ethrion
+25|6395|Hong Kong @ the moment
I am going for my 10 repair points but having a little trouble getting them IAR. What, in peoples opinion is the easiest map to get repair points on and what would be the best way to obtain them? Repairing the commander's equipment or running around after peoples vehicles.

I know that teamwork usually gets you points but the problem is 99% of people out there are anti-team work and all about going off doing their own thing.

p.s. How much needs to be repaired to earn the point? 100% or just a small percentage?

Many thanks in advance. Oh and please feel free to post any comprehensive methods that you might use or know about.

Last edited by ethrion (2007-02-28 01:03:26)

The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6674|Cardiff, Capital of Wales
Warning, expect people to shout "search" at you as there are comprehensive guides here at bf2's.com.

Get in armour, get one of your squad in armour and go from base to base, Songhau is good as you wont be taken out from above but might come across mines in the water.

On you own in a jeep is good you can rip from damaged vehicle to damaged vehicle.

Or on Wake in a flipped up boat.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6328|Australia
I got my basic by going on a Jalalabad server, in a buggy, following a tank around. He provided me with cover from rockets, while I kept him alive.

I think I could have gotten my veteran repair badge if I had joined the round at the beginning.

Edit: Fixed.

Last edited by Sup3r_Dr4gon (2007-02-28 06:28:57)

[PAus] dhoar4
+2|6325

1927 wrote:

Isn't that a form of stat padding?
Fenix14
scout rush kekeke ^___^
+116|6558|Brisbane, Aus

try Warlord on the SAS side, find one of the deticated Warlord servers though. The insurgents always drive down and take out the commander assets.
cospengle
+140|6488|Armidale, NSW, Australia

[PAus] dhoar4 wrote:

1927 wrote:

...a form of statpadding???

That's the example God wrote on the stone tablet just after "Thou shalt not stats pad."

cospengle wrote:

[PAus] dhoar4 wrote:

1927 wrote:

That's the example God wrote on the stone tablet just after "Thou shalt not stats pad."
Just before "Who gives a fuck if thou don't get caught with thou's pants down".
[PAus] dhoar4
+2|6325

1927 wrote:

cospengle wrote:

[PAus] dhoar4 wrote:

Just before "Who gives a fuck if thou don't get caught with thou's pants down".
hahaha

Should I expect you to say that you've stat padded?
I did to get the veteran, I flipped the boat, was no need to as I have got 10 in rounds since, I'm going to have to have a go at the 20 for expert soon and I wont waste much time trying for that one, If I get pissed off I might flip a boat again, afterall It's only a game, one which I enjoy playing but don't take too seriously.
~FuzZz~
.yag era uoy fi siht deaR
+422|6323|Orrstrayleea
I got mine on sharqi as a commander, some ass clown got a supply crate and alot of c4 and kept killing my assets, PUMP SHOTTY KICKED HIS ASS, then i had to repair 2xartys 1 scaner 1 UAV 2 tanks a jeep and sumfin else, almost got my veteran!
Anonymous_Undertaker
+2|6279
Try Operation Queen Sleep.

I got 2 repair points the other day from a damaged Radar,  now that is Bf2 all over. Why I dunno, but I got two snap shots of it.
Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6480|Trondheim, Norway

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I got my basic by going on an IO Jalalabad server, in a buggy, following a tank around. He provided me with cover from rockets, while I kept him alive.

I think I could have gotten my veteran repair badge if I had joined the round at the beginning.
How the fucking hell could you go in a buggy behind a tank on a IO server???!!!!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone

Anonymous_Undertaker wrote:

Try Operation Queen Sleep.

I got 2 repair points the other day from a damaged Radar,  now that is Bf2 all over. Why I dunno, but I got two snap shots of it.
For the OP check out this guide

The reason is you can damage commander assets (and Essex guns) below 0% HP.
Source

DrunkFace wrote:

you can destroy commander assets below 0% HP (-100%). So when you start repairing and it doesnt look like it is its because you are repairing form say -50% health to 0% health. This happens when spec opps use more the 2 C4's or use 2 when the commander asset is already smoking etc. I personlally love it when spec ops do this because you can get 2 repair points from the one commnader asset sometimes.

Also repairing from inside a vehicle is best because.
a) you can repair multiple things
b) you always repair at max speed EDIT: They may have changed this in a later patch because I now believe it repairs at a much  slower rate then getting out and doing it by hand. But is unconfirmed
c) you can repair things from further away
d) you can do other things while repairing... eg sit in gunners seat and defend against incoming troops or command.

DaReJa wrote:

Well, If I Missed It, 2 Repair Points For The Essex, Just Sit Back And Get Those Medals, Engineers FTW.

(MP7 = The Best) .
The Essex as explained above can also be damged to negative 100% HP so to fullly repair it you can get 2 repair points but this is not the standard amount, and it must be dmg alot more.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6464|A W S M F O X
SF is actually the best, Mass Destruction is great, the assets are always in the line of fire, and usually getting destroyed! Thats where i got my veteran.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6328|Australia

Emil_the_Slayer wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

I got my basic by going on an IO Jalalabad server, in a buggy, following a tank around. He provided me with cover from rockets, while I kept him alive.

How the fucking hell could you go in a buggy behind a tank on a IO server???!!!!

I hack.

I'm going to have to fix that post.....

Last edited by Sup3r_Dr4gon (2007-02-28 06:29:18)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Our friend seems to have asked the question, then left the building.

I consider this asked, answered and something that the search feature could have taken care of.
Good thing there's a "Show your posts" link that our new member can use to find your helpful answers.
Hmm.. Wonder if I should go flip a boat over some day..

Anyway, closed.
I need around tree fiddy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard