boojiboy16
+2|6482
Read this at play.com about Northern Strike

"Please note: this add-on pack requires the original Battlefield 2142 PC game installed to play; an internet connection is also necessary to download the relevant updates. There will be no disc in the package you receive but a printed code to enter into a web link and download your personal copy of Battlefield 2142: Northern Strike add-on.
This information is based on specifications supplied by manufacturers and should be used for guidance only."
Icleos
+101|6738
I've been telling people that there is NO BOX or separate purchase for an official disk of Northern Strike.
The only time that it will be available for retail is when it is sold with BF2142, in the same box, a couple months from now.

BF2:Special Forces was an expansion pack.
It got its own box because the content was classified as an expansion pack.

Booster packs are about half or downgraded content of an expansion pack.
Armored Fury and Euro Force could only be purchased online when they were released.
Now you can by them in the store ONLY IF you buy the BF2 Collectors set.   Booster Packs are not sold separately as individual boxes.
When will people realize this?

Last edited by Icleos (2007-03-01 08:48:32)

boojiboy16
+2|6482
thanks for ranting, do come again ;p
Zukabazuka
+23|6681
This booster pack you will be able to buy in normal stores. But then you will get a code instead of a package.
Thoruz
+42|6322|Germany

Icleos wrote:

I've been telling people that there is NO BOX or separate purchase for an official disk of Northern Strike.
The only time that it will be available for retail is when it is sold with BF2142, in the same box, a couple months from now.

Armored Fury and Euro Force could only be purchased online when they were released.
Now you can by them in the store ONLY IF you buy the BF2 Collectors set.   Booster Packs are not sold separately as individual boxes.
i got bf2 armored fury and euro force in a dvd box but there was no disk just a paper with my download code
i think it will be the same for northern strike in germany
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6470|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

Thoruz wrote:

Icleos wrote:

i got bf2 armored fury and euro force in a dvd box but there was no disk just a paper with my download code
What do you do with the code you get in the box? Do you type it into EA Link?
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6594|Cheshire. UK

ELITE-UK wrote:

Thoruz wrote:

Icleos wrote:

What do you do with the code you get in the box? Do you type it into EA Link?
Yup........
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6728|Germany, near Koblenz
Buying the "code in a box" is just another form of payment - which is perfect for me, since I don't have a credit card (not very popular in Germany). You still have to download the same file!

Last edited by DerGraueWolf (2007-03-01 11:34:18)

Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6691|UK
and..
Bilco
+3|6670|Northamptonshire UK
I believe the CD/DVD will be available to buy in the shops come September 2007!
May be more expensive then too as you are buying materials rather than just downloading it.
kptk92
u
+972|6404|tc_london

Bilco wrote:

May be more expensive then too as you are buying materials rather than just downloading it.
Source/Proof?
ELITE-UK
Scratching my back
+170|6470|SHEFFIELD, ENGLAND

kptk92 wrote:

Bilco wrote:

Source/Proof?
Does it matter...Really?
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6553|Brisbane, Aus

i think that was one of the drawbacks of booster packs from BF2, EA didn't need to pay for packaging/shipping of the packs but a percentage of players don't have credit cards/don't trust the internets with credit cards. so i would have imagined that the gain from sales wouldn't have been much, even with not selling in stores till months after.

But if Northern Strike is sold in stores as just a EA link code i'd pay that.
kptk92
u
+972|6404|tc_london

ELITE-UK wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Bilco wrote:

Source/Proof?
Does it matter...Really?
Yes.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6522|Singapore
oh no not the fucking card again.....
Sambuccashake
+126|6606|Sweden
Most banks can validate an "electronic credit card" that you can use for a specific transaction.
No connection to your actual bank account so you have nothing to fear.

When the transaction is complete, the card "disolves".

Check with your bank.
dirtsA
+4|6374|Berlin, Germany

Icleos wrote:

not true. i bought both booster packs in the store. its an empty box with a download code.
xRBLx
I've got lovely bunch of coconuts!!
+27|6351|England - Kent
Well i keep trying to order mine over the EA link but it doesnt go to the next page no matter what i try it just wont let me have it any ideas?
Slickfish
+24|6619
HMV seem to think it has 1 Disc.

http://www.hmv.co.uk/hmvweb/displayProd … _id=101004

Not that its rite but it clearly says "number of disc's 1".
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6706|Sweden
Hmm how come people are so defensive when it comes to pay with your credit card on internet? And as one mentioned above if you can´t stand it for odd reasons most banks will provide you with a "electronic credit card"

Or is it the fact your to young to have a own card and can´t get your friendly parents to help you out? ( think i answered the question myself ).

Last edited by madmurre (2007-03-05 06:13:05)

sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6614|InGerLand
i can clear this one up and i think it should be made known in a thingy with bright yellow writing by a mod 'cos its going to screw some people around and i dno sense of community or something...
if you buy northern strike from somewhere like play.com a box arrives with the space where a disk should be, just no actual disk (handy maybe if you have a few spare DVD's around and nowhere to put them)
inside is one piece of paper with the download code and you enter it into EA link into the 'enter prepaid code here' bit
It does say on the case of the box that it is a download code only and there is no disk, but this is not very noticable on pictures on the internet
it is quite a nice case
but if for whatever reason EA link does not work for you, you are stuffed
I had a problem with EA link i decided to get the disk instead
no disk comes i was upset but EA link is randomly working again so now harm no foul i guess...
But I want to stress the point if you buy the box because EA link does not work and you still want the game you will be dissapointed

Last edited by sfarrar33 (2007-03-15 03:48:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard