kptk92
u
+972|6428|tc_london

Retalliation[1337] wrote:

kptk92 wrote:

Strange, the patch is taking years to load!!!

I should be around half way but I'm still only 4% through!!!
I've got a new comp ffs!!!
Psst every level it restarts it does 100% per level object etc
No, I meant Downloading, not the actual patching of the game.

Sorry, error there.
Installing on EA Link now, its faster for me =O
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6465|The Land of Scott Walker

Neoburn_1035 wrote:

It flashed up with my EA Link but it hasn't updated yet to show it in Patches
For me it didn't show under patches, either.  It's under 2142:NS on the home screen.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6520|so randum
EA hasnt released the 1.2 incremental for us beta users, or NS testers.Silly people
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Magius5.0
+106|6402|UMass Amherst
Finished downloading, and I've played the titan mode.

It pwns!!!!

Noticeably reduced lag on the titan, even with forty to fifty people; Dice finally fixed that major problem, now everyone will be willing to open up 24/7 titan servers--with luck.  Also, the new northern strike unlocks are an added bonus, add something refreshing...motion mine bait makes my job of dealing with enemy mines a hell of a lot easier, as opposed to exposing myself for lengthy periods using the defuser.

Last edited by Magius5.0 (2007-02-21 12:40:59)

Zukabazuka
+23|6705
I just reinstalled the game and didn't need to bother about that again.
Janysc
+59|6703|Norway
Karma for anyone who can tell me why EA Link refuses to patch my BF2142 to any version (I reinstalled). It says "Update failed", and that's it. And no, I don't want to hear "EA Link sux = reason" .
1MaNArmY
+2|6818
any word on stat padding prevents in this new patch?  or is that supposed to be included in the northern strike expansion?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6520|so randum
The whole out of bounds, 15 seconds, then the "guardians" kill you thing, ala Halo2 gets rid of OOB healing. So it helps.

Last edited by fatherted13 (2007-02-21 12:47:31)

Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6730|Sweden
went smooth and fast with EA download only 2 hours feel great when you can use your 100Mb/s line.
1MaNArmY
+2|6818

fatherted13 wrote:

The whole out of bounds, 15 seconds, then the "guardians" kill you thing, ala Halo2 gets rid of OOB healing. So it helps.
Well that really wont be necessary now that you will actually get heal points for soldiers wounded <=50%.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6588

1MaNArmY wrote:

any word on stat padding prevents in this new patch?  or is that supposed to be included in the northern strike expansion?
- Out of bounds now kill immediately instead of doing gradual damage over 15 seconds
That's the prevention of statpadding. You could use the Bounds to damage yourself without getting negative points, then run back into the combat zone where a friend has dropped his medic hub.

Imagine 3 guys doing this to get the Medic Excellence Badge and only one has dropped his medic hub and holds a second one in his hands.

Edit: Previously EA Link posted its downloaded files in a cache directory in the EA Link program folder, but with the updated EA Link this folder is gone and thus the files. Where are they saved now ffs?!

Edit 2: On Vista: "Vistadrive:\ProgramData\ElectronicArts\EA Link\Cache\..."

Last edited by fierce (2007-02-21 13:18:03)

1MaNArmY
+2|6818
hmm, the things people will do get a worthless badge.  I still havent got my bronze heal badge because I don't have the patience to run around with the hub as players run away from me or whip their hub to heal themselves.  It not like there going to get any points for healing themselves.  Oh well maybe I'll actually attempt to get the badge now that you get credit when a soldier is 50% wounded.
1MaNArmY
+2|6818
So is this the patch that is supposed to have some anti-stat padding that bans your account if caught?  I can't remember if it was version 1.20 or the northern strike expansion.  How does this patch effect K & P servers?  Sorry I have been out of the loop so just trying to get updated.

Last edited by 1MaNArmY (2007-02-21 14:04:22)

Inspect@hDeck
+23|6446|Browntown
I found the Direct DL to the incremental:

http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2142/1.20/
Godhatch
+5|6630
anyone know how to find the titan maps on the server list where the titan doesn't move?
kachunkachunk
+8|6410|Ontario

Janysc wrote:

Karma for anyone who can tell me why EA Link refuses to patch my BF2142 to any version (I reinstalled). It says "Update failed", and that's it. And no, I don't want to hear "EA Link sux = reason" .
Hey, try to have about 5GB of space free, it should patch okay after. Your other thread had some more explanations on this, so you can refer to that. Maybe the other solutions posted before my post will help.

EDIT:

Godhatch wrote:

anyone know how to find the titan maps on the server list where the titan doesn't move?
Not by filter, no... but if you hit the little i button on each server you're interested in, you might be able to see something to do with the setting being on there. If not, sorry, no. : /

Last edited by kachunkachunk (2007-02-21 16:26:23)

Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6665|Ohio
my download is taking forever. i cant find anywhere faster than 100 kbps
[TUF]Whiskey_Oktober
mmmm...Toasty!
+91|6742|Oregon
ea link ftw? got mine downloaded in 5 min.
psH
Banned
+217|6404|Sydney

loonitic wrote:

_-_911_-_180891 wrote:

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Don't like the instant kill out of bound idea, maybe 5 seconds would be more appropriate.

The gunship spawn time should be reduced as a result of that change.
I really must agree with you there less spawn seconds for the gunship, PLEASE
AGREED
WELL its a bit too late now.

EDIT: i just got EA link, son of a bitch i love it, the download goes so dam fast!

Last edited by Doms (2007-02-21 17:09:31)

Commando
+8|6622
Good to know the Czech Republic flag is corrected. That deserves a 274mb patch

Last edited by Commando (2007-02-21 18:50:07)

JovesApples
+4|6473|USA
274mb patch = new titan render and NS unlocks!

im glad its finally out!
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6826|The planet Tophet
i have it
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6695|Canberra, AUS
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
psH
Banned
+217|6404|Sydney

Spark wrote:

The link above is incorrect: http://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/BF2142/1.20/
/quoteyourtitle
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6523|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

EA wrote:

Optimized rendering of Titans
What do they mean with that?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard