Announcement

Major changes have been made site wide. If you experience problems, please send tazz. a PM.
jord
Member
+2,382|6229|The North, beyond the wall.
SA was better because it came out later,it had a bigger map and such.

A game that comes out 2 years later than another game in the same series is going to be better.

"Gangsta's" had nothing to do with it. I've currently got Saints Row and i'm getting tired of the Gangsta weapons and talk.

If they made it about i don't know a Mafia hitman or Secret service guy out to get a Yakuza family leader then it would be good.With high tech guns and stuff.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6317|UK
Seriously Microsoft needs to stop throwing cash around and turning the console world into a monopoly just like the PC market.
mKmalfunction
Infamous meleeKings cult. Est. 2003 B.C.
+82|6091|The Lost Highway

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Its going to be hard to best San Andreas. That game was a masterpiece on so many levels.
SA was good, but far from a masterpiece, as it was the same engine with some additions. GTAIV is going to be an all new engine, and is either going to blow the previous GTA's away, or completely fail. (I'm guessing it will blow the rest away.)

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Yeah, but Rock* will do it. They haven't dissapointed us yet!
You must've never played State of Emergency, or any of the Midnight Clubs.. Ha.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|5875|Graz, Austria

-=raska=- wrote:

how do you get the trailer to play ?
Click on the link that looks like this: 00 00 00 00

jord wrote:

Also London...What Jets and Helicopters are in London?Commercial ones thats what.
Ehrm, you think that there is no military aircraft in London? With the head office of the governement and the Queen and Royals being there?
I highly doubt that.

Chillay-14 wrote:

I BET! it will be in the future because Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City were ALL in GTA (The first one) So i recon that number Four will take after GTA II so it will be futuristic
By that logic, it would have to be set in London (and in the past), as London 1969 came before GTA2.
And yeah, I don't have anything against London.

Double decker busses, driving on the left side, bobbies, palace guard, the Queen and cops that shoot you if you wear a backpack in the Tube.
And imagine the Tower Bridge being raised.

Last edited by globefish23 (2007-03-02 09:27:24)

Surgeons
U shud proabbly f off u fat prik
+3,097|6041|Gogledd Cymru

globefish23 wrote:

-=raska=- wrote:

how do you get the trailer to play ?
Click on the link that looks like this: 00 00 00 00

jord wrote:

Also London...What Jets and Helicopters are in London?Commercial ones thats what.
Ehrm, you think that there is no military aircraft in London? With the head office of the governement and the Queen and Royals being there?
I highly doubt that.

Chillay-14 wrote:

I BET! it will be in the future because Vice City, San Andreas and Liberty City were ALL in GTA (The first one) So i recon that number Four will take after GTA II so it will be futuristic
By that logic, it would have to be set in London (and in the past), as London 1969 came before GTA2.
And yeah, I don't have anything against London.

Double decker busses, driving on the left side, bobbies, palace guard, the Queen and cops that shoot you if you wear a backpack in the Tube.
And imagine the Tower Bridge being raised.
also more hobo's that you can shake a fist at

congestion charges of like £5 a day if you drive in the city centre = pissed off drivers

a dickhead government that has lately fucked up driving laws and will soon charge drivers per mile driven OMG.

Not to forget the biggest chav population in the world
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6142|Your attic

<SS>SonderKommando wrote:

Its going to be hard to best San Andreas. That game was a masterpiece on so many levels.
While it was a great game with clean gameplay and a decent storyline it just didn't have the atmosphere that VC and LC had.

I'd take being a mafia don over some gangsta any day.

Hopefully it'll come out on PC looking even shiner then on the consoles, even if it'll mean having to wait a year or so.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6025|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND
GTA San Andreas was by far the best GTA ever made, liberty city just sucks compared to SA, and Vice City is so small so it gets boing after half an hour, but SA there is so much to do!
Afrika_18
Member
+26|6093
The new game will be set in the quite town of Cheshire, Manitoba, Canada.  In it you will play James, a donut store owner tasked with keeping the 300 residents of the town happy (his donuts are really, really good).  Rockstar had to take a more sedate route with GTA4 because of the 'hot coffee' scandal.  The irony is, that besides serving donuts, James will also serve coffee!!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6142|Your attic

ELITE-UK wrote:

GTA San Andreas was by far the best GTA ever made, liberty city just sucks compared to SA, and Vice City is so small so it gets boing after half an hour, but SA there is so much to do!
Let me guess, wannabe gangster?

While I agree that the size of SA was nice and you could do alot the sheer style of Vice City means that even today I still pick up that game and laugh my arse off for hours at a time, where as SA just bores me.
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|5953|dm_maidenhead
vice city > other GTAs imo
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6311|San Antonio, Texas

mKmalfunction wrote:

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Yeah, but Rock* will do it. They haven't dissapointed us yet!
You must've never played State of Emergency, or any of the Midnight Clubs.. Ha.
I was talking about the GTA series/fans.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6077|Milkystania, yurop
omg omg omg omg omg wiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeee
OakLeaves
Banned
+70|5866|Newcastle UK
vice city was indeed the best game from the gta series imo
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6175|Birmingham, UK
Although it's a strong series (and don't get me wrong, it has great parts and it'll go down as one of the best video game series), ask any true GTA fan (who also happens to be, in part, an amateur journalist (at least) and they'll tell you that GTA has a confused/poor control system, not too much imagination, & isn't mind-blowing stuff. It's a good game, but it isn't the best - any hype attributed to it is fairly misguided. That's just buying into a game because it's...in the good ol' GTA series. Still great games...8/10. So why do I find practically everyone going stark raving loony over this game? It taps into modern culture, and wishes/dreams. If you want to argue with that, just what would you replace that object of desire with?
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6025|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

Towelly wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

GTA San Andreas was by far the best GTA ever made, liberty city just sucks compared to SA, and Vice City is so small so it gets boing after half an hour, but SA there is so much to do!
Let me guess, wannabe gangster?

While I agree that the size of SA was nice and you could do alot the sheer style of Vice City means that even today I still pick up that game and laugh my arse off for hours at a time, where as SA just bores me.
Everytime i go to play Vice city i get bored after 10 minutes, but when i go onto San Andreas i can play for hours on end, though on Vice city, no other GTA has beaten it, is in the music, VC music is great!
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6311|San Antonio, Texas

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Although it's a strong series (and don't get me wrong, it has great parts and it'll go down as one of the best video game series), ask any true GTA fan (who also happens to be, in part, an amateur journalist (at least) and they'll tell you that GTA has a confused/poor control system, not too much imagination, & isn't mind-blowing stuff. It's a good game, but it isn't the best - any hype attributed to it is fairly misguided. That's just buying into a game because it's...in the good ol' GTA series. Still great games...8/10. So why do I find practically everyone going stark raving loony over this game? It taps into modern culture, and wishes/dreams. If you want to argue with that, just what would you replace that object of desire with?
Please tell us a game that has come out that is better then GTA. It has to have an open environment, role-playing style, 100+ hour non-boring storyline, things to after the storyline is completed like side missions and minigames, and great replayability.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6175|Birmingham, UK

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

Although it's a strong series (and don't get me wrong, it has great parts and it'll go down as one of the best video game series), ask any true GTA fan (who also happens to be, in part, an amateur journalist (at least) and they'll tell you that GTA has a confused/poor control system, not too much imagination, & isn't mind-blowing stuff. It's a good game, but it isn't the best - any hype attributed to it is fairly misguided. That's just buying into a game because it's...in the good ol' GTA series. Still great games...8/10. So why do I find practically everyone going stark raving loony over this game? It taps into modern culture, and wishes/dreams. If you want to argue with that, just what would you replace that object of desire with?
Please tell us a game that has come out that is better then GTA. It has to have an open environment, role-playing style, 100+ hour non-boring storyline, things to after the storyline is completed like side missions and minigames, and great replayability.
Straight away, Zelda comes to mind. Any other franchises needed to satisfy you?
jsnipy
...
+3,275|6074|...

liquix wrote:

The GTA series has never displeased me, excited for the IV
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|5939|New York

jsnipy wrote:

liquix wrote:

The GTA series has never displeased me, excited for the IV
AND it's coming out for the ps3, which excites me.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Mr.Pieeater
Member
+116|6175|Cherry Pie
I seriously can't wait to see how alive they make the cities in that game.  Its going to be amazing.
TheDarkRaven
ATG's First Disciple
+263|6175|Birmingham, UK

heggs wrote:

jsnipy wrote:

liquix wrote:

The GTA series has never displeased me, excited for the IV
AND it's coming out for the ps3, which excites me.
And for the 360, which excites a lot more people.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6103|Scotland

TheDarkRaven wrote:

heggs wrote:

jsnipy wrote:


AND it's coming out for the ps3, which excites me.
And for the 360, which excites a lot more people.
Meh... i dont know, ps3 < xbox 360 anyday
Peter
Super Awesome Member
+494|5953|dm_maidenhead

White-Fusion wrote:

TheDarkRaven wrote:

heggs wrote:


AND it's coming out for the ps3, which excites me.
And for the 360, which excites a lot more people.
Meh... i dont know, ps3 < xbox 360 anyday
Not sure, but I think you're trying to say PS3 > 360
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6100|UK

revive!  Lol just found out about it 10mins ago, trailer is released in an hour, heres hopin its AWSOME (oo and the game)!

Martyn
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6077|Milkystania, yurop
Sweeet post a link dammit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2023 Jeff Minard