ReDevilJR
+106|6352

topal63 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

Oh, okay. So we're supposed to all believe the scientist that sais it's Co2 levels causing our "Global Warming"

So, if this "global warming" trend is occurring on other planets, then how would you explain that?
First off...

Mars has a thinner atmosphere and weaker gravity. It once had water on the surface - were did that go? Just into polar ice caps? NO! Mars has been loosing its atmosphere for 2 reasons - (1) weaker gravity and (2) a weak magnetic field that does not protect it from the solar wind. The atmosphere is being blown off into space.

Mar's Polar Ice Caps are "Melting!"
http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2003 … thpole.htm
The south polar cap is vaporizing now, which means CO2  is rushing back into the atmosphere. "Remember, though," adds Smith, "there are two polar caps on Mars--north and south. While the south polar cap is vaporizing the north polar cap is growing. It's a balancing act.
And how does this seem unlikely for Earth's Case? Because the Ice Caps do exceed and recede.

How was water once on Mars, but not now; It had to have been there for a long period of time, until maybe solar output increased...

Needless do I have to show you again how much the sun's impact really is.
IT directly effects Climates on every planet.
https://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0608/sunprom_soho.jpg
topal63
. . .
+533|6719
NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, US) report about changes in the chemistry of the oceans when they absorb more and more CO2. Corals and other marine organisms that produce calcium carbonate skeletal structures will suffer when the oceans become more acidic.

Oceans have already absorbed approximately 118 billion metric tons of carbon between 1800 and 1994 produced by burning oil and coal.

This is leading to the most dramatic changes in marine chemistry in at least the past 650,000 years.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
+131|6457|The edge of sanity

topal63 wrote:

NOAA (National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, US) report about changes in the chemistry of the oceans when they absorb more and more CO2. Corals and other marine organisms that produce calcium carbonate skeletal structures will suffer when the oceans become more acidic.

Oceans have already absorbed approximately 118 billion metric tons of carbon between 1800 and 1994 produced by burning oil and coal.

This is leading to the most dramatic changes in marine chemistry in at least the past 650,000 years.
Ahh but then where is all that missing CO2 for Al Gores CO2 drenched sky? The ocean also releases CO2 into the atmosphere. Maybe you should look at the Carbon Cycle?

https://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2961/carboncyclediagramfs8.jpg
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

ReDevilJR wrote:

topal63 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

Oh, okay. So we're supposed to all believe the scientist that sais it's Co2 levels causing our "Global Warming"

So, if this "global warming" trend is occurring on other planets, then how would you explain that?
First off...

Mars has a thinner atmosphere and weaker gravity. It once had water on the surface - were did that go? Just into polar ice caps? NO! Mars has been loosing its atmosphere for 2 reasons - (1) weaker gravity and (2) a weak magnetic field that does not protect it from the solar wind. The atmosphere is being blown off into space.

The south polar cap is vaporizing now, which means CO2  is rushing back into the atmosphere. "Remember, though," adds Smith, "there are two polar caps on Mars--north and south. While the south polar cap is vaporizing the north polar cap is growing. It's a balancing act.
And how does this seem unlikely for Earth's Case? Because the Ice Caps do exceed and recede.

How was water once on Mars, but not now; It had to have been there for a long period of time, until maybe solar output increased...

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/ … m_soho.jpg
Distance is relative when dealing with cosmic activities as well. There are stars exploding around us, that doesnt mean we should panic.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
liquix
+51|6455|Peoples Republic of Portland
To the poster:

Even if global warming is completely based on natural causes, how are the precautions focusing on efficiency and environmental friendliness wrong? I assume that's your point, because you are advocating its nature caused for a reason. The truth is, a global warming scare pushes for new technology, new ways of thinking, which in the end means a good thing for you; the consumer. I realize you may not understand that the amount of gas being put into the environment each day from the burning of fossil fuels astronomical, and the idea that this has no effect on life is absurd. Imagine if you will the consumption of crude globally is about 88 million barrels per day, now multiply that to a more familiar unit: gallons. 88 million barrels * 50 gal = 4,400,000,000 gallons. Thats a lot of liquid. Taking that much of anything out of the ground has it's effects. It is an enormous sacrifice to change our lifestyles to a more efficient way, but a worthwhile one. In the end it will be better for your, your children, the earth, and the human race...and if your really stingy, your bills.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Ahh but then where is all that missing CO2 for Al Gores CO2 drenched sky? The ocean also releases CO2 into the atmosphere. Maybe you should look at the Carbon Cycle?

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2961 … ramfs8.jpg
They have looked at other sources and the conclusion is the only significant increase has came from human production. While it is only a 5 percent contribution, that contribution is enough to alter the natural cycle. Believe me if it were more than 5 percent we would be talking in more drastic terms. Not just 1 degree over 100 years.

Last edited by Kmarion (2007-03-01 15:58:10)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
topal63
. . .
+533|6719
1.) Sun - Solar Flare.
2.) Carbon Cycle Graphic Isometric.

Wow that makes 2 pretty pictures... guess I give up, those 2,500 hundred Scientist probably have never seen those 2 pictures before either.

Are you (2) trying NOT to make sense?

Last edited by topal63 (2007-03-02 08:01:28)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

topal63 wrote:

Wow that makes 2 pretty pictures... guess I give up, those 2,500 hundred Scientist probably have never these 2 picture before either.

Are you (2) trying NOT to make sense?
This is pretty too. http://www.epa.gov/climatechange/kids/c … sion2.html
Maybe it will help them get it?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
I believe that global warming is ballox, however i do support alternative fuels as well as a reductions on pollutants. However i believe that false science used for control should not be allowed as it only halts the advancement of science
ReDevilJR
+106|6352

topal63 wrote:

Ted Danson stated in 1988 that we had 10 years to save the oceans, or we'd pay the consequences... guess what, he was wrong. It's FALSE.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

I believe that global warming is ballox, however i do support alternative fuels as well as a reductions on pollutants. However i believe that false science used for control should not be allowed as it only halts the advancement of science
You mean like this? http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=62647
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6475|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

ReDevilJR wrote:

topal63 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

First off...

NO SHIT sherlock, but the sun is millions of miles away, of course it affects our climate but man made global warming is the main factor in all of this. You cant find a way to blame something else when most of it is due to man made activities.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole

Kmarion wrote:

Liberal-Sl@yer wrote:

topal63 wrote:

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/2961 … ramfs8.jpg
They have looked at other sources and the conclusion is the only significant increase has came from human production. While it is only a 5 percent contribution, that contribution is enough to alter the natural cycle. Believe me if it were more than 5 percent we would be talking in more drastic terms. Not just 1 degree over 100 years.
If you were to look at the numbers on this chart in particular than you would see that the numbers are almost balanced.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6368|Columbus, Ohio
Global warming is becoming like religion to people.  Pretty sad that it is all of a sudden "hip."  Just proves there are way to many media sheep out there.  If you believe in global warming, then you have been hearing about it since the 80's and 90's. (depending on age)  Where the hell were you people 12 months ago?  Stop being sheep.

Now, I am not taking a stand either way because I just don't know.  2500 scientists told doctors that eggs were good for people, then they were bad, now they are good.  Who fucking knows.  Enjoy your debate.
topal63
. . .
+533|6719

ReDevilJR wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Ted Danson stated in 1988 that we had 10 years to save the oceans, or we'd pay the consequences... guess what, he was wrong. It's FALSE.
Ted Danson? Who the hell is that? You can't be serious? You don't mean Ted Danson the Actor - do you?
ReDevilJR
+106|6352

Kmarion wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

topal63 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

First off...

Distance is relative when dealing with cosmic activities as well. There are stars exploding around us, that doesnt mean we should panic.
I was trying to show you that the SUN is a MUCH higher climate affecting factor than Co2
ReDevilJR
+106|6352

topal63 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

topal63 wrote:

Ted Danson? Who the hell is that? You can't be serious? You don't mean Ted Danson the Actor - do you?
lol, you give anyone money to say shit like that, and they'll do it. Which goes along with scientists, they get paid money to make it sound flawless, so they they will make you think it's all your fault. It's the liberals in the media fucking with you.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
Something all hockey stick graph users should read.
http://www.john-daly.com/hockey/hockey.htm

p.s. i dont want to see a god damn hockery stick graph here as its ballox, its been proven as a mathmatical fraud.
ReDevilJR
+106|6352

ELITE-UK wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

topal63 wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

First off...

NO SHIT sherlock, but the sun is millions of miles away, of course it affects our climate but man made global warming is the main factor in all of this. You cant find a way to blame something else when most of it is due to man made activities.
What are you talking about? Would you like the sun to be closer to make it hotter for you? Would that make it more feasible to make it seem as if it really is a climate factor? Or would you like us to plunge further out in the solar system to make it cooler? THE SUN IS THE #1 Climate changing factor.
HunterOfSkulls
Rated EC-10
+246|6280

topal63 wrote:

This is why I wish celebrities would stay the hell away from big issues like this unless they are willing to dedicate the remainder of their lives to a particular cause with unwavering support and thorough research. The majority of the scientific community is in agreement and the case gets stronger every day, yet for "debate" on this subject we get endless repetition of idiotic statements from actors who latched onto a cause years ago for free publicity. Like Danson, they overstate the case and engage in hyperbole. From his statement, it sounds like ten years from the date he said that the Earth's oceans should be incapable of supporting life. Obviously this is not true, but the reality is that we're facing declining fish populations from overfishing, increased frequency of "dead zone" areas around the world's coastlines, coral bleaching, et cetera. But, because one celebrity dolt said something truly stupid, the deniers get to throw out or ignore all of that information. Thanks Ted, for aiding the invalidation of decades of information on the subject because you had to try anything to revive your flagging career.
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

Yes, the Sun produces massive waves of ions, particles and radiation that is skewing Earths atmosphere. From all these explosions, we only have a small layer of protection between us and a giant radio wave hitting us, which would in turn, fry us all.

But that will happen in a few hundred, or thousand years, so don't worry.

We also have global warming (which isn't caused by the Sun by the way), and the chance that we will be sucked into the Sun.

That sounded so cool.
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6475|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

ReDevilJR wrote:

ELITE-UK wrote:

ReDevilJR wrote:

What are you talking about? Would you like the sun to be closer to make it hotter for you? Would that make it more feasible to make it seem as if it really is a climate factor? Or would you like us to plunge further out in the solar system to make it cooler? THE SUN IS THE #1 Climate changing factor.
If your on about global WARMING, then humans are the No 1 climate changing factor, and how can you not see that?
topal63
. . .
+533|6719

ReDevilJR wrote:

me wrote:

lol, you give anyone money to say shit like that, and they'll do it. Which goes along with scientists, they get paid money to make it sound flawless, so they they will make you think it's all your fault. It's the liberals in the media fucking with you.
You are out there...

... with:

Rush
Dr. Spencer
Ted Danson
Pretty Pictures
John L. Daly (Obituary of John L Daly: http://www.john-daly.com/obituary.htm)

You're arguments and information sources suck beyond belief.
ReDevilJR
+106|6352

ryan_14 wrote:

Yes, the Sun produces massive waves of ions, particles and radiation that is skewing Earths atmosphere. From all these explosions, we only have a small layer of protection between us and a giant radio wave hitting us, which would in turn, fry us all.

But that will happen in a few hundred, or thousand years, so don't worry.

We also have global warming (which isn't caused by the Sun by the way), and the chance that we will be sucked into the Sun.

That sounded so cool.
I'm not talking about the sun exploding, the fact that like Earth, the sun is constantly changing too.
Liberal-Sl@yer
Certified BF2S Asshole
Now here are several different climate graphs from around the globe and i ask you to find the global warming.

https://img109.imageshack.us/img109/7576/bikanerjq9.gif

https://img119.imageshack.us/img119/1902/dodgexx6.gif

https://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2755/eastmanfy2.gif

https://img109.imageshack.us/img109/1263/goosezt3.gif

https://img119.imageshack.us/img119/3144/halleybmp8.gif

https://img109.imageshack.us/img109/15/madagascmg2.gif

https://img119.imageshack.us/img119/7869/nikolaevcp5.gif

https://img109.imageshack.us/img109/6384/nthaustls5.gif

https://img141.imageshack.us/img141/2773/oklahomane4.gif

https://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2752/stacruzbc8.gif

https://img119.imageshack.us/img119/442/ushuaiadv9.gif

https://img109.imageshack.us/img109/9660/yelstonege2.gif