Ace.O.Lamb
Got Lamb?
+56|6275|Outside your Back window
I've been a fan of sony's game consoles since the ps1, they were well(ish) made and had some of the best games around. The PS2 was a huge success due to the power of the system, great games, a not too expensive price tag and the ability to play Ps1 games and DVD's.

BUT!!! now i hear about the PS3, yes it does sound amazing, however the greedy sony company has made a console that is £500, plays 50% of ps2 games (because they found a cheaper hardware that allows games to be played) and is £500 (i know i have already mentioned that but it's ridiculous) What the hell is sony playing at? They keep Europe waiting for months on end to get one of these things and when we do it's more expensive that anywhere else in the world. I'm seriously tempted to buy an Xbox360 because they seem to be the way forward now. The PS3 will be half as popular as the PS2 was and i should imagine that because of the price will be as popular as the Xbox.

You've fucked up Sony! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
P00R_M3
+19|6571|Yorkshire, England
Not quite right....

The 60 Gb Premium Edition is actually £425. For that you get the most powerfull console and a Blue Ray HD drive, which in it's own right would probably cost most of the £425. This is not just a games console, it's a serious piece of hardware.
I'm sure the price will put a lot of people off, but hardcore gamers will just live with it (I have pre-ordered mine and 3 games for launch)
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6577
I decided 360 over ps3. I've not seen any games for ps3 which havve caught my attention. But 360 has loads. Gears of War, Lost Planet, Crackdown... and stuff like mass effect and halo 3 to come. There is gta4 multiformat on release. Better online service. Better Price.... Oh and best not forget fable 2.
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6417|Norway | Unkown
What about the games for PS3 then...

£59.99 for just one game...
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

I'm not a big console fan; usually a certain game drives to buy. All the game that good (and will like GTA) are on the 360.
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6627|Gold Coast, Australia
I'd get a 360, its easier to hack, and you can save your games to a HDD once you've hired them.
PS3 looks good, but you have to buy the games legally...

Also, I don't normally like Nintendo, but the Wii looks fun because it makes you move around.
jsnipy
+3,276|6524|...

TerrorisT² wrote:

I'd get a 360, its easier to hack, and you can save your games to a HDD once you've hired them.

Also, I don't normally like Nintendo, but the Wii looks fun because it makes you move around.
A Wii version of soul caliber would be nice
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6627|Gold Coast, Australia

jsnipy wrote:

TerrorisT² wrote:

A Wii version of soul caliber would be nice
My friend was playing a Baseball game and he didn't bother to put the strap around his wrist, and the control slipped out of his hands, into the next room and smashed the window. I couldn't stop laughing because he'd only had it for 2 days.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6623|Gold coast, Aus.
Playstation has had its day....I was behind the PS3 the whole way until recently.... Yes, they have fucked up.

THANKFULLY they have an even bigger failure of a company to make there failure not seem so bad....

EA!
buLLet_t00th
Mr. Boombastic
+178|6444|Stealth City, UK

PhaxeNor wrote:

Where did you see that price, its £39.99 on Play.com, which is the same as 360 games.

Last edited by buLLet_t00th (2007-03-01 04:24:58)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6602|132 and Bush

TerrorisT² wrote:

Lol, I had to ... umm.. update my firmware also.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hyper_Dude
+5|6824|United Knigdom
One thing I hate about the consoles, is how everyone chooses one over the other and just won't listen. I love it how people don't think what they include, or don't for that matter. The Wii isn't really classed as next-gen, its more gameplay over power and in an odd way, i like it. The 360 and ps3 are almost the same give or take, but the ps3 is cheaper in the long term

Playstation 3, 60GB HardDrive, built in wireless, blu-ray drive - £425
Playstation Network - Free

Xbox 360 Premium, 20GB HardDrive - £280
Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive - £130
Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor - £60
Xbox Live for 1 year - £35

So for an Xbox 360 which is the same in term of specs as the PS3, it costs £500, alot more for the older console?

Sony have said the RRP for games are £39.99, Xbox 360 is £49.99... yeah that makes sense!

People just shun the PS3 for the cost, the Xbox 360 costs more IF you buy the extras, otherwise you've got nothing but a console, not a media center like the PS3
Gooners
Wiki Contributor
+2,700|6634

Ace.O.Lamb wrote:

I've been a fan of sony's game consoles since the ps1, they were well(ish) made and had some of the best games around. The PS2 was a huge success due to the power of the system, great games, a not too expensive price tag and the ability to play Ps1 games and DVD's.

BUT!!! now i hear about the PS3, yes it does sound amazing, however the greedy sony company has made a console that is £500, plays 50% of ps2 games (because they found a cheaper hardware that allows games to be played) and is £500 (i know i have already mentioned that but it's ridiculous) What the hell is sony playing at? They keep Europe waiting for months on end to get one of these things and when we do it's more expensive that anywhere else in the world. I'm seriously tempted to buy an Xbox360 because they seem to be the way forward now. The PS3 will be half as popular as the PS2 was and i should imagine that because of the price will be as popular as the Xbox.

You've fucked up Sony! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I dont' think so, I think you're just screwed, over here in Canada it costs $750 which is ... maybe £300.

PhaxeNor wrote:

£59.99 would be about 110$ right? Lol Canada = 59.99$
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51
I can tell you that my PC for the same price does a shit load more than your PS3 or Xbox360
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

they just removed most backward compatability from the PS3 before they release it here in Aus.

i stand by my 360
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
Its main selling point is the fact that normal Blu-ray DVD players are set to cost well over £600
klassekock
Proud Born Loser
+68|6588|Sweden
As for future gaming Nintendo is the only company on the right track. They have done the incredible and combined physical activities and gaming. Excellent!!!!!
I like both but find it a bit hard to find time both for work, sports and gaming. Now i can do two out of three in my own livingroom! It's fantastic. I have already lost two kilos as well. Buy the Wii for gods sake! It's the future.

Last edited by klassekock (2007-03-01 05:28:18)

heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6390|New York

Hyper_Dude wrote:

One thing I hate about the consoles, is how everyone chooses one over the other and just won't listen. I love it how people don't think what they include, or don't for that matter. The Wii isn't really classed as next-gen, its more gameplay over power and in an odd way, i like it. The 360 and ps3 are almost the same give or take, but the ps3 is cheaper in the long term

Playstation 3, 60GB HardDrive, built in wireless, blu-ray drive - £425
Playstation Network - Free

Xbox 360 Premium, 20GB HardDrive - £280
Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive - £130
Xbox 360 Wireless Adaptor - £60
Xbox Live for 1 year - £35

So for an Xbox 360 which is the same in term of specs as the PS3, it costs £500, alot more for the older console?

Sony have said the RRP for games are £39.99, Xbox 360 is £49.99... yeah that makes sense!

People just shun the PS3 for the cost, the Xbox 360 costs more IF you buy the extras, otherwise you've got nothing but a console, not a media center like the PS3
This man brings up a good point.
And I chose the PS3 over the 360 for the game selection, because when it comes down to it, they have just about the same hardware.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
PhaxeNor
:D
+119|6417|Norway | Unkown

buLLet_t00th wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

Where did you see that price, its £39.99 on Play.com, which is the same as 360 games.
Got it from the Norwegian Newspaper (Dagbladet)  (!! Norwegain!!  http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2007/02/27/493447.html )
And a link there to this page: http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content … wsAreaID=2

Gooners wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

Around 83,18 USD or 97,02 CAD

£59.99 is for europe so far as I know.. Reason: http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content … wsAreaID=2
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

I`m gonna get me a PS3, it has as many teraflops as they used when they made Matrix, says a little of the graphics we can expect, it has blueray witch will be the new DVD format !

£425 is a good price for PS3 and if you wait a little the price will fall and the variety of games will be bigger !

Sony ftw !!!!
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland

PhaxeNor wrote:

buLLet_t00th wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

Got it from the Norwegian Newspaper (Dagbladet)  (!! Norwegain!!  http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2007/02/27/493447.html )
And a link there to this page: http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content … wsAreaID=2

Gooners wrote:

PhaxeNor wrote:

Around 83,18 USD or 97,02 CAD

£59.99 is for europe so far as I know.. Reason: http://www.scee.presscentre.com/Content … wsAreaID=2
I heard £49.99 from the official sony site
autopilot
banned
+115|6349

They're spamming exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
topal63
. . .
+533|6720
Well I just bought my son a PS3, as a gift, I am spoiling him pointlessly, for all the excitement he provided me during the soccer season that just ended.

There are no games - we actually want (him, nor I). He said get "Resistance Fall of Man" so I did. It's OK, but it looks a bit primitive. Nothing next-gen about this game. There are just no interesting games yet (IMO), maybe later, but not yet.
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6644|England

PhaxeNor wrote:

Lies, the games are priced at £39.99 max.

Xbox starteed at £49.99 which is closer to yours.

We must however realise that the PS3 is a huge, risky gambit (that apppears to be failing) in which they are selling expensive hardware at half the cost.

It is coming at a personal loss to them so I will gladly play for one now and not later.

Also my family want a Blu Ray, we're tech buff

Also that SCEE link that said 59.99 is in EUROS!!! not pounds!

I am also not bothered about backwards compatiibilty as I will be using the Hd cable for my PS3 and i can keep the SCART plugged in for PS2. That way all I need to do is switch the PS2 on when i want ps2 games

Im most looking foward to Assasins Creed, Dons Edition Godfather and Resistance.

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2007-03-01 10:04:54)

Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6757|Scotland

P00R_M3 wrote:

Not quite right....

The 60 Gb Premium Edition is actually £425. For that you get the most powerfull console and a Blue Ray HD drive, which in it's own right would probably cost most of the £425. This is not just a games console, it's a serious piece of hardware.
I'm sure the price will put a lot of people off, but hardcore gamers will just live with it (I have pre-ordered mine and 3 games for launch)
No. It is a gaming console. Nothing more. Not a serious piece of hardware, not a place where I can install adobe photoshop and paint away. It IS a gaming console, nothing more, nothing less. It just may be more powerful than the 360, that still does not indicate that it is in any way better.
The 360 has all the best games coming out for it, except Metal Gear.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard