Poll

Do you like the M16A2 Assault Rifle?

Hell Yeah!!59%59% - 196
Not as much as other rifles31%31% - 102
That rifle sucks9%9% - 30
Total: 328
Ryan
+1,230|6844|Alberta, Canada

M16, AK's, and the L85 are all great guns.

L85 is really good, I can pick off guys in 3-4 shots from yards away.
MetalChont
+18|6549|Sydney, Australia
Your country needs to l2metric imo.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

MetalChont wrote:

Your country needs to l2metric imo.
The fuck is |2metric mean?
RD_The_Dog
+87|6538
m16 > Ak  because it is more accurate, and fires 900 rounds a minute.  In 1 second, you can put 15 rounds into a guy.  In half a second, thats 7 or 8.  1/4 of a second is 4 rounds.  Just make sure one hits his head, not difficult if you aim for upper chest.

G36E leads to complaicency.  DONT USE IT, IT DUMBS YOU DOWN!
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6591|Reisterstown, MD

I love it....even more than the G36E.
agent146
+127|6387|Jesus Land aka Canada
lol yes the m16a2 owns on semi. i use it mostly for long range pot shots. one can't deny the accuracy of single  on m16.  sure i know it can't really handle a proning g36E users if both guns were in burst fire. but leave the m16 on single and from far away and snipe them g36ers, besides thats the only think they can do, prone and fire in burst.  Or  the m16a2 into a group of closely knit squad and fire, its won't kill em all but its fun to watch them panic and try to heal/revive each other while you keep shotting.
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
all of you are assault-rifle noobs!!!111

it´s too easy to kill people with them.... pros like me only use the wrench...
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
Tis the hardest assault rifle to learn, but when you do learn it, the hackusations come in thick and fast.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.

[pt] KEIOS wrote:

all of you are assault-rifle noobs!!!111

it´s too easy to kill people with them.... pros like me only use the wrench...
FFS fuck you, you stupid little wrench noob. How many patches has it gone without EA fixing that overpowered noob cannon.

err...

*cough*
[pt] KEIOS
srs bsns
+231|6654|pimelteror.de
always the same story... all those assault rifle noobs start bitching when i have another 70:1 round with teh wrench

"zOMFG j00 wr3N(h-b00n!!11 $t0p wh0r1ng teh wr3nch n uze teh r1fl3!!!1"
Spidery_Yoda
+399|6271
Why the F2000?

I find the F2000 is harder to get kills with than other assault rifles, except maybe the L85A1 with its seemingly random accuracy.
John McClane
+0|6271
Yup, especially on single shot!
XRogerMellieX
+8|6329
All weapons in bf2 are perfectly accurate on single shot.

I love my L8 because I can take out an entire squad at close range, or I can pick them off quickly from a distance.

I love the AK because up close it shreds people to bits. At range it's a headshot machine.

I like the M16 but do consider it to be the poorer cousin of the G36e, it just feels too easy.

Outside of the L8 though, give me my AT and DAO anyday...
jord
+2,382|6679|The North, beyond the wall.

imm0rtal wrote:

jord wrote:

The m16 is ugly,i dislike it.

If im ever on USMC i'll just use my unlocks.
Ugly? Look in the mirror..Unlock nab
There's nothing more i hate on this site than new members insulting people.

I guess because you get killed alot by people who know how to use unlocks so you hate them,it's okay,we understand.
darkhorror
+1|6274

XRogerMellieX wrote:

I love my L8 because I can take out an entire squad at close range, or I can pick them off quickly from a distance.

I love the AK because up close it shreds people to bits. At range it's a headshot machine.

I like the M16 but do consider it to be the poorer cousin of the G36e, it just feels too easy.

if by perfectly accurate you mean more accurate than after you fired a single shot then yes. But even on single shot there is random deviation that can make you miss even though you sights are in the correct position. That being said the l85 is a good weapon for it's single shot kills on headshots, and it's sight. Even though it may seem that it's more accurate because you can see farther doesn't mean the bullet will go where you aim it.

What I really wish is that the m16 could kill with a single head shot. Though that would most likely make it a little too overpowered.
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6392|fåking denmark
OMG , this weapon pwn xD , (The times I hit ;b )
jOiNt_frAGGeR
+11|6654
it's an alternative for the unlocks (x
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6628|Warlord
No, but that's because I'm not good with it. Very good gun in the right hands.
XRogerMellieX
+8|6329

darkhorror wrote:

XRogerMellieX wrote:

if by perfectly accurate you mean more accurate than after you fired a single shot then yes. But even on single shot there is random deviation that can make you miss even though you sights are in the correct position. That being said the l85 is a good weapon for it's single shot kills on headshots, and it's sight. Even though it may seem that it's more accurate because you can see farther doesn't mean the bullet will go where you aim it.

What I really wish is that the m16 could kill with a single head shot. Though that would most likely make it a little too overpowered.
I beg to differ. If you have your timing down, every shot hits... apart from those random times when you and the guy you're locked in battle with are both getting nothing but puffs of dust. In those situations kids, my advice is keep shooting, he who moves dies.

here's this mornings example of the L85 at work...

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/ … stever.jpg
darkhorror
+1|6274

XRogerMellieX wrote:

darkhorror wrote:

XRogerMellieX wrote:

I beg to differ. If you have your timing down, every shot hits... apart from those random times when you and the guy you're locked in battle with are both getting nothing but puffs of dust. In those situations kids, my advice is keep shooting, he who moves dies.

here's this mornings example of the L85 at work...

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g215/ … stever.jpg
There is random deviation that will make you miss every now and again. And at long distances even if you are lined up as perfect as can be you will still miss a good bit of the shots. There is nothing to argue about, it's just something built into the game. If you don't believe me just shoot at a wall even if you like up two shots exactly the same they won't go in the exact same place.
Dragonclaw
+186|6306|Florida
M16 and AK > your n00b unlocks. Unlocks are for people who cant use the real guns because they suck so they need to use an overpowered gun to pretend that they are good at the game. If unlocks were taken out of the game all the n00bs would stop playing. That would be the greatest day ever.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6464|meh-land
I love all the assault rifles, they all have their own quirks and advantages that come with their accuracy/damage ratios
im_in_heaven
+27|6589

[NeMe$i$.Dr4g0ncl4w] wrote:

M16 and AK > your n00b unlocks. Unlocks are for people who cant use the real guns because they suck so they need to use an overpowered gun to pretend that they are good at the game. If unlocks were taken out of the game all the n00bs would stop playing. That would be the greatest day ever.
Are any of your posts different? All you do is complain about "noob unlocks" no offense but your a noob for complaining 24/7.

Example.   you have  a canoe and i have a speed boat. Lets race. I must be a noob for beating you i guess.

Last edited by im_in_heaven (2007-03-03 09:32:26)

xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6730|Louisiana

Okay, you have to be trolling. Nobody could be stupid enough to write a post like this and be serious about it.
cowami
OY, BITCHTITS!
+1,106|6290|Noo Yawk, Noo Yawk

xintegrityx wrote:

Okay, you have to be trolling. Nobody could be stupid enough to write a post like this and be serious about it.
Now, now children, let's listen to the soon to be Gunny and stop fighting!

On topic: I personally love the M16. Partly patriotism, partly because I now know how to use it. Of course, it has to be the assault version of the M16.

M16A2 - M203 = teh ugly

Seriously, I just use the assault one for the looks. I'm terrible with the grenade launcher.
https://i.imgur.com/PfIpcdn.gif

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard