WormGuts
+17|6813|Dayton, Ohio
Korean war era would be fantastic.  I agree with previous post that that is an under appreciated war (police action).
FoodNipple101
I like grapes.
+1|6777
I dont take offense but other people from these small countries over in europe bashing us like no tomorrow and I think aussie is cool. I knew a guy from NZ ya not the same I know. But aussie matters but when people who arent from here and just bash us is wrong. If it werent for us(not saying it egotistically) the world would be a bad place to be in.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6782

Umm, how about a Wild Wild West BF. With real shoot outs, and manly men.

Then my personal favorite would be Ninjas vs. Pirates. Or either one of those combinations.

Last, a futuristic BF would be nice, haven't seen a game that pushes the imagination like that in quite a long time.

Oh an how about BF set in like looney toon world, with Acme weapons for the Mec equivalent, and real weapons for the USA equivalent?

Anyone feel the same way I do?
jax
+12|6787
cool post. NZ rocks my socks (me living in NZ and all), i think a WW3 would be cool because then we wouldn't have people complaining about how unrealistc the weapons are and classes like assult would be better. I never did like the assuld or medic guns in BF1942
Krappyappy
'twice cooked beef!'
+111|6839
battlefield: oklahoma

ride horses and chuck wagons

indians get bows and arrows and ultra fast respawn

US army gets blankets infected with measles

demolition class with nitroglycerin vials. take three steps and all your ammo blows up
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6760

How about a futuristic modern Bf2 with Humans versing Robots, Terminator Style. Or a LA Gangsta Bf2 where you have to Capture territory, similar to GTA : San Andreas, and you have to choose a team when you buy the game?

ĵęŞţĄŔ

Last edited by Jestar12345 (2005-12-03 00:31:09)

Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6750|Uhh... erm...
How about a BF based on C&C: Generals? That would be kinda nice, wouldn't it...
H0ly(rap
+10|6740|Nebraska
well this current one kinda is, i mean all they would have to do is make a mod,
H0ly(rap
+10|6740|Nebraska
well hmm ive never played sanandres so...
jools
+-1|6827|a galaxy far, far away....
choice 1 - modern, just with more armies and sceneries.
choice 2 - Sci-Fi (star wars? warhammer 40k? dune? star trek? cowboy bebop? your choice...).
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6815|Barrington, RI

Papa Smurf 314 wrote:

i think they should make it on the cold war. even though  nothing happened, they could make a game on what COULD of happened, and make a level with the Seals going over to cuba to disarm the nukes. i think that would be pretty cool.
HELL YES!!!!
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6815|Barrington, RI

jools wrote:

choice 1 - modern, just with more armies and sceneries.
choice 2 - Sci-Fi (star wars? warhammer 40k? dune? star trek? cowboy bebop? your choice...).
Stargate?
Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6760

H0ly(rap wrote:

well hmm ive never played sanandres so...
Theyre pretty easy challenges, all you have to do is waste heaps of guys with your M4 whilst they run at you with baseball bats and pistols.
WhiteStain
+3|6755|NEPA
Cold war is a great idea, its already been done and done very well with Operation Flashpoint.
I like the BF: War on Terror idea. Except you can have an insane president as your commander that only commands from his ranch in texas while his men are doing the real work, and instead of having a UAV you get that stupid Terror Alert level bar telling you whether its ok to go outside today. And add a new class of soldier called Rivera. He can be the "Battle Recorder" and ruin everything for everyone.
REDTEAM
Banned
+0|6742|Pleasanton,CA
What about the "year of 1812"
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6782

WhiteStain wrote:

...and instead of having a UAV you get that stupid Terror Alert level bar telling you whether its ok to go outside today. And add a new class of soldier called Rivera. He can be the "Battle Recorder" and ruin everything for everyone.
LOL, funny stuff
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6863|Bryan/College Station, TX
In truth I don't want EA/DICE to release BF3 in anything but a modern or futuristic genre but not science fiction. Bascially a modern game based maybe up to 25 to 50 years in the future.

While I would like to see BF:1942 and BF:V using the current graphics engine and the bells and whistles. A Korean genre would be nice and a WWI would be interesting. A French-Indian war might be cool.

However I believe that the one thing you have wrong with a WWI or American Revolution or 1812 or anything in those eras is the regimented style of fighting. What made those eras special were the formations and the style of fighting at the time. Frankly hardly anyone in FPS knows how to stay in a tight group much less a formation and listening to orders is about as foreign to most players as spotaneously changing skin pigment.

So I would like to keep all genre for BF2 game engine or future release to be WWII or later. This way it's some what believable. Personally I like history the way it is and I would hate to see a bunch of punks screw something else up.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6794|Noizyland

World War One was just a big stalemate, with people rushing machineguns and being mowed down. It'd get very very boring. What EA should do though is do a similar thing that they did to BFV. They brought out a kind of Mod/Expansion thing that made BF1942 awesome, (check out http://www.ea.com/official/battlefield/1942/us/home.jsp it's all there.)

An awesome thing to do, (and amazingly complicated,) would to bring out "Battlefield: Centuries of War" And have battles and maps from around the American Civil War to futuristic battles, post Battefield 2. It'd be awesome, but probably ridiculously complicated.

Last edited by Tyferra (2005-12-03 20:50:21)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Papa Smurf 314
Right in the Smurfin' parking lot?
+90|6789|New York
people actually read my post about the cold war idea and replied! awesome lol
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6840|Delaware
These games have been sequential, going backwards is stupid. Lets think more modern. Can't get too modern or it'll be Battlefield: Battlefront (as opposed to Star Wars). Thinking Terminator like Wars.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6794|Noizyland

Papa Smurf 314 wrote:

people actually read my post about the cold war idea and replied! awesome lol
I didn't.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
faust82
+0|6806|Sykkylven, Norway

H0ly(rap wrote:

well yea but they just wouldnt be able to kill in 3 shots or whatever like these other ones.
WW1 rifles usually killed in 1 shot. Want to know why? 1 shot in chest = 1 wounded soldier, with a 25% survival chance. 1 shot in gut = 1 dying soldier. 0% survival chance, even if they got him to the field hospital. These stats lasted well into WW2.

A WW1 game wouldn't work too well though, since the wars of the day were pure infantery storm scenarios. No tanks, just lorries to get the soldiers to the front, and possibly some steelplated cars with machineguns onboard to keep an assault going. And imagine the casualties... there was very little door-to-door fighting. There was mainly trench battles with one side storming the machine guns of the other side, getting cut down, and then the other side tried storming your side's machine guns only to get cut down in return. Add some random and very unprecise artillery, and you have a 40.000-dead-a-day scenario.

Few wars have claimed more soldiers than WW1.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6750|Uhh... erm...
Well, C&C Generals is set in the near future, and at the rate we're advancing, we should have reached that level of technology by that time.
RDMC_old
+0|6755|Almere, Holland

H0ly(rap wrote:

personally I would enjoy a WWI Game but there are SOOO many wars to base a  game off of which one  would you like to see next?
you know.. that battlefield 2 really sucks with WWI.. no tanks.. well there are tanks but without anyguns.. the only planes you will have will be those paper planes and WWI was stalemate war.. so you would be in  a stalemate everytime.. what i want to see is some more precipitation and such.. seeying day change into the night.. as the match proceeds..would be cool
RDMC_old
+0|6755|Almere, Holland
Maybe a future war .. a non excisting war with laser guns

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard