suicide bombing. And so, you know, you have Afghan internet sites based in Peshawar, Pakistan, which say, “Look, guys, we need to copy the tactics that you’re using in Iraq. We need to export these to Afghanistan.” And so, it was a very consciously thought out strategy to use suicide attacks -- also remarkably that a higher increase of improvised explosive devices in Afghanistan, too. And so, what we found is the Iraq war, that the jihadist experience in Iraq of fighting the best army in the history of the world, the US Army, has sort of allowed them to pioneer new tactics, which are being exported elsewhere. There has been evidence that Taliban fighters and Pakistani militants, as well, they’ve even traveled to Iraq to get what one Pakistani journalist observed as on-the-job training: going to train with Zarqawi, coming back to Afghanistan and using their terrorism savoir-faire to launch new attacks there."

We all know the pre-war intelligence was fabricated/cherry picked/manipulated in order for George to attack Afghanistan and Iraq. Only 120 US soldiers had lost their lives before Bush announced Mission Accomplished and 'the end to major combat operations in Iraq' May 1, 2003. Five years later, and 3,000 more American LIVES, and it seems like we have made no progress with democracy in the middle east.

We all know how this must end.

Last edited by LawJik (2007-03-02 09:45:13)

ShowMeTheMonkey
+125|6672
Eeeeep, I'm starting to agree with things like this.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Failure to search is the leading cause of double post .

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64914
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
That video was fucking nauseating.

You anti-war types claim to support the troops but not support the mission. I call you cowards.

Right now, history is repeating itself. We have the U.N. passing toothless resolutions against Iran.

If America and the gutless politicians would simply let these men do their jobs and stop supporting the enemy it would be over that much faster will less lives lost.

The desperation democrats feel to disparage Bush and the clueless anti-war protesters who are against war always no matter what are fueling this fire, leading to more deaths on both sides.

The people who say ' who cares if they kill each other, lets bail now " are heartless. The rivers of blood that will be spilt when we go will be their fault as much as Bush.

War is hell. The division in this country will only lead to more, larger and more violent conflicts.
If you want to end the war, support our President and the men putting their lives on the line.

Express your displeasure at the ballot box.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA

ATG wrote:

That video was fucking nauseating.

You anti-war types claim to support the troops but not support the mission. I call you cowards.

Right now, history is repeating itself. We have the U.N. passing toothless resolutions against Iran.

If America and the gutless politicians would simply let these men do their jobs and stop supporting the enemy it would be over that much faster will less lives lost.

The desperation democrats feel to disparage Bush and the clueless anti-war protesters who are against war always no matter what are fueling this fire, leading to more deaths on both sides.

The people who say ' who cares if they kill each other, lets bail now " are heartless. The rivers of blood that will be spilt when we go will be their fault as much as Bush.

War is hell. The division in this country will only lead to more, larger and more violent conflicts.
If you want to end the war, support our President and the men putting their lives on the line.

Express your displeasure at the ballot box.
I support the troops. My cousin is an MP in Iraq. I send him packages that he hardly ever gets. I support him and every troop over there. I do not support this war. Ill take coward if that is what describes me. A coward with his own thought process.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
Of course the War on Terror is going to piss off the terrorists.  They don't like being hunted and killed.  It's better that they're forced to kill our of desperation in their own backyard instead of coming to ours.  No attacks on US soil since 9/11. 

What course of action is the OP suggesting?  Stop hunting the terrorists?  Uh, no, try again.  Let’s say we stopped hunting the terrorists and left the Middle East entirely.  Suddenly the attacks decrease . . . well, isn’t it logical that the attacks would decrease in areas where terrorists have control?  Suicide attacks are carried out to destabilize a region enough that they can gain control.  Stopping the war on terror because terrorists are doing what the do best (blowing themselves up to kill civilians) is not a prudent course of action.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

So wait.... terrorism is increasing? Somebody is going to get caught double talking real soon.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
topal63
. . .
+533|6688

Kmarion wrote:

So wait.... terrorism is increasing? Somebody is going to get caught double talking real soon.
Already happened

Stingray24 wrote:

...  No attacks on US soil since 9/11. 

... Let’s say we stopped hunting the terrorists and left the Middle East entirely.  Suddenly the attacks decrease . . . well, isn’t it logical that the attacks would decrease ...
Logic is obviously rocket science to you...

Your conclusion (based upon your own logic does not follow):

Stingray24 wrote:

Stopping the war ... is not a prudent course of action.

Last edited by topal63 (2007-03-02 11:34:58)

Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA

ATG wrote:

I will have blind faith in no leader and I will not support a leader I feel is wrong. Everyone will have a reality check when that volunteer army of ours starts declining in the volunteer department.

GO back a bit and ask yourself, why are we in Iraq? Pick one of the five reasons you've been given in 5 years.

To kill terrorists? There were none there. Our troops are fighting the Bathe Party right now. I guess we'll call them Al Qaeda.

To find WMD's? They should have been there considering we sold them to him but no. No WMD's.
To thwart the evil regime of Sadam? Ahhh, the guy we placed in power and armed to the teeth.
To liberate a people? Why not. Fuck it. Ask the Iraqi's. They don't want democracy. They want the USA's buildings, streets, trees, and cities.

I will not support an administration who puprosely divided our country for thier own benefit. Demonized anyone who questioned them. You don't support invading Iraq? Your unpatriotic. Your un-American.

Im done ranting. How soon we forget in this country and how little we evolve.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio
Less terrorist attacks in the world then before 9/11. 

Are they including Iraq, Somalia, or some other war zone?
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.
+94|6500|The lunar module
I humbly request that someone opposing the viewpoint of the 'Iraq Effect' report debunk, or explain the statistics.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

usmarine2007 wrote:

https://www.motherjones.com/news/featurex/2007/03/terrorism_attacks_fatalitie.gif
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

apollo_fi wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature … alitie.gif
What about the other war zones also?  And where is that from?

Last edited by usmarine2007 (2007-03-02 10:55:35)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Liberals have been telling everyone for so long that the threat is not real and are using labels like Islamaphobe. Now they tells us that attacks have gone up 600 percent?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-02 11:00:00)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

usmarine2007 wrote:

apollo_fi wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

http://www.motherjones.com/news/feature … alitie.gif
The source is admittely a liberal one, it's Mother Jones.

I think it's implicit that the 'rest of the world, excluding Iraq and Afghanistan' bars include Somalia and other war zones.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

apollo_fi wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

The source is admittely a liberal one, it's Mother Jones.

I think it's implicit that the 'rest of the world, excluding Iraq and Afghanistan' bars include Somalia and other war zones.
I just worry about stuff like this.  You have terrorism all over Africa, Kashmir (sp?) and in the Philippines to name a few, that have nothing to do with Iraq.
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6556|Sweden
I agree on the fact that the iraqi regim was cruel and injust, but i do no agree on the fact you claim to make any difference over there at the moment. As far as i can see on the media reports it seems that the Iraqi people don't want you there? ( I'm a bit in the shadow here since my TV has been broken for two years)
Can someone with more info explain what exactly you hope to accomplish in Iraq?

Last edited by klassekock (2007-03-02 11:04:34)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

klassekock wrote:

I agree on the fact that the iraqi regim was cruel and injust, but i do no agree on the fact you claim to make any difference over there at the moment. As far as i can see on the media reports it seems that the Iraqi people don't want you there? ( I'm a bit in the shadow here since my TV has been broken for two years)
Right now the hope is that the government can sustain itself and maintain security. Thats the goal at least.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

klassekock wrote:

( I'm a bit in the shadow here since my TV has been broken for two years)
Dude!  What?
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6632|USA

klassekock wrote:

Ask the administration. Don't hold breath.
apollo_fi
The Flying Kalakukko.

Kmarion wrote:

Liberals have been telling everyone for so long that the threat is not real and are using labels like Islamaphobe. Now they tells us that attacks have gone up 600 percent?
Attacks gone up 600 percent after the Iraq invasion. Yes, it may be that the pre-invasion Islamophobe is now a rightly concerned person.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
I thought it should be abundantly obvious from my post that the terror attacks in the US have not increased, but the terror attacks in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc have because that is where the conflict is occuring.  It's not rocket science folks . . .
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

apollo_fi wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Attacks gone up 600 percent after the Iraq invasion. Yes, it may be that the pre-invasion Islamophobe is now a rightly concerned person.
So now we have established the threat as a real concern. What do we do?

Stingray should we only be concerned about terrorism here?

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-02 11:11:38)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6556|Sweden
Ok Kmarion. Thank you for the info.
Can you then tell me what the people fighting against the american forces actually want. Do they want Saddam or one of his look a likes back in power, or are they simply fighting to get you americans out of their country. At present day, are USA the cause to the war or the solution?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard