~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate
+396|6536|Internetfitlerland

The Following are the Rules in place on the BF2s Australian Server:

BF2s Australian Server Rules

[*]No uncap baseraping in vehicles.  This means, no Arty, Bombing runs, kit weapons only!
[*]No cheating, you´ll get reported!
[*]No statspadding, you´ll get reported!
[*]No teamkilling for vehicles!  Do this and expect to be kicked for some one who wont do it.
[*]No continuous swearing or foul language, this is tolerated if it is made by mistake but it is not necessary.
[*]No punishing for accidental tk´s!
[*]No vehicle blocking to cause tk´s!
[/list]

If you are found breaking the rules of the BF2s AU server, you will be dealt with according to the guidelines set out by Admins.

Clarifaction on the Base Raping Rule
I'd like to clarify the "no base rape rule".

The actual wording of the rule is "Attacking uncappable flags in a vehicle is against the server rules".

That means no J-10 nailing the carrier on Wake.  It also means no attack chopper nailing the carrier.  There is nothing stopping a flying cow from dropping a squad onto the carrier, and for that squad to run around killing people.  If the players on the carrier are unable to repel such an attack, sucks to be them.

The spirit of the rule is to give people spawning on the carrier the opportunity to actually leave the carrier.  Wake is not supposed to be about shooting fish in a barrel.

There is no rule that says a J-10 can't shoot down an F-35, just because the F-35 happens to be rearming.  If the F-35 pilot can't shake the J-10, sucks to be him.  Aircraft can enage other aircraft anywhere.

RE Admins not kicking people who are breaking the rules, I'd like to say this:  We can only be in one place at a time.  For an admin to kick a player from the server, they must be satisfied that the rules have actually been broken.  Lots of people complaining about rules being broken, without actual proof, is not sufficient cause to kick a player.  Admins frequently change teams so that they can witness first-hand the actions of suspicious players.  We need to make sure that the server is administered fairly to all.  That includes being fair to those being accused.

The server does not have permanent admins.  We do have lives outside of BF2.  The BF2S members are very kindly giving up their time to administer the Australian BF2S server.  As a player, if you believe someone else is breaking the rules, you can report this behaviour to the admins for investigation.  Every match is recorded using Battlerecorder, and is therefore able to be replayed for investigative purposes.  When reporting an alleged breach of rules, it is in your best interests to provide as much information as possible:

1.  A screenshot (if possible) of the offending action, and of the scoreboard.
2.  The date and time of the event.
3.  Your in-game nickname and that of the offender.  We cannot investigate "some guy was haxxing".  We need specifics.
4.  And, of course, the action or event that you believe merits administrative attention.

I hope this clarifies things.

^^ Creds to maxx on this.

Dont Do It!
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6389

Finally, some hard evidence that baseraping is NOT allowed.

(Hmm, time to report some people)

BTW, Isn't it an IO only server anyway?

Last edited by some_random_panda (2007-02-22 03:07:04)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6485|Melbourne

Good work Smokey.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

Yes, therefore you can technically base rape since you can only use kit weapons but we can keep that between us...
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6389

~Smokey~ wrote:

Yes, therefore *ahem, heh heh heh* since you can only use kit weapons but we can keep that between us...

I didn't hear a thing...
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6462|A W S M F O X
I reckon a good rule for base raping on wake or any carrier level is you can only do it if US has a flag, that makes sense to me, but whatever.

Last edited by JET_G raidensen (2007-03-16 20:58:08)

pj666
+16|6364|Sydney, Australia
Well, I just tried the Au server for the first time, after saw R3v4n's post trying to get people to play - about 4.30pm Sunday 22/4. Normally play Internode.

And the baseraping Olympics were on on Oman. Overall it was decent back and forth couple of games, and then as MEC we got driven back to just the uncap base. It was apparently declared a free fire zone. So as we tried to hold off the waves of infantry coming at us from the west, we also had air support ripping us apart and trying to stop our planes getting off, and idiots in jeeps & APCs doing doughies round the flag knocking off the spawners.

I hung in there trying to hold them back, until the game ended, left an abusive message for all, and quit to find another server. It's hard enough trying to come back from that situation on a 32 Oman map even if the rule is being enforced, especially given the USMC pilots were pretty decent.

And it was great seeing the admin chat coming up warning about not baseraping, while it went on for minutes.

I won't exactly be rushing back. Maybe I'll try the Saturday night game when the adults might be watching the kids ...

PS And don't bother asking me to report who it was, the battlerecorder was going so watch the evidence .....

Last edited by pj666 (2007-04-22 00:24:16)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6485|Melbourne

Sorry to hear that mate, unfortunately admins cant be always present.  We will keep an eye out for it.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
pj666
+16|6364|Sydney, Australia
Thanks for that. All I can ask for.
~Smokey~
Steve Irwin Reincarnate

Well considering over the past 3 days I have kicked about 6 people for base raping and banned 4 people (again base raping straight after I kicked and warned 3 people), Id say people are (slowly) getting the message.

If you have xfire, you can join when an admin is on, so your experience will be slightly more enhanced.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6389

~Smokey~ wrote:

Well considering over the past 3 days I have kicked about 6 people for base raping and banned 4 people (again base raping straight after I kicked and warned 3 people), Id say people are (slowly) getting the message.

If you have xfire, you can join when an admin is on, so your experience will be slightly more enhanced.
Lol at yesterday.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard