FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
Titan or APC or transport pods etc, can they be blown up? Ive tried a bit of clay pidgeon shooting using the Titan AA guns to test this, but to no avail. Anyone ever done it/had it done to them?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
Yes they are. Because I had my first in-air pod death earlier today ;P
fasty77killa
+2|6543|Omaha NE
i have a mixed feeling about this
i have landed next to a apm mine and died and next jump did not die even with the apm mine right next to me
jsnipy
+3,276|6538|...

They are just hard to hit.

lpod > gunship
psH
Banned
+217|6399|Sydney

jsnipy wrote:

They are just hard to hit.

lpod > gunship
Ive killed quite a few people  doing that...they work on FAV's too.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum
O yeah, i know that Pods can take out anything, depending on initial health and current health, but i personally have never been killed while in one
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6672|UK
yes they are, ive killed a few wen they pod on to titan with the anti air gun
stryyker
bad touch
+1,682|6736|California

I doubt any of you have. The armor of a pod is 10,000

compared to a mech, which has about 1000
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6516|so randum

stryyker wrote:

That clears a lot up then
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland
i wonder why they don't equip infantry with it, if they were campers for hours and never needed to move.

GODMODE
Apoc-SAS
rebmeM
+39|6404|Scotland

stryyker wrote:

Rubix-Cubes wrote:

yes they are, ive killed a few wen they pod on to titan with the anti air gun
hax.
BeerzGod
Hooray Beer!
+94|6586|United States
I've never been killed in a pod or killed someone in a pod, and believe that it's quite impossible. Although, I think you should be able to kill podded people with the titans AA guns. It would make the titan assault a lot more interesting and/or challenging.
kachunkachunk
+8|6405|Ontario
I agree with you on that one, Beerz.

While on the topic of drop pods, I have to admit that I'm rather 50/50 on the whole "insta-kill most vehicles in a pod" thing. I really think it's quite cheap and seems rather... exploit-ish, while I frequently find it something I need to do, since the team would do that much better if I squashed the enemy gunship / transport flying around my titan. Maybe they should lower the amount of damage it did to aircraft? It makes landing one on an enemy titan a pretty short-lived asset. This is both good and bad.

Like I said, I'm totally 50/50. What about you folks?
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6509|N. Ireland

stryyker wrote:

BeerzGod wrote:

I've never been killed in a pod or killed someone in a pod, and believe that it's quite impossible. Although, I think you should be able to kill podded people with the titans AA guns. It would make the titan assault a lot more interesting and/or challenging.
Well meet me I have destroyed a pod successfully, also getting myself a nice easy kill. I'll post a screenshot up later of my BFHQ. I've killed and been killed tens of times, and have destroyed one.
InfectiousShadow
BF2S Resident Bass Player
+45|6448|Washington State, USA

kachunkachunk wrote:

I agree with you on that one, Beerz.

While on the topic of drop pods, I have to admit that I'm rather 50/50 on the whole "insta-kill most vehicles in a pod" thing. I really think it's quite cheap and seems rather... exploit-ish, while I frequently find it something I need to do, since the team would do that much better if I squashed the enemy gunship / transport flying around my titan. Maybe they should lower the amount of damage it did to aircraft? It makes landing one on an enemy titan a pretty short-lived asset. This is both good and bad.

Like I said, I'm totally 50/50. What about you folks?
how about it just kills the occupant of the pod and does minimal to no damage to the vehicle?
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6638|Little Bentcock
No, not that I know of.
flogging*molly
+2|6280
it would be good if you could at least blow them off course.

Say with the titan aa guns if you score enough hits on a pod you could prevent it from landing on the titan by pushing it far enough away.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard