viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6651|Minnesota
Hey, I was interested in the opinion of my fellow bf2ers on something I've noticed.  I will sometimes frequent the unanswered post section to see if there is anyone that needs some help or anything funny and I noticed at least 10 different posts on one page on clans looking for members.  Isn't this considered advertising (their clan).  Not that I mind, I just don't read them, but searching through all that stuff in kinda annoying.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6769|San Antonio, Texas
There is a clan forum here where clan members advertise their clan and when people advertise themselves for a clan.
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6651|Minnesota
I know, and thats fine, but when the only thing the rules say is "Do not advertise. Ever" where is the line drawn?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6610|132 and Bush

I think the rules prohibit advertising for profit, not for memberships in the appropriate sections..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6380|Pittsburgh, PA USA
It's a BF2 site so you'd figure "recruiting" for your BF2 clan would be ok, it's really not advertising, at least imo.

Last edited by MagikTrik (2007-02-26 20:47:53)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6769|San Antonio, Texas
Clan advertisment on the clan forum is fine, but when you advertise something like your Ebay auction the line is drawn.
viper313
One Shot, One Kill
+53|6651|Minnesota

Kmarion wrote:

I think the rules prohibit advertising for profit, not for memberships in the appropriate sections..
Now that makes sense.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6731|Sydney, Australia
'Advertising' for clans is different. There is a sub-fourm set up for it.

If you are advertising an auction you have going on E-Bay... then that is wrong.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard