DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Dear hippies and neo-cons,

Inspired by the "Do you think marijuana should be legalized"-thread an old idea came back to mind. I've been thinking about this specific idea before, and during a business trip a few weeks back, my boss (a die-hard conservative) and I discussed this. We both agreed that this would be the ultimate solution, but could never happen in the real world. This idea has probably been thrown out by others before, it's not that unique per se, but what is the opinion of the bf2s community?

100% State controlled narcotics distribution system

People do drugs, that's a well known fact. I'm not counting in cannabis as drug here, because it's as dangerous as inhaling city air. In this thread the word "drugs" will refer to the stuff you and I would never take. The narcotics that we fear. The dope that we never want to see or admit existence of in our own neighborhood. The shit that when overused, kills/makes people dysfunctional/burdens to society.

Now that we have this semantic issue settled, let's get to the idea.
People do drugs -> drugs cause health issues -> crime -> social problems -> unemployment -> death.

Drug use is a burden to society which consumes government resources on a global scale. The control and stopping of drug flow into countries is some seriously expensive shit, as is the health care of the drug-(ab)users and upholding of the prison system.

The solution would be that everything would be state controlled. From production and distribution to retail. Prices would be set so low that the criminal distribution would simply not be worth the hassle.

Now you're thinking, "Don, you stupid cunt face, why would you give away drugs for almost free, and contribute to the problem?" But maybe it's the solution instead?

The Government would control everything.
- Registered users are entitled to a certain amount
- Constant control of addiction level and interference if necessary
- Instruments for administration of narcotics would be distributed and disposed in the controlled locations
- The taking of drugs would be done at the distribution location; no narcotics would leave the distribution point

Other benefits:
- Stopping the spreading of lethal viruses via needle
- A tax income that would pay for the whole enchilada and then some
- Less pressure on health care, border-control, police..
- There would be no "bad shit" on the market

Narcotics-awareness would be mandatory in every school at the age of e.g. 10. The saved money that the "new system" would give, could more than enough pay for a concise drug-awareness program.

Add your ideas and comments, in other words, discuss.

Last edited by DonFck (2006-09-26 02:40:05)

I need around tree fiddy.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

Apparently the idea above is constructed with such an incomparable cunning and finesse, that no-one wants to question its perfection?

Your answer doesn't need to be as elaborate as the OP, you can simply reply by saying "Fuck yea!" or "Hell no!"

Last edited by DonFck (2006-09-26 02:41:53)

mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6439|Germany
yep, it's a nice idea and I think it could probably work. but it's just a thought; it will never happen. Too many people earn too much money with drugs, they will never give it up.
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6633|Finland

mr.hrundi wrote:

yep, it's a nice idea and I think it could probably work. but it's just a thought; it will never happen. Too many people earn too much money with drugs, they will never give it up.
But if the quality/pricing is far better on the state-controlled products? The consumers go where they get the best deal, I'd say. In other words, criminal distribution would be forced to end at some point.

If you're referring to corruption within the system promoting criminal distribution and the lobbying aginst the idea, then we're out of luck.
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6569|Bristol UK
ITs a good idea and may work in perfect society, the unfortunate truth that if this method was opted i think there would be a larger scale of addiction with narcotics beeing more freely available. As we are talking about class A drugs, of which can and have been none to kill a person with one moderate dose, and in many circumstances even with EMT on the seen, these often all turn out fatal. This idea would inevetably increase the death rate with more average people opting to experiance what drugs are like legal, this could also have a bigger impact on the health system.
   I also could see the criminal underworld developing more harsher drugs to curb the usage of what typical class A drugs would become the norm in time with this method. This would typicaly recall the varing social classes which tend to become involved with drugs in an illegal aspect all over again.
   These are just some things i can see appearing. I am no politician or economic/social stratergist but as i am currently trying to write a report at the same time as this ehhh you get the idea BF2s comes first.
  Dont get me wrong DONFCK but this problems never going to go away. But a good idea any way so +1 Karma
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6723|Sydney, Australia
There was a level of state control in a trial in Sydney. It was a 'heroin injetcing room' in Kings Cross. It was only offering a needle exchange program, with no state provided drugs.

I do agree with what you say about "bad shit". It is someimes the chemicals used to cut heroin or an unknown strength that will cause people to OD. It's not like they "decide they want to OD tonight".

But I do think that the new synthetic party drugs, such as Ice, should be 'permabanned'. Those things will fuck you up really good.

Mcminty.
mr.hrundi
Wurstwassereis
+68|6439|Germany

DonFck wrote:

mr.hrundi wrote:

But if the quality/pricing is far better on the state-controlled products? The consumers go where they get the best deal, I'd say. In other words, criminal distribution would be forced to end at some point.

If you're referring to corruption within the system promoting criminal distribution and the lobbying aginst the idea, then we're out of luck.
I'm referring to persons who are big in drug-business but also have powers in politics, it doesn't matter if they pay lots of money to politicians or if they are politicians themselves. The one minister of Afghanistan for example, whos job it is to abolish drug production and smuggling in his country is also pretty much the pablo escobar of the middle east.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6757|United States of America
Of course if it's this way for drugs the government would take over the firearms too.  I don't know about you but I like the security in my home when I know I can whip out my .45.  Overall that plan looks good.
Marlboroman82
Personal philosophy: Clothing optional.
+1,022|6625|Camp XRay

Fuck yea...I think that may be a plausable solution. What I worry about is the loss of the personal relationships. I mean when i head across the tracks to score a rock from my dealer it's nice to know that he is there for me. I can talk to him about my day, and he tells me about all the ho he had to back hand that morning. I mean where I am going to get that type of relationship if the goverment controls everything??
https://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l250/marlboroman82/Untitled-8.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard