JaggedPanther
+61|6444
I dunno why ppl are crying about the blackhawk being nerfed or so-called nerfed.
That thing still can rip an APC apart even before it overheats. No effect on tanks, but I have defended many a flag and strategic postions using those side guns.  The Chinesse and MEC choppers are good too but no effect on APC's.

It's power is just right, if it was more powerful it would be like a hovering J-10.

Just an opinion after roaming around in the transport chopper for 1 month straight.

Last edited by JaggedPanther (2007-02-19 23:50:54)

Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6554|Vic, Australia
Have you updated it to 1.41??
If so what Bf2 are you playing?
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6711

Go Fuck yourself.
Blackhawk was Awesome, you dont know what your on about.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6689|Melbourne, Australia
blackhawk is ok i mean if your u.s on wake and youv got china pinned down to 1 CP (unless its the airfield) den yer start up ur whoring crew... but even then it sucks because to hit someone with dem chain guns u must be goin pretty slow which leaves u open for AT
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6375|NSW, Australia

Jestar12345 wrote:

Go Fuck yourself.
ohh jestar used a big word
N.A.T.O
The People’s Champion
+59|6410|A drop house
The only way the post patch mini gun could kill an APC is if the driver accidental hit the “E” key and fell out of the vehicle and the Blackhawk was on the ground 10 feet away. But like you Just an opinion.
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6433|A W S M F O X

N.A.T.O wrote:

The only way the post patch mini gun could kill an APC is if the driver accidental hit the “E” key and fell out of the vehicle and the Blackhawk was on the ground 10 feet away. But like you Just an opinion.
Yeah, except it will kill APC, try it next time. .50 cal will also kill it if you shoot just under the main APC cannon!
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6591|Gold coast, Aus.
Uhm.....No, it can not kill an APC before overheating. Are we playing the same patch here?
AWSMFOX
Banned
+405|6433|A W S M F O X

gene_pool wrote:

Uhm.....No, it can not kill an APC before overheating. Are we playing the same patch here?
Maybe if the APC is injured.....everytime!?

maybe he's tripping.
Ghost_of_Viking
+11|6451

JaggedPanther wrote:

I dunno why ppl are crying about the blackhawk being nerfed or so-called nerfed.
That thing still can rip an APC apart even before it overheats.
gji-had bus (aka vodnik), hummer != apc

now if you realy mean an apc, the tube thing on the ground is called tow hj-8 or whatever, but not blackhawk
']['error
Banned
+630|6614|The Netherlands

Plisken wrote:

Have you updated it to 1.41??
If so what Bf2 are you playing?

Jestar12345 wrote:

Go Fuck yourself.

gene_pool wrote:

lynxlyran
+15|6614
If the BH is on the ground and NOT moving, it will kill an APC or tank without overheating.

If the BH is moving? fugetaboutit.

Pretty easy to test on Dragon at the USMC docks.

Last edited by lynxlyran (2007-02-20 08:28:06)

Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6298|105 RVK
are u saying u can still got 100-0 on wake with a BH? post a screenie of you doing it then
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6619|Norway
A vodnik will blow up before the hawk if they are shooting at each other at the same time.

Apc? No way, just no way.
Addict
+8|6314|The Netherlands
I know you can kill an APC with the .50 caliber mg of vehicles before overheating (full health apc)...

But you have to hit it exactly on the right spot, you cant do that with the BH i think.....
Lieutenant_Jensen
Your cops are corrupt.
+200|6361|fåking denmark
No way it can kill an APC , as the other lads says , maybe a Hummer or Vodnik ,

but no!, not an APC
too_money2007
+145|6278|Keller, Tx
The BH's guns are trash. In 1.40, on Wake, I was a gunner in the BH circling the top left base, forgot the name. There was an enemy on the beach, so I lit him up. All you could see was dirt and dust and the enemy just runs out of it. I let off around 200 bullets, on target, and he didn't die.
imortal
+240|6635|Austin, TX

JaggedPanther wrote:

That thing still can rip an APC apart even before it overheats. No effect on tanks, but I have defended many a flag and strategic postions using those side guns.  The Chinesse and MEC choppers are good too but no effect on APC's.

It's power is just right, if it was more powerful it would be like a hovering J-10.

Just an opinion after roaming around in the transport chopper for 1 month straight.
ummm.  You are entitled to your opinion, but no.  You must not have played pre-1.2 versions of the blackhawk.  The Scourge of Mashtuur.  The Breaker of the Stalemate.  Give me 2 support, 2 medics, and 2 engineers in the back, and I will show you 6 scores of 100+ with no deaths. 

I used to love to fly the blackhawk.  I could line gunners up with whatever they wanted. I practiced flying sideways to give my left side gunner free reign.  When the Deathhawk came circling, no enemy made it to safety.  Those beautiful doorguns of infinate destruction could lay waste to troops just by letting the bullets ride by. The only thing to give me pause were Vodniks, but I could usually get away and let my engineers repair me.  When not repairing my vehicle of noble destruction, the engineers would toss grenades, so foolish enemies would learn not to try to hide under my chopper.  The medics would heal up anyone who was hit by the fearful firing those doomed souls would throw at us in a desperate attempt to live a couple seconds longer.

Why did I love flying, instead of being part of the orgy of death at the doorgun?  Driver points baby!  Kill assists, driver ability points!  I have gotten over 100 points without ever firing a shot, or pulling out a medic or ammo bag.

The current blackhawk sucks.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6624|Westminster, Colorado
A) The Blackhawk does NOT pwn anymore
B) It CAN kill an APC.  I have done it on Gulf of Oman (immediately followed by, "What the?  I just killed an APC with a BH gun?") 
C) It does help at times when taking a flag to be able to jump in the guns and mow down infy at CLOSE range, but in the air the guns do nothing to infy.
D) I use it only for flying to the enemy main to steal jet/choppers.
im_in_heaven
+27|6558
The black hawk is a transport chopper hence to transport people. It wasnt designed to fly around mashtuur in circles and kill everyone.  So stop complaining about the blackhawk. If anything its very hard to shoot down and gets your soldiers to places you need.
CaptainMike
It's just a flesh wound
+45|6615|Canada
APC: Armored Personnel Carrier - LAV-25, WZ 551, and BTR-90

I think you are talking about transport vehicles which the BH can destroy.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

im_in_heaven wrote:

The black hawk is a transport chopper hence to transport people. It wasnt designed to fly around mashtuur in circles and kill everyone.  So stop complaining about the blackhawk. If anything its very hard to shoot down and gets your soldiers to places you need.
Well you could say the same for the APC,it should just have a useless gun because it's designed for transport.

There was a delicate balance back before that patch,now USMC have nothing.

Apart from their pistol.
Master*
Banned
+416|6465|United States
littlebird>blackhawk
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6624|Westminster, Colorado

CaptainMike wrote:

APC: Armored Personnel Carrier - LAV-25, WZ 551, and BTR-90

I think you are talking about transport vehicles which the BH can destroy.
Nope we are talking about the APC. 

Test:
Go onto Ghost Town on a local server and get in the Blackhawk (SAS main).  Aim a gun at the APC and go to town.  You will see what a BH can do to an Armored Personnel Carrier.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6664|Howell, Mi USA
It's not the power we miss... it's the splash damage
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard