AllmightyOz
+50|6488|United States - Ohio
hey I have a serious question here.

Couple months ago I got busted, to make a long story short got charged with possession of marijuana and paraphenalia. At the time I did not have my license, but now I do and I have court tuesday.

My question is, will I lose my license and if so for how long?

Thanks in advance!

- Oz

Karma and my everlasting love to anyone that can help me or give me a source on this!

Last edited by AllmightyOz (2007-02-25 13:23:24)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

AllmightyOz wrote:

hey I have a serious question here.

Couple months ago I got busted, to make a long story short got charged with possession of marijuana and paraphenalia. At the time I did not have my license, but now I do and I have court tuesday.

My question is, will I lose my license and if so for how long?

THanks in advance

- Oz
To make a long story short. No.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina
Well, unless you were driving while high, I don't think they're going to take your license.
AllmightyOz
Do you have any legal background such as being a prosecuter, lawyer, cop, or something? I can't find any sources on the internet that talk about it.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary
And again, the answer is and will be no.  It's a non issue with the charges, and plead NOT GUILTY.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6503|Houston, TX
That is just like asking "what's the best motherboard on the market."  There is no simple answer.

It depends on the circumstances in which you were arrested.  The local laws and ordinances in your area, and how much of a douche bag you are in life and when you were arrested.

Basically....you broke the law...prepare to pay the price.
Turquoise
O Canada
I don't have a legal background, but what's relevant here is whether or not this is your first offense.  If this is the first time you've been busted, you probably won't lose your license.
AllmightyOz
I have a diversrional hearing, something like that, since im under 18 and to not have charges on my recod it says I have to plead guilty to the charges, and I cannot have a lawyer.
Turquoise
O Canada

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

That is just like asking "what's the best motherboard on the market."  There is no simple answer.

It depends on the circumstances in which you were arrested.  The local laws and ordinances in your area, and how much of a douche bag you are in life and when you were arrested.

Basically....you broke the law...prepare to pay the price.
...even if it's a shitty, stupid law that has no relevance anymore....  sadly enough.
AllmightyOz
America has much bigger problems than people who use marijuana. I mean, if you are out there selling it they should crack down on you, but if you are just driving home from buyin it with your friends and NOT smokin while driving, whats the big deal?
It's a waste of your guys' tax dollars to fuck with me in court because of freakin 12 grams of weed and a peace pipe.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

AllmightyOz wrote:

Do you have any legal background such as being a prosecuter, lawyer, cop, or something? I can't find any sources on the internet that talk about it.
I doubt you will find anything use full as legal advice is usually charged out at $ 200.00 + an hour.

Where you driving a car without a licence?
Turquoise
O Canada

AllmightyOz wrote:

America has much bigger problems than people who use marijuana. I mean, if you are out there selling it they should crack down on you, but if you are just driving home from buyin it with your friends and NOT smokin while driving, whats the big deal?
It's a waste of your guys' tax dollars to fuck with me in court because of freakin 12 grams of weed and a peace pipe.
I totally agree, but we have a stupid ignorant society that only half-heartedly believes in freedom.
=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6503|Houston, TX
It's the law.  Deal with it.  You knew it, you broke it, you will now pay for it.

Marijuana leads to a lot of other stuff, and quite often, a certain lifestyle.  If you have that attitude, expect for the judge to be less than amused with you, and to not get any leniency.
AllmightyOz
I was not driving, and I did not have my license at the time. I was merely a passenger. My buddy who is 19 (that was with me and also not driving) and had other charges against him before this lost his license for 6 months.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary
Your under 18??? don't worry about it. Just once you become legal (18) then watch out, a whole new ball game.

ps. Thanks for the karma.

ok, if your under 18 then you don't have to much to worry about as it will not show up on your permeant file. Just cry to the Judge, say your sorry, never do it again...blah blah blah. Since most Judges are Liberal, this will work very well for you.

Last edited by Superslim (2007-02-25 13:33:40)

=MCHD= arush5268d
+46|6503|Houston, TX

Superslim wrote:

Your under 18??? don't worry about it. Just once you become legal (18) then watch out, a whole new ball game.
Just because he is under 18 doesn't mean anything at all.  Many states and municipalities will try him as an adult, and rightfully so.
CommieChipmunk
+488|6571|Portland, OR, USA
bring up the fact that the CIA deals drugs and has been for a while.  There's a video of an LA cop out there who fled to some country in South America recently so he could stay alive.  I bet that'd get you off the hook 
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Just because he is under 18 doesn't mean anything at all.  Many states and municipalities will try him as an adult, and rightfully so.
Not for a petty crime, its too expensive and not worth the bother. It was possession, not trafficking.

Last edited by Superslim (2007-02-25 13:36:01)

Turquoise
O Canada

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Marijuana leads to a lot of other stuff, and quite often, a certain lifestyle.  If you have that attitude, expect for the judge to be less than amused with you, and to not get any leniency.
Bullshit... marijuana is as much of a gateway drug as alcohol and cigarettes.  I agree that if you break the law, you should have to deal with the consequences, but that doesn't change the fact that the law itself is impractical and irrational.

Basically, we should legalize pot, so that people like this guy don't have to deal with being punished for a victimless crime.

Besides, cigarettes are more addictive than pot, and alcohol causes more problems for society than pot.  It's completely asinine that pot hasn't been legalized yet, but Big Tobacco and the various brewing companies don't want competition from other recreational substances.

Still, it is true that you have to pretend you're penitent when dealing with the authorities.  Even if you know the law is bullshit, you have to give the impression that you give a shit.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas

Superslim wrote:

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Superslim wrote:

Not for a petty crime, its too expensive and not worth the bother.
Now if he had a couple of Kgs...
Turquoise
O Canada

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Superslim wrote:

So, it's right to try someone as an adult if they don't have the rights of an adult.  I guess you like treating minors like second class citizens.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

{M5}Sniper3 wrote:

Superslim wrote:

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Not for a petty crime, its too expensive and not worth the bother.
Now if he had a couple of Kgs...
lol. we would have a new best friend!! 
AllmightyOz
Yeah well I got a haircut, bought a shirt n tie, and I am going to pretend I give a shit about this when I go to court. I even stopped smoking (pot) because of this. Will I start again? Possibly but deff. not in the near future and deff not after college.
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6693|Calgary

Turquoise wrote:

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Bullshit... marijuana is as much of a gateway drug as alcohol and cigarettes.  I agree that if you break the law, you should have to deal with the consequences, but that doesn't change the fact that the law itself is impractical and irrational.

Basically, we should legalize pot, so that people like this guy don't have to deal with being punished for a victimless crime.

Besides, cigarettes are more addictive than pot, and alcohol causes more problems for society than pot.  It's completely asinine that pot hasn't been legalized yet, but Big Tobacco and the various brewing companies don't want competition from other recreational substances.

Still, it is true that you have to pretend you're penitent when dealing with the authorities.  Even if you know the law is bullshit, you have to give the impression that you give a shit.
How Ironic, i'm drinking a beer and having a smoke while posting here................lol
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6761|San Antonio, Texas

Turquoise wrote:

=MCHD= arush5268d wrote:

Superslim wrote:

So, it's right to try someone as an adult if they don't have the rights of an adult.  I guess you like treating minors like second class citizens.
It really doen't matter. If you're 17 and you know it's wrong, what's the difference of another year?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard