sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina
Your country = country where you live, not America.

The illegal drugs consumption is increasing worldwide.  How would you solve this problem?  Which drugs should be legal?

Last edited by sergeriver (2007-02-22 11:18:38)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
Easy, legalize it.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

ATG wrote:

Easy, legalize it.
Would you legalize cocaine consumption?
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440
agree, legalize it like holland.  drug use does NOT increase due to legalization, its been proven there already.  adult consumption has stayed the same, but teenage consumption has actually decreased. 

we do things because they are illegal and forbidden, if weed were legal, i bet a helluva lot less ppl would do it, same with underage drinking
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6602|Finland

Where's my "utopia"-plan..

I had one..

FOUND IT!

Narcotics Control Utopia á lá DonFck, Date: 2006-09-26 wrote:

Dear hippies and neo-cons,

Inspired by the "Do you think marijuana should be legalized"-thread an old idea came back to mind. I've been thinking about this specific idea before, and during a business trip a few weeks back, my boss (a die-hard conservative) and I discussed this. We both agreed that this would be the ultimate solution, but could never happen in the real world. This idea has probably been thrown out by others before, it's not that unique per se, but what is the opinion of the bf2s community?

100% State controlled narcotics distribution system

People do drugs, that's a well known fact. I'm not counting in cannabis as drug here, because it's as dangerous as inhaling city air. In this thread the word "drugs" will refer to the stuff you and I would never take. The narcotics that we fear. The dope that we never want to see or admit existence of in our own neighborhood. The shit that when overused, kills/makes people dysfunctional/burdens to society.

Now that we have this semantic issue settled, let's get to the idea.
People do drugs -> drugs cause health issues -> crime -> social problems -> unemployment -> death.

Drug use is a burden to society which consumes government resources on a global scale. The control and stopping of drug flow into countries is some seriously expensive shit, as is the health care of the drug-(ab)users and upholding of the prison system.

The solution would be that everything would be state controlled. From production and distribution to retail. Prices would be set so low that the criminal distribution would simply not be worth the hassle.

Now you're thinking, "Don, you stupid cunt face, why would you give away drugs for almost free, and contribute to the problem?" But maybe it's the solution instead?

The Government would control everything.
- Registered users are entitled to a certain amount
- Constant control of addiction level and interference if necessary
- Instruments for administration of narcotics would be distributed and disposed in the controlled locations
- The taking of drugs would be done at the distribution location; no narcotics would leave the distribution point

Other benefits:
- Stopping the spreading of lethal viruses via needle
- A tax income that would pay for the whole enchilada and then some
- Less pressure on health care, border-control, police..
- There would be no "bad shit" on the market

Narcotics-awareness would be mandatory in every school at the age of e.g. 10. The saved money that the "new system" would give, could more than enough pay for a concise drug-awareness program.

Add your ideas and comments, in other words, discuss.
I need around tree fiddy.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command

sergeriver wrote:

ATG wrote:

Easy, legalize it.
Yes. All drugs.
The police are corrupted by the money of selling.

Our government is too crooked to do the right thing and enforce the laws uniformly.

It's also a reason why the border is open; people in power are getting rich off the illegal drug trade.

I've done my share of drugs, and none of them are all that addicting.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440
he Dutch policy recognizes that drug use may often just be a youthful indiscretion, but emphasizes compassion and treatment for those who develop drug use problems. Using this pragmatic approach, the government sets clear priorities based on the perceived risks of particular drugs. Public health is the overriding concern.

Possession of small amounts of cannabis for personal use has been decriminalized in the Netherlands. The sale of cannabis is technically an offence under the Opium Act, but prosecutorial guidelines provide that proceedings will only be instituted in certain situations. An operator or owner of a coffee shop (which is not permitted to sell alcohol) will avoid prosecution if he/she meets the following criteria:

* no more than 5 grams per person may be sold in any one transaction;
    * no hard drugs may be sold;
    * drugs may not be advertised;
    * the coffee shop must not cause any nuisance;
    * no drugs can be sold to minors (under age 18), nor may minors enter the premises; and
    * the municipality has not ordered the establishment closed.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

ATG wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

ATG wrote:

Easy, legalize it.
Yes. All drugs.
The police are corrupted by the money of selling.

Our government is too crooked to do the right thing and enforce the laws uniformly.

It's also a reason why the border is open; people in power are getting rich off the illegal drug trade.

I've done my share of drugs, and none of them are all that addicting.
But cocaine/heroin?  I don't know.  Close the border, but legalize it?
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio
Beat them with my club in my cave.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440
The Netherlands' drug policy is the most nonpunitive in Europe. For more than twenty years, Dutch citizens over age eighteen have been permitted to buy and use cannabis (marijuana and hashish) in government-regulated coffee shops. This policy has not resulted in dramatically escalating cannabis use. For most age groups, rates of marijuana use in the Netherlands are similar to those in the United States. However, for young adolescents, rates of marijuana use are lower in the Netherlands than in the United States. The Dutch people overwhelmingly approve of current cannabis policy which seeks to normalize rather than dramatize cannabis use. The Dutch government occasionally revises existing policy, but it remains committed to decriminalization.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

norge wrote:

he Dutch policy recognizes that drug use may often just be a youthful indiscretion, but emphasizes compassion and treatment for those who develop drug use problems. Using this pragmatic approach, the government sets clear priorities based on the perceived risks of particular drugs. Public health is the overriding concern.

Possession of small amounts of cannabis for personal use has been decriminalized in the Netherlands. The sale of cannabis is technically an offence under the Opium Act, but prosecutorial guidelines provide that proceedings will only be instituted in certain situations. An operator or owner of a coffee shop (which is not permitted to sell alcohol) will avoid prosecution if he/she meets the following criteria:

* no drugs can be sold to minors (under age 18), nor may minors enter the premises; and
But cannabis is one thing, and cocaine/heroin is another different thing.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio
Don't forget steroids.
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6692|oregon
I go to a PUBLIC high school of 220 kids, about half of which do drugs. If drugs were legalized, there would be no need to get high out of your mind because the kids just do it ot give a big "fuck you" to the authority.

Bottom line is that legalizing drugs would allow people to not have to compulsively do it, and people that still don't want to do them don't have to. We should treat drugs as we treat cigarrettes however, they can be forbiden in certain establishments such as restaurants and schools.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

Don't get emo.

/waits for Bollox to post link to emo thread
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6654|West Yorkshire, U.K
Introduce the death sentence to the scum who deal it
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio
Awesome.  So we can have 12 yr old football players using steroids.  Good idea.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Don't get emo.

/waits for Bollox to post link to emo thread
No, I rather like that description TBH.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440

sergeriver wrote:

norge wrote:

But cannabis is one thing, and cocaine/heroin is another different thing.
I do not think that any hard drugs that cause extreme physicaly and mental addictions should ever be legalized, nor should they be manufactured.  Any drug that is made in a lab, or made the way that coke is made, shouldnt be ingested by humans.  If you see what kinda shit they make coke with, its disgusting, and you would never want to touch the shit either.

Marijuana doesnt harm anyone or anything, its a plant that grows naturally.  True the coca plant grows naturally, but in order to extract the cocaine, its disgusting, as well as dangerous. 

Using a vaporizer for the extraction of THC is the best way to go IMO, and there is not one negative affect of weed when used in this way.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6727|Argentina

usmarine2007 wrote:

Include stereoids as well.  They are a disgrace for sports.
norge
J-10 and a coke please
+18|6440

soldevilla13 wrote:

I go to a PUBLIC high school of 220 kids, about half of which do drugs. If drugs were legalized, there would be no need to get high out of your mind because the kids just do it ot give a big "fuck you" to the authority.

Bottom line is that legalizing drugs would allow people to not have to compulsively do it, and people that still don't want to do them don't have to. We should treat drugs as we treat cigarrettes however, they can be forbiden in certain establishments such as restaurants and schools.
weed should be legal, cigs should be illegal.  cigs are a horribly habit forming and addicting item that does absolutely nothing besides cause lung cancer.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

sergeriver wrote:

usmarine2007 wrote:

Include steroids as well.  They are a disgrace for sports.
Bingo.  And then when a freshman running back screws his knee up, instead of healing it, he can inject it full of pain killers so by the time he is 30 he will be in a wheelchair.  Legalize Drugs!  No harm.
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6692|oregon
Whoever takes steroids is a bitch to the society they live in, if they have to use shit like that, they shouldn't be playing sports anyways. Athletics are for motivated people who challenge themselves, not their syringe.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6337|Columbus, Ohio

soldevilla13 wrote:

Whoever takes steroids is a bitch to the society they live in, if they have to use shit like that, they shouldn't be playing sports anyways. Athletics are for motivated people who challenge themselves, not their syringe.
You are missing the point.
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6692|oregon
On the other hand, anyone playing sports at a high level will have trouble when they are older just because of the strain on their joints/muscles; although steroids speed it up, they are not the only contributor.
soldevilla13
SuperFly
+21|6692|oregon

usmarine2007 wrote:

soldevilla13 wrote:

You are missing the point.
ok, what is the point please, so i can make an educated response.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard