T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6283|Pennsyltucky

Being a Noob I can't fly helis for squat so I don't even try.

Today though I spent some time in the nose of a HIND & got my basic heli acting as a gunner.

The pilot was pretty if not very good.  He was even cool about letting me fly if i WANTED when it respawned after we both got killed.  I said no & it was cool to just be the gunner.

Anyway, awhile later there was another guy that was whoring the Hind (Iron gator).  Whenever I got in the gunner seat he kept saying bail out, bail out.  Then was sending Chat :  GET OUT  (Yes in caps) over & over. 

When I asked why he said he's "better" alone & likes to switch seats while flying.

I didn't get out & he was upset.   This happened more than once.

Being a noob should I have gotten out?

I don't think so.

I can see not wanting a noob to fly but why not let me just be a gunner.

Any comments would be appreciated.

My stats >>>>>>>>      http://bf2s.com/player/91820497/

Last edited by T.Pike (2007-02-18 22:08:32)

{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.
+389|6760|San Antonio, Texas
I wouldn't have gotten out.
acEofspadEs6313
Shiny! Let's be bad guys.
+102|6693|NAS Jacksonville, Florida
First, welcome to the world of BF2.

Just because you're a new guy doesn't mean you should've gotten out. The game is there for fun, and as long as you're having fun, that's all that really counts.
Mr.Dooomed
Find your center.
+752|6328

What a fucking douche bag that pilot was. This goes for ALL of you who rather be alone and insist on telling someone to bail...Go SHOVE your STATS and your chopper whoring faces up your own ASS.  I don't mind you who gun and pilot alone when thats all you you want to do. But if you are trying to kick someone out, or crashing your heli just to get it again your a drain on the BF2 society. Go get a life and stop playing this game.

Last edited by Im_Dooomed (2007-02-18 22:06:07)

Nature is a powerful force. Those who seek to subdue nature, never do so permanently.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6674|Houston, Texas
As far as solo guys, F them. If a pilot has another gunner he wants to work with, I will get out if they have the same clan tags, since chances are they are on Ventrilo or Teamspeak and working together as a team.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6835|Kubra, Damn it!

Speaking of etiquette, it's bad manners to go to the best BF2 stats site on the web and post a link to your stats on another, inferior, stats site. In the future, post this: http://bf2s.com/player/91820497/ as your stats link. Better yet, go to your profile here and enter your PID under the messaging link. That will enable your stats link under your name.

Back on topic, stay in the heli if you want. It can be frustrating for us to have noobs in the gunner's seat, but you have just as much right to be there as anyone else. You bought the game too, so have your fun.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6283|Pennsyltucky

WOW, those were FAST Replies!

Thanks for your support.

I want to have fun but don't want to ruin anyone elses game either.  I just want to be a "Team Player".

I made Corporal today and almost half my points are for Team work.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6283|Pennsyltucky

chittydog wrote:

Speaking of etiquette, it's bad manners to go to the best BF2 stats site on the web and post a link to your stats on another, inferior, stats site. In the future, post this: http://bf2s.com/player/91820497/ as your stats link. Better yet, go to your profile here and enter your PID under the messaging link. That will enable your stats link under your name.

Back on topic, stay in the heli if you want. It can be frustrating for us to have noobs in the gunner's seat, but you have just as much right to be there as anyone else. You bought the game too, so have your fun.
SORRY,
I just started this week and Im checking a bunch of Forums.

I "Fixed" the original post.

Please accept my apology.

Last edited by T.Pike (2007-02-18 22:10:58)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6835|Kubra, Damn it!

T.Pike wrote:

chittydog wrote:

SORRY, I'll try to find out how to post my stats from here.

Don't sweat it man. I wasn't trying to flame you, just show you how to post your stuff here. Welcome to the forums.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

T.Pike wrote:

SORRY, I'll try to find out how to post my stats from here.

No need to apologise. And...

WELCOME TO BF2 AND BF2S!

Last edited by {M5}Sniper3 (2007-02-18 22:11:36)

gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
Don't get out. Sure you don't want to ruin their fun, but essentially their doing it to you. Imo i find getting a new player a nice kill streak from piloting for them is more fun then getting myself a big score. I'm one of them guys who would rather let you have a fun time then get points.
T.Pike
99 Problems . . .
+187|6283|Pennsyltucky

I was really grateful for the 1st guy I was flying with we got some good kills & there was no way I'd get the Basic Heli by myself.
SexyCabbage
One Shot, One Kill ... Always
+68|6480|Kentucky
good decision dont listen too people like that. the heli has 2 seats for a reason
fisher339
+0|6672
this has happened to me before, i can't fly either, not in any of the bf games. I have had pilots tell me to get out, but i don't cause for the most part a noob gunner is better than no gunner.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6324|Graz, Austria
I had one of those morons on Operation Smokescreen today.
His name was "King 8udwiser" (a 2nd Lt) or something like that (didn't find his stats).

When someone entered the gunner seat he turned the chopper upside down, bailed out and crashed the chopper and killed the gunner.
Once he even teamkilled someone that had started a dispute about his behaviour.
When someone crashed a plane into his chopper he started complaining.

Changing seats in the choppers is the single most ridiculous thing in this game. It should definitely get patched out.
frankyman_88
I <3 J.C.
+29|6556|QLD, australia
i was in a chopper once and the pilot didn't even tell me to get out, he simply flew to the out of bounds and parked my end of the chopper out with him still in. This ensured i got out but he was free to sit there for as long as it took. Don't u just hate wankers liek that?
Smithereener
+138|6316|California
I don't usually get in Attack Choppers much, but when I do, I obviously have a more enjoyable time with the pilot that doesn't spam "Bail Out."

I'd only get out if I see a guy with the same tags next to the chopper or if the pilot is being a dick(i.e. Flipping upsidedown on purpose, yelling for missing a shot, never setting up a shot, etc.).

But if you were having fun, that should be enough. Screw the people who live for the points.
Mad Ad
+178|6511|England, UK
why is it that choppers bring out the worst in people in bf2?

if the person is even slightly new, having BAIL OUT shouted at them just makes them more nervous and much less likely to actually hit anything than if the pilot had STFU and got on with it.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6535|Edmonton Alberta

fisher339 wrote:

this has happened to me before, i can't fly either, not in any of the bf games. I have had pilots tell me to get out, but I'm a noob, and for the most part no gunner is better than a noob gunner.
i fixed your sentence

u know 2 people in a helo talking over ts/vent/voip that know what they are doing is better than no gunner at all
but a good pilot and a horribly shitty gunner that doesnt know how to hit C to change views and doesnt realize that a tv missile can turn will lose to 2 noobs in a helo that are communicating

same with a horrible pilot and a good gunner.... i pilot that doesn't prioritize targets IE. would rather try and kill some random sniper on a hill than the A.A that's locking them.... or doesn't line you up for good tv shots

now i think im above average at piloting and gunning in helicopters..... but usually i will not let anybody under the rank of first sargeant gun with me in the helo... if they happen to jump into the helo with me when it spawns well so be it.. but if i am flying and some person on the ground asks for a ride.. its a "no way man"
jkg1389
The Sound Of Silence
+9|6465
Same thing happened to me, I was gunning for a little bit, not doing great, and the pilot wasnt that good. And he went to the middle part of Wake (over the water) and kept telling me to bail. I eventually got tired of just sitting there and jumped, knowing we would have gotten shot down soon. I hate people that think that any vehicle is just for really good people.
13rin
+977|6479
Mother of God.. Don't go to a TOP server then.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
FredFLQ
S0tp R4p1nG u5!!1one
+47|6531|Donnacona, Quebec
I only ask the gunners to get out if I KNOW they suck.
HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6552
If the guy that asked you to get out is marginally better than you then yes get out and let him roll. If he starts seat switching and sucking then you can bitch but if i was in his situation I would have done the same and if you refused to get out I would have redlined you. Call me an asshole but when you have enough talent to be able to run a map while single seating more power too you. Now if you cant back it up then time to take on a gunner.
{M5}Sniper3
Typical white person.

HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_= wrote:

If the guy that asked you to get out is marginally better than you then yes get out and let him roll. If he starts seat switching and sucking then you can bitch but if i was in his situation I would have done the same and if you refused to get out I would have redlined you. Call me an asshole but when you have enough talent to be able to run a map while single seating more power too you. Now if you cant back it up then time to take on a gunner.
Asshole.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6520|Adelaide, South Australia

HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_= wrote:

You people are the reason I can't get my Chopper Ribbon.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard