Poll

Do you think using Solo Choppers is wrong?

Yes30%30% - 56
No69%69% - 127
Total: 183
Drexel
+43|6487|Philadelphia
This poll is a result of a previous poll that stated asked:

Is it forbidden to switch seats in a chopper?

The results were like 99% the answer no.  I feel because it's asking a fact, not each person's opinion.

Now, there are people out there saying that this proves that the majority says solo choppering is fine.  I beg to differ.  I rephrased the wording to what I believe would present a more applicable result.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=64742

Last edited by Drexel (2007-02-22 11:16:54)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6643|Finland

This is the exact same poll, wouldn't you agree?

The poll results in Ubersturmbannfuhrers thread are pretty clear. I don't think a little rephrasing will help.
I'll let this one stay open a while, let's see where the votes go.
I need around tree fiddy.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center

DonFck wrote:

This is the exact same poll, wouldn't you agree?

The poll results in Ubersturmbannfuhrers thread are pretty clear. I don't think a little rephrasing will help.
I'll let this one stay open a while, let's see where the votes go.
No, he rephrased the wording to what he believes would show a more applicable result. 
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6643|Finland

Drexel: "Do you think using Solo Choppers is wrong?"
Uber: "Is it forbidden to switch seats in a helicopter?"

Yes.. I see the difference..
I need around tree fiddy.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6720
Change the question to "Is it wrong to solo chopper when there are others that want to use the chopper too?"

Other wise you still have a weighted question... Ofcorse your going to solo if no one else wants to get in the chopper.
Drexel
+43|6487|Philadelphia
Forbidden implies that it's against the rules

wrong implies that a person know it's legal, but thinks it shouldn't be.

The first poll was along the lines of it being illegal, but everyone knows that it isn't.  My question is if people actually think that people should be doing it regardless of if it's allowed.

**Geeze, I should have been a politician, calling the results fixed over 1 word.. 

I'm not trying to whine, I'm just trying to get more accurate results.  I'm curious.

Last edited by Drexel (2007-02-22 11:31:33)

Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6490|Trondheim, Norway
Can't believe everyone is whining such about it, what the hell is wrong with it? switching seats in cars, boats, tanks etc. don't make people whine.... so my vote is definately No.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6449
Is it wrong to think that Bugs Bunny looked hot when he dressed up as a female bunny?
I-=C-A-V-E-M-A-N=-I
+12|6382|Ohio
This is just another question for people that are all pissy about the game not being 110% realistic.  Sure its unrealistic to switch seats in a helo,  but so is not being able to shoot your gun because you jumped, yet this is one of the things that had to get taken out.  Why?  It's simple people cant aim, and then they cry nonstop about how people jump around killin them nonstop (quit going prone everytime you see something!).  Either way, it's a damn game.  It's not meant to be 110% realistic.  You should be able to use everything in the game to your advantage (jumping, shooting while jumping, switching seats, but not hacking/ glitching).  The problem with this game is that they nerf and noob everything for the little children.
=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6596|England
Can we stop this please.

Solo choppering is a valid tactic, and now that AA can still lock on, is arguably more difficult than having a pilot and gunner.

What is the problem? I have over 150 hours in a chopper in which i came from not being able to take off (seriously) to being pretty decent now. I have learnt the tactics and learnt to adapt. Now, you OP have 20 odd hours and you feel ready to cry.

Please people, can we just stop whining and play. Its all the whining that has slowly killed this game with one nerf-erific patch after another.

So please, listen to Jesus,

https://www.sundancedesigns.net/whine.JPG

Though complaining about the G36E, in measured small amounts, is not considered blasphemous.

Last edited by =Karma-Kills= (2007-02-22 12:29:50)

Emil
Teh strogg!
+205|6490|Trondheim, Norway

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Can we stop this please.

Solo choppering is a valid tactic, and now that AA can still lock on, is arguably more difficult than having a pilot and gunner.

What is the problem? I have over 150 hours in a chopper in which i came from not being able to take off (seriously) to being pretty decent now. I have learnt the tactics and learnt to adapt. Now, you OP have 20 odd hours and you feel ready to cry.

Please people, can we just stop whining and play. Its all the whining that has slowly killed this game with one nerf-erific patch after another.

So please, leaseon to Jesus,

http://www.sundancedesigns.net/whine.JPG

Though complaining about the G36E, in measured small amounts, is not considered blasphemous.
Amen
duk0r
Administrator
+306|6679|Austin, TX

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Can we stop this please.

Solo choppering tends to take away from the teamwork aspect of the game. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people take off in the chopper so they can go solo against, whatever...

Now if the ability to switch seats real quick in the attack chopper were removed, this would require the pilot to go find a gunner and go support ground troops by taking out enemy troops with his gun.

Solo choppering is just throwing fuel on the fire of chopper whores.

Personally I think solo choppering should be removed from the game thus promoting more teamwork.

And no, solo choppering is NOT harder its just as easy if not easier to take out targets. Ever heard of macros?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
Afrika_18
+26|6553
Its reprehensible.  People who fly choppers alone should be drawn and quartered.  Its all about the team, man.   The Team!!  Of what use to The Team is a lone-passengered chopper?  Its about half-useful, I guess; which is one-half-useful too little!!  How dare someone take off in a chopper without a gunner, thereby committing valuable military hardware to only half-efficiency and denying your team points.  OH GOD THE TEAM!!  MY LIFE FOR THE TEAM!!  BUTCHER THEM!! CONSIGN THEIR SOULS TO ETERNAL HELLFIRE!! RIP OUT THEIR INNARDS AND STRANGLE THEM WITH THEM BEFORE THEIR LIVING KIN!! NO PUNISHMENT IS TOO SEVERE FOR THOSE WHO WOULD DENY THE TEAM1111.
Chorcai
+49|6659|Ireland

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Can we stop this please.

So please, listen to Jesus,
Chorcai
+49|6659|Ireland

duk0r wrote:

And no, solo choppering is NOT harder its just as easy if not easier to take out targets. Ever heard of macros?
What do u mean macros, its "f2", then, "right click" aim fire. I mean if ya need a macro to do that you shouldn't be playing in the 1st place.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6840|Grapevine, TX
No, it has taken countless hours and deaths, to finally solo and TV! It is one of the most challenging aspects of the game. Realistic, no, but reviving goes along the same lines. I guess when i first encountered a soloing pilot at Kubra one day I thought for sure that guy was cheating. Being a young Sargent, pre-1.3, also my first online game to play, I didn't have the open mind to think it was possible.

I just finished a round with 150 something points on Dragon Valley, so I assure you, if you stick with it and practice {ON SINGLEPLAYER / EMPTY SERVER!!} you can solo, like the best of them!
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6596|England

duk0r wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Can we stop this please.

Solo choppering tends to take away from the teamwork aspect of the game. I can't tell you how many times I have seen people take off in the chopper so they can go solo against, whatever...

Now if the ability to switch seats real quick in the attack chopper were removed, this would require the pilot to go find a gunner and go support ground troops by taking out enemy troops with his gun.

Personally I think solo choppering should be removed from the game thus promoting more teamwork.

Wow, did you see how i managed to spell "listen" there?!

Anyways, here we go again.

You see the chopper on the pad, no one is around... oh ill just see how many times i can spam "requesting reinforcements" then, wating for a gunner.

You are in the chopper, taking off, some G36E wielding PFC with a 0 - 6 KDR comes running towards you... spaming "requesting a pickup" in between "yes sir" and "enemy boat spotted". What do you do?

1. You bite the bullet and pick the guy up, heck he may be ubez0r.
2. You promptly do your best to spin, and if hes does get in you head to the edge of the map or for laughs just bail and watch him crash.

Now, lets supose you go with Numero Uno. The guy could be Tving everything in sight, knows his hit boxes and is helping the team.

Or, hes the sorta guy that MGs tanks, and shouts "H4xx" (after finaly learning to right click and TV) when his TV goes through.

To be honest, a chopper with a decent gunner is much better than a solo pilot. But one with a shoddy gunner is next to worthless.

I tried macros with my G15, and tbh i found they made the process harder. I need to be in control, and in a fratnic firefight one slip of the finger could send you right click, left click, left click, left click, change view, bail... in a storm of macros.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6840|Grapevine, TX

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

You see the chopper on the pad, no one is around... oh ill just see how many times i can spam "requesting reinforcements" then, wating for a gunner.

You are in the chopper, taking off, some G36E wielding PFC with a 0 - 6 KDR comes running towards you... spaming "requesting a pickup" in between "yes sir" and "enemy boat spotted". What do you do?

2. You promptly do your best to spin, and if hes does get in you head to the edge of the map or for laughs just bail and watch him crash.

Now, lets supose you go with Numero Uno. The guy could be Tving everything in sight, knows his hit boxes and is helping the team.

Or, hes the sorta guy that MGs tanks, and shouts "H4xx" (after finaly learning to right click and TV) when his TV goes through.

To be honest, a chopper with a decent gunner is much better than a solo pilot. But one with a shoddy gunner is next to worthless.

Quote for Fuckign Emphesis!
too_money2007
+145|6319|Keller, Tx

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

duk0r wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

Can we stop this please.

Wow, did you see how i managed to spell "listen" there?!

I tried macros with my G15, and tbh i found they made the process harder. I need to be in control, and in a fratnic firefight one slip of the finger could send you right click, left click, left click, left click, change view, bail... in a storm of macros.
I love you. No, seriously. Best arguements for soloing ever. Us soloers are the greatest players in the game.
steelie34
pub hero!
+603|6392|the land of bourbon
don't believe the caption... that dude is totally redlining his co-pilot

http://news.yahoo.com/photo/070222/480/ … bd2sBH2ocA
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36e1d9e36ae924048a933db90fb05bb247fe315e.png
Flex
Flex Appeal
+18|6481|NY
Id go with choice #2 everytime. Nothing wrong with soloing and if someone is low ranked, 0-6, and spamming to get picked up i will spin like the tasmanian devil and get the hell out.

ps i have NEVER redlined ONCE in 600+ hours but have been on the recieving end many times....
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6335|Graz, Austria
Switching seats in choppers is the single most ridiculous thing in this game.
And don't tell me now that it's just an arcade game and no simulation. It's just stupid.

Dice should really remove seat switching for pilots/drivers during flight/driving in a patch.
(T)eflon(S)hadow
R.I.P. Neda
+456|6840|Grapevine, TX

globefish23 wrote:

And don't tell me now that it's just an arcade game and no simulation. It's just stupid.

Dice should really remove seat switching for pilots/drivers during flight/driving in a patch.
So when you are driving a FAV or DPV, and a Heli swoops down on your, Dice should make it that you cant switch to the 2nd position and gun him down, unless you have a team mate in F2 seat? NO
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6344

globefish23 wrote:

ok then.

What about when your own team mate shoots you out of a cockpit?
What about the black hawk guns that are totally useless?
What about the jets and choppers that can take 2 AA missiles and not be blown out of the sky?
What about the choppers being able to take an AT rocket ANYWHERE and take 1/3 of its health?
What about the soldier that can take a pistol shot to the head and not die?
What about the medics that can instantly bring people back to life?
What about the support guys that have an endless supply of ammo?

See where I'm going with this?

Unless I'm flying with people I know and trust as good pilots (ie P-Murda, [MORK]Death, Black Rat) I'll m95/redline any one because 95% of the time I know I'll do better on my own and I'm not prepared to take the risk of dying 10 seconds later cause my gunner cant hit a barn door with the tv missile or my pilot likes to hover two feet above the ground waiting for enemy tv missile/at rocket/c4

Last edited by ShoopDaWhoop (2007-02-22 14:23:47)

=Karma-Kills=
+356|6596|England

globefish23 wrote:

Greeting Soldiers: Patch 1.5

Thanks to troop reports coming back from the front lines, we at DICE are pleased to announce new changes to Battlefield 2. By request of Gunnery Sergeant Globefish23, solo choppering will be disabled, and in our continued effort to increase realism, the death / respawn system has been completely remastered.

You are now allowed one death per CD Key. Use it wisely.

The DICE Team.

gg

yayz teh realism.

Its a game.

Play it and dont cry.

Last edited by =Karma-Kills= (2007-02-22 14:23:21)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard